• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable III improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Archeolog

Re: Fable III improvements

If they were to do a fourth game (just imagine yourselves) it would be nice with the feeling of the game being real, like the manga 1/2 Prince

R

rampio

-Camera should be like it was in fable 1 dont really like camera in fable 2 or u should have option to chance camera follow
-not those stupid stars like in fable 2 and it might need bows
-some foes should be like they were in fable 1 like balverines

Dentie

Reaction score

rampio;294640 said:
-Camera should be like it was in fable 1 dont really like camera in fable 2 or u should have option to chance camera follow
-not those stupid stars like in fable 2 and it might need bows
-some foes should be like they were in fable 1 like balverines

Balverines?? :thumbsup: yeah i think they need to put belverines in the game too because they really arent!

SOURCE: FABLE WIKI

Balverines return in Fable II, and are first encountered on the road to Westcliff. They have their own dungeon, called the Howling Halls, that the player must get through to get to the Westcliff Camp. Also, they are fought in the arena known as The Crucible. During the Hero of Skill quest, while returning the Shadow Seal to its owner, you must fight several Shadows that act and fight like Balverines.
While traveling along the Westcliff Road, a woman named Lilith requests your help saving her son from Balverines. However, she betrays you to her "children" for food before jumping out of sight. This indicates the ability to shape-shift and greater intelligence for the more advanced Balverines, She reappears later after the Hero defeats all her "Children" as a White Balverine.

H

halo2and34u

More legendary weapons, more online play, mode like horde mode on gears 2

Milycious

Fabled Pirate
Reaction score

Fable II had epic improvments comparing to its sequel.
Hum... the Guild Cave was a bit lame though ^_^ Comparing to that smexy Guild thingy in the 1st one.

If any improvments are suggested for the 3d one, I think, personnally, it should be these:
Code:
- Bring back armor sets and more equipment with more upgrades
- More expressions, maybe where you can actually say something rather then groan and laugh like some dumbo
- Ability to choose a pet or a beast, maybe even fly!
- Create your own guild, oh yeah!
- Even more freedom of space, ability to jump and roll

Might ruin the game though, gotta stick to what we have already.
I guess its up to Lionhead studios and what the majority of the fans really want.

Black Phoenix

Amatuer Buddhist (:
Reaction score

i may sound like a jerk saying this but someone has to say it.
instead of only being able to explore a kilometre of bowerstone, how about all of it? games like GTA and Driv3r managed it!

i go to fairfax castle and look down on hundreds of houses in bowerstone knowing i cant get to em :(

Milycious

Fabled Pirate
Reaction score

Black Phoenix;295533 said:
i may sound like a jerk saying this but someone has to say it.
instead of only being able to explore a kilometre of bowerstone, how about all of it? games like GTA and Driv3r managed it!

i go to fairfax castle and look down on hundreds of houses in bowerstone knowing i cant get to em :(
+rep

I agree.

suffering

Reaction score

A horse? With armour. :)
Heavy armour, slow but protects against swords. And the occasional bullet. Something like the Spanish Conquistadors.
Bows for the silent folks.

Pirate ships.
A pirate job, in which you travel or teleport to a ship and then you board an enemy ship. Fire cannons with a kind of mode similiar to that of that target minigame. And then boarding.

Rideable Ligers XD

Oh and I remember hearing about guilds specializing in strength, skill and willpowers. Perhaps this could be a good time to add some :S

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

Skorm! Bring back Skorm's chapel, I know that it the big talking heads in fable tlc told you it was all fake, but come on nothing could be more fake than that wheel of fortune and it's camp host in the shadow place (can tell it be a while since I played!)
When I play as a baddy (90% of the time) I want to be bad and look bad, so lets have full transformations into demons when you've been doing evil deeds, the only way to repent? A mission for the chapel of Avo the culminates in your baptism. And no offence but I don't play online, I like playing games by myself, so make it that I can complete a game 100% without having to go on to xbox live!

*Oh and get rid of Zoe Wanamaker, her voice is so annoying!

S

Sushi Fish X

Oh About,Make The Story Not 10 Seconds Lonh
Lol

U

ultimakey

to be able to control ur own property like destroying it and design a whole new one and able to design your own character because the main character that lionhead makes just looks weird and gay

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

Inferno Dye

an enchanted dye that makes the dyed clothing (or hair for that matter) appear to be on fire
other enchanted dyes:
Lightning Dye (pale blue, sends electricity up and down every once and a while)
Bloody Dye (makes item red and drippy)

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

Well I suppose since it's stickied anyway I guess this fable 3 thread is alright, but do you think lionhead will really care? as for my improvements:

1. More than one arena, more like five and each of them have different challenges and have several levels of difficulty.
  2. Way more clothing, like 5x as much, and many different types of clothing as well, including accessories.
  3. At least two more classes of weapons, and dual wielding, also throwing weapons.
  4. More joinable cults/ gangs, and the ability to create your own.
  5. At least 10 more big areas, and 15 more dungeon/cave like areas.
  6. More customization of houses.
  7. The ability to buy any building in the game at some point and have more castles and houses in locations like garth's house was in.
  8. ability to just buy whole towns at once or earn the ownership of them through quests.
  9. Ability to establish town in almost any area that doesn't already have one, including the ability to place furnished buildings, add more furniture to them, and replace furniture already in them, all of the pieces of the town costing money.
  10. Ability to silently kill someone from behind like in assassins creed.

This would make a great game indeed!!!

W

Wolfgarr

In fable 3 I think that they shouldn't go much in the future to start because I kind of like the medieval base for the game, I am all for the duel wielding, that would be sweet.

Some other stuff I would like to see brought back would be if they brought back Mana and the healing spell, also plate armor and bows...

Their was a lot of stuff that I liked about fable 2 but I liked the fact that fable 1 was beter in some ways, like the medieval bows and arrows sort of thing... so dont get me wrong I love guns but bows and sword and axes are fairly sweet to.

Beside that just add some more legendary items, and BETER BOSSES! I mean fable 1 you have to fight jack in his normal form then later in his Dragon form which was one of my fav bosses in any game I have played(even out of all the WoW bosses) in my opinion. But all in all just some minor changes like that would be nice.

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

James Butts;296268 said:
Well I suppose since it's stickied anyway I guess this fable 3 thread is alright, but do you think lionhead will really care? as for my improvements:

1. More than one arena, more like five and each of them have different challenges and have several levels of difficulty.
  2. Way more clothing, like 5x as much, and many different types of clothing as well, including accessories.
  3. At least two more classes of weapons, and dual wielding, also throwing weapons.
  4. More joinable cults/ gangs, and the ability to create your own.
  5. At least 10 more big areas, and 15 more dungeon/cave like areas.
  6. More customization of houses.
  7. The ability to buy any building in the game at some point and have more castles and houses in locations like garth's house was in.
  8. ability to just buy whole towns at once or earn the ownership of them through quests.
  9. Ability to establish town in almost any area that doesn't already have one, including the ability to place furnished buildings, add more furniture to them, and replace furniture already in them, all of the pieces of the town costing money.
  10. Ability to silently kill someone from behind like in assassins creed.

This would make a great game indeed!!!

I like these A LOT ! ! ! :w00t:

Guess we can only hope . . . +rep

suffering

Reaction score

Pirate ships.
A pirate job, in which you travel or teleport to a ship and then you board an enemy ship. Fire cannons with a kind of mode similiar to that of that target minigame. And then boarding.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

i'd like to bring up a point yahtzee said in his fable 2 review
paraphrased said:
and why can't i marry my dog? it's a simple fact that every game will be under some restraint

you should be able to put living creature A in a chapel and get married.
I WANT MY WIFE TO BE A BALVERINE
then those stupid kids would stay off my lawn or have their faces chewed in :lol:

A

andrewvanmarle

My suggested improvement would be to have a the"use" function enabled when buying poitions (just like when you get one from a chest.

This saves a lot of hassle when buying a slew of xp potions.

and in the "more more more" category i'd like to see more zones that chenge according to your actions. I really wanted to clean up wraithmarsh for instance.

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

andrewvanmarle;296787 said:
My suggested improvement would be to have a the"use" function enabled when buying poitions (just like when you get one from a chest.

This saves a lot of hassle when buying a slew of xp potions.

and in the "more more more" category i'd like to see more zones that chenge according to your actions. I really wanted to clean up wraithmarsh for instance.

Yeah definitely agree ! Gr8 idea ! :D

I'm surprised they didn't actually as it gets to be a bit of an annoyance to have to go into the potions menu everytime lol

plastic

Macros the Black
Reaction score

-I honestly want to see the Guild put together again(whether you're the hero getting the Guild set up again or you're just another hero after the fact that it was reestablished).
-If you did see the Guild again why not put it in Wraithmarsh for the sake of renewing Oakvale.
-I really don't like saying stuff like this but I would like to see a better composition of some of the story architecture as far as history and religion(might be just fine but if it is then I guess they could probably explain it more)
-If the Guild was split up into the three different parts(Strength, Skill, and Will)to make the hero more inclined to use one more than the other two because he/she is better suited to use it.(when I say split up, I don't necessarily mean make three different Guilds)
-I do like the family feature but I would like to see my children in the Guild(if it's brought back)
-Both Fable and Fable 2 start with the hero with nothing then you as the player have to get everything for him. What if the hero already had everything he wanted/needed for the rest of his life then was reduced to nothing for the player to take over from there.

Just some thoughts, reply back if you like it or not or if you want to add to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.