• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fate

R

Rhadiel

Re: Fate

Heres # 4....ENJOY ^^

FATE

Chapter 4 : An Somewhat Expected Victory

Rhadiel and Buddy sprinted though the forest of Greatwood as felt the moist wet earth beneath their feet. Rhadiel had a bad feeling that all will not go as he planned..As they reached the entrance to Orchard Farm...or what used to be Orchard Farm....burned buildings and scorched grass surrounded the area. Rhadiel leaned against a nearby tree to catch his breath as Buddy sat at his feet. After a few moments, they both slowly and cautiously approached one of the black. burnt buildings.
Buddy walked in first and scoped it out a bit. Then, Rhadiel tiptoed in, careful not to make such noise. They saw nothing, nothing but burnt barrels and scalded floor boards. Then, Buddy turned around and saw the mysterious woman standing at the foot of the stairs. " So....you made it...sadly" the woman said, "I guess since nothing in the forest killed you...I will." Rhadiel took a step back and Buddy growled. Suddenly, out of a puff of smoke, came Gloria, tied up and dangling from the ceiling by a rope. " Gloria!" Rhadiel said in alarm. "Its alright" Gloria told him.
Rhadiel looked to Buddy, who was still growling, waiting for an order. " If you want her back...you'll need to kill ME. The woman said "Though we BOTH know that won't happen. Right Briar?" " I told you, Im NOT Briar Rose! Im Gloria Rose." Gloria said as she dangled from the ceiling. Rhadiel looked to woman, who's eyes suddenly turned red. Out of nowhere, what seemed to be a ball of fire flew towards Rhadiel. Rhadiel was shocked by the sight, as the ball hit Rhadiel, it felt like a thousand suns blasting some kind of ray directly at him.
He launched backward, flying straight into a pile of barrels. Buddy charged, he ran at the the woman, but she was to quick, she picked up Buddy by the neck and held a dagger up to his head. " So you little ****, how do you feel now that your dog is going to-" Rhadiel heard a crash and a bang. The woman was thrown back by some kind of light. He looked behind him, and to his a surprise, man. Tall, with gray hair and a long red coat with a what seemed to be the mark of Avo...but it was backwards....The woman looked in shock at whjat she saw.
The man threw a knife at the rope that was holding Gloria, and she fell and hit the floor. Gloria got up and said " Why hello Guildmaster." The 'Guildmaster' looked to Gloria, then Rhadiel, then the woman. He calmly said " How do you do Gloria, let me take it from here." Then an outstandingly bright symboled circle surrounded the man. Gloria smirked " Bye bye *****." The woman got up an ran towards the man at full speed, but w/o warning a single beam of blue light struck from above and caught the woman dead in her tracks.
Rhadiel and Buddy watched in amazement as the woman suddenly obliterated. The man turned to Rhadiel. "Hello lad. Whats might your name be?" He asked " Rhadiel sir, Rhadiel Ragula" he replied. "Gloria" the man said " This the boy you told me about?" Gloria nodded. "Well, I'll tell you all about what happened once we get back to the Guild." Suddenly a blue light swirled around Gloria , The man, and Rhadiel himself. The last thing Rhadiel heard was "Back to the guild we go."

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I kind of find it unrealistic that a 10 year old boy could knock down a bandit, as well as survive a direct blast of fire.

I liked the Jack Backstory...

R

Rhadiel

well he IS a destined HERO....and he in the great great great great ect. grandson of the hero in fable...besdies...i have a explanation to that...ull find out in da next chapter

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

The hero in Fable didn't do anything as a kid. He could never survive a fire blast...

R

Rhadiel

.....didnt i just say i have an explanation in the next chapter? :p

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah, and didn't I just say that the Hero in Fable couldn't do anything as a kid. The whole point of the guild was to make him strong.

R

Rhadiel

....explanation.....alright...do u just want me to tell u the explanation?...its basically a spoiler...

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I am not asking about anything. Your original reason was "it's because he's a hero"

I just explained why that is not a relevant answer.

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score

well think about it he might have used that magicy thing in his foot to knock down the bandit

R

Rhadiel

FATE
Chapter 5 : The Guild of Heroes

Rhadiel suddenly awoke with a jolt, as if from a bad dream. He looked around, wondering weather he was at home or not. Suddenly, man walked into the room Rhadiel was in. "Why hello young master, awake are you?" He asked.
Rhadiel looked puzzled, then remembered that the man was from earlier, or from what he can tell, the man that saved him and Gloria at Orchard Farm. He remembered the event well, as if it was welded into his memory. He remembered the woman and the beam of light that took her life, and the swirling light which he thinks carried him to this place.
The man spoke once more, "You must be wondering how your alive aren't you? You took quite a blow back there." Then, Rhadiel remembered he was hit, by that...thing...that flaming ball....He looked up at the man, and hopped out of the bed he awoke in. "How DID I survive that hit" Rhadiel asked the man. The jeered a little, and calmly smiled and asked "Do you wish me to show you?" Rhadiel nodded his head. The man muttered some words under his breath, in sort of a song. Then suddenly, he glowed bright with a blue aura surrounding him. "This is how you survived it."
Rhadiel looked puzzled...then...remembered something...he didn't before. Just before the ball hit him. He was surrounded by the same blue aura the man has around him now. "What does it do?" he asked. The man replied " It absorbs any impact and any thing that hits it." Then Rhadiel asked an array of questions, why am I here, what is this place, who are who? "This, my young lad, is the Guild of Heroes, and I am the Guild Master. You are here because Gloria has sensed some kind of greatness in you." The Guild Master paused for a moment. "What kind of greatness...Not even Avo can tell, but it IS there."
Then, Rhadiel asked "Wheres Buddy?" "Out in the courtyard chasing butterflies, lively pup that one is. Let me show you" The Guild Master walked Rhadiel down a flight of stairs, then...gave him a simple tour of the buidling. Rhadiel looked in awe as the passed and talked about the Map Room, Library, Pub, Shop, and everything else. As they made their way to the court yard, Rhadiel spotted Buddy. Buddy yipped as he ran towards Rhadiel and jumped into his arms. Then, Gloria walked up the two of them. "Hi Gloria" Rhadiel said to her. "Good morning sprout, how ya doin'" she asked. "Fine."
As they continued the tour Rhadiel heard Gloria talking to the Guild Master. "So...is it decided" she asked "Yup, he start his academy training next week. First, let him get used to being here, let him explore." Rhadiel pondered at the conversation. The Guild Master walked over to Rhadiel " You have many hard years ahead of you lad. Get some rest, adn you can do what you need to in the morning.
Rhadiel awoke once more and got dressed. He wondered the Guilds' halls, exploring. He found many neat things, statues, chests, and he wondered "Wow, this is AWESOME. I can't wait to begin" over the next week he repeated this, he explored and wondered. Then on the final day of the week, the Guild Master walked up to him. It may be early still, but...get some rest boy. You've been wandering all the time. Head to bed...you training starts tomorrow...........

R

Rhadiel

ok...i forgot to say somthing...for those who are wondering...if u are....chapter 6 will be up MAYBE next week..so check in!

R

Rhadiel

FATE

Chapter 6 : Basic Tests

Head to bed...you training starts tomorrow...........

The next morning, the world seemed to be very peaceful, as Rhadiel. Buddy, and all the apprentices awoke from there slumber. Rhadiel sat at the edge of his bed, yawning. Buddy was looking up at him, thoughtfully. "What do you want boy?" He asked. "Wanna biscuit?". Buddy's ears lifted to the sound. Buddy had a 'guild biscuit' last night, and had grown fond of them very fast. Rhadiel and Buddy walked down the stairs to the tavern for breakfast. Rhadiel saw a few apprentice girls at the bottom of the stairs. They giggled, then, Rhadiel noticed he was still in his boxers. They motioned to him to go put clothes on, and giggled as they did so. As Rhadiel walked back up stairs, one of the younger girls followed him up. Rhadiel didn't pay attention to her.He blushed as she stood at the doorway, watching him put his clothes on.
What does she want? She walked in to the room and sat on Rhadiels bed. "Hi." she said. "Hey" he replied. She smiled and siad"Ya know...some of the girls down stairs thought you were kinda cute. Not the baby cute either." Rhadiel flushed at this. He was 10 years old. and girls already thought he was CUTE? "Really? I thought you were laughing at me" he said " Whats your name?" She asked. "Rhadiel" "Wow, thats a nice name, never met a Rhadiel before. My names
Theresa" Rhadiel thought Theresa? Wow, what a beautiful name. Rhadiel and Theresa got into conversation. Then, the door opened. The Guildmaster was there. "Why hello Theresa, I see you've met Rhadiel." "Yes sir" she replied blushing. Rhadiel noticed this.I think she LIKES me.....
The Guildmaster spoke to Rhadiel " Lad, if you don't know her name already, this is Theresa, she will be your training partner from now on." To this. Theresa blushed and ran out of the room. "She'll be back....." the Guildmaster said.
"Come now lad, I need to see what your made of." Rhadiel followed the Guildmaster over the river and to what seemed to be a ring, and in the center, a dummy. "Enter the ring lad, and hit that dummy as hard as you can" he told him.Rhadiel entered the ring. Theresa was watching from the sidelines. He hit the dummy w/ his fist, it mad a decent impact for just punching, he hit it seven times or so and the Guildmaster told him to stop."Hmmmm not making the best impact there, are you? Here, take this" The Guildmaster tossed him a stick. "This will do lad, its thick, hard, and strong, so it will be perfect." Rhadiel heard Theresa giggle at her own dirty thoughts.
Rhadiel hit the dummy w/ the stick another 7 times. " Thats enough boy, now tomorrow we'll....*RING RING RING* " Thats the Guild alarm, there must be something lose in the woods. Rhadiel, Theresa, I need you to go and take care of whatever is in there" Rhadiel and Theresa looked at each other then, they both ran w/ there weapons out towards the guild woods.As they entered the woods, Theresa looked up on the hill.There, at the top, were over a dozen beetles. She motioned Rhadiel to follow. They ran up, Theresa hacked at one of the beetles, and it dropped dead. Rhadiel did the same, and in matter of minuets, the beetles were all dead. Then the Guildmaster called them out.
The Guildmaster waited out by the guild woods entrance " That was very good you two. You deserve some pocket money for that." The master handed them each 20 gold peices. They put them in their pockets thoughtfully. "Now...I think you two are ready to prepare for you second stage of training. I hope your ready."
Rhadiel and Theresa worked hard for the years ahead. Their days were full with grueling exercises. The nights with study in the library. They became stronger, and more agile with every passing year. Then finally they were ready to become Guild Apprentices, just as Gloria has foreseen.

B

blu phoenix

Very nice! I also like that you have incorporated dialogue from the game! Great job and + rep! I'll have to give you rep later...it seems I've given out too much. :p

R

Rhadiel

thx blu......id give u a cookie....but...i dun have any right now...rep will do tho ^^

R

Rhadiel

next chapter should be up next week...or this week...well....here it Sunday...it SHOULD be up.....Tuesday or Wednesday

R

Rhadiel

FATE

Chapter 7 : Apprentice Training

Rhadiel and Theresa worked hard for the years ahead. Their days were full with grueling exercises. The nights with study in the library. They became stronger, and more agile with every passing year. Then finally they were ready to become Guild Apprentices, just as Gloria has foreseen.

A young apprentice girl at the Guild of Heroes named Theresa was leaning up against the doorway to one of the bedrooms in the guild. There, changing, was a 18 year old apprentice boy, he has been in the guild for 8 years. Training for apprentice ship, the years before. He became an apprentice last month. Over the years, grew taller, more muscular, and his hair has changed to black, along w/ a more adult look. This boy is Rhadiel Ragula next to him, his dog Buddy. Rhadiel got fully dressed and walked over to Theresa, " You ready?" she asked. "More than ever" he replied. They raced each other down the stairs, over the bridge and to the melee ring.
Today was the start of their official training as apprentices. As they reached the ring, they leaned on their knees to catch their breath. Standing on the outside edge of the ring, was the Guild Master. "I hope your ready you two, get into the ring, both of you." he commanded. "You two will be sparing together today. and years to come. You will be training w/ real weapons now. So be careful not to kill each other." he told them. Rhadiel grabbed a longsword from the stock of weapons, and Theresa chose a battle staff. "Get ready" she told him. Rhadiel nodded. The Guild Master raised a hand. "Begin!"
Theresa launched herself at Rhadiel, doing a jabbing motion with her staff. Rhadiel broke left, but barley "She's improved" he thought to himself. He timed his strike and swung hard at her thigh. She dodged it, Theresa then struck Rhadiel hard in the shoulder. Rhadiel felt a hot pain go through his arm. He then lunged at Theresa, and in midair, he spun and caught her in her left ankle. She stumbled a bit as blood trickled down to her foot. She then, forgetting her pain, jumped and did a flip in the air, and landed behind Rhadiel. He noticed, and flipped his sword behind his back and blocked. "Impressive" the Guild Master said. Theresa then, using her staff as a pole vault, launched at Rhadiel with her feet. They then both collided in the air and landed on each other. Theresa on top, Rhadiel on bottom. They stared at each other and blushed. Theresa then got off him, and looked away. Rhadiel got up, and looked towards the Guild Master.
"Hmmm very good" he said " very good indeed" Theresa looked at Rhadiel and blushed. Rhadiel had noticed Theresa had liked him the moment they met. He like her a lot too, but never told her yet."Now, you did well. Time to move on the your archery training. Rhadiel and Theresa followed him to the Archery Range. The Guild Master turned to them and said " Each of you take a bow, Theresa, you go first, Rhadiel wait." They bot nodded and grabbed bow and quiver off the rack. Theresa, drew an arrow, and slowly pulled back the string. Rhadiel could see her concentration in her face. Then she let the arrow go.
The arrow flew across the range and hit a dummy almost in the center. She repeated this over and over. Rhadiel noticed she stays very calm. Once her turn was done, she got 100 pts in one minuet. "Your turn" she said to Rhadiel in a flirty voice. Rhadiel walked up and drew a arrow from his quiver "here goes something" he pulled the quiver back and waited to focus on the target. He let go. The arrow flew across the range, just as Theresa did, but Rhadiel's arrow, hit dead center. This happened repeatedly, some he got dead center, and other close. Theresa watched him as he shot arrow after arrow. At the end of his turn, he got 120 pts in a minuet. "Very good lad, keep it up" the Guild Master told him. He walked up to Theresa "How was that?" he asked "Fine, you beat me." she said but the doesn't mean you'll beat me in will" she bragged. "We'll see about that" Rhadiel warned her.
They approached the will center. "Here you will learn about the ways of the will, you will learn the most basic will ability ; lightning." Rhadiel and Theresa looked at each other, then looked back to the Guild Master. "Rhadiel, I have a question, do you feel....light headed?" he asked. "Ummmm.....a little...why?" He replied. "Rhadiel, I need you to focus on your problem, your...light headedness. Focus on that, then wave your hand at the dummy.Go ahead, try it." Rhadiel did as he was told, focused on his light headedness, then waved his hand at the dummy. Then, out of a nowhere, a bolt of lightning struck the dummy. "Good, good" the Guild Master siad. "now, try it again, see how many targets you can hit in 20 seconds." Rhadiel did just that. Cast after cast. The end of his turn, he got 21 targets hit in 20 seconds. The Guild Master congratulated him. "Theresa, your turn. Theresa did as she was told, she hit just as many as Rhadiel had. "Hmmmmm yes yes, very good." the Guild Master said.
"You two have done well, and have learned the three hero disciplines. Mastering the heros skills takes time. I hope your ready"
Over the next year, Rhadiel and Theresa worked hard to master the heros skills. The grew stronger and wiser with every time they trained......

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Rep for you :ninja: