• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fate

R

Rhadiel

Re: Fate

Sorry it took so long, I just got this up, I've been so busy with everything, I almost forgot I had a fan fic lol. So, heres chapter 13 for ya.;)

Fate

Chapter 13 : The Miners Gold

Rhadiel and his faithful dog Buddy, strolled down the old dirt path, making their way to the Great Wood entrance, hoping to complete their second quest, their objective: To recover a large amount of lost gold and objects, inside the Hobbe Cave for an old miner. As they walked through the woods that morning, they could hear the chirping of the birds, and the peacefulness of nature.

The duo continued the stroll through the woods, their feet cracking twigs and crunching leaves as their feet hit the dry earth.
Buddy trotted along side his master, and then noticed something up ahead. Buddy immediately ran up to it. Rhadiel wondered what could be wrong, and followed his friend. As they drew closer, he realized it was a dead body, lying there in the middle of the forest road. He looked closer, and noticed that blood on the mans dead body was fresh; he was killed no more than an hour ago. Rhadiel quickly drew his sword, not taking any chances, as the thing that killed the man could still be near by. They walked on, careful not to be caught in any traps that could have been set.

They seemed to have gotten away from the thick of the woods fine, though they narrowly escaped the dozen bandits that walked on by. They then reached Greatwood Lake, and up ahead, they saw a trader being attacked by a couple of bandits. Rhadiel quickly sprinted up to them, and lunged at the traders’ attacker. Buddy leaped onto the other bandit, and bit at his neck savagely. Before they knew it, both attackers were dead. and Rhadiel looted their dead corpses, finding only a few gold pieces, and a rusty old ring. Rhadiel turned to the trader “Are you alright?” he asked the trader. The trader replied with a quick “yes” and he said his thanks and they went separate ways.

They then approached Greatwood Center, formerly known as Great Wood Gorge. There, they sold weapons and several armors and supplies. Rhadiel stocked up on potions and food, and they then quickly ran off to the Greatwood Cullis Gate area….Rhadiel and Buddy walked through the area, it had been inhabited, mostly by trader with tents, and guards for protection.

They passed through the area quickly, and made there way to the Hobbe Cave…
As soon as the two walked into the opening, they noticed an old man sitting on a small, rigged bench in front of the caves. The man spotted Rhadiel and slowly limps over to him. “Help me” he begged, “My gold is not the only thing lost in that cave now my daughter is in there too!” Rhadiel then drew his steel long sword, and walked towards the cave entrance. “Please save her Hero, she’s all I got left….” he heard the man plead. Rhadiel turned around and gave the miner a confident nod, then called Buddy to his side. Their quest is about to begin...

The Hobbe Cave was dark, and moist, as Rhadiel and Buddy slowly walked deeper into the lair. They heard the muttering of Hobbes on the other sides of different doors. They walked on, and were spotted by a Hobbe mage, and it called several others to help it out. They all ran at full speed towards Rhadiel and Buddy, and battle commenced. He jabbed his sword through an oncoming but stupid Hobbe, and it instantly dropped dead. Buddy lunged at some other Hobbes and bit and scratched vigorously at the heads of the Hobbes. Minuets later, their attackers were dead.

They both wandered further into the cave, now much more cautious of their inhuman foes. Rhadiel pressed on, his sword drenched in the blood of his now dead enemies. They entered every side room they found, slaying all Hobbes in their path, but they found no gold. They eventually, reached, the focus chamber, were they greeted by what seemed to be a very tiny young lady, with a bluish glow and small wings on her back.
“Ah, there you are, that old miner said a hero would come, and here you are.” The tiny being said.

Rhadiel glanced around the room, and saw a pretty, young lady, trapped in some kind of magical dome prison. “Were we set up?” Rhadiel thought to himself.
The tiny lady continued. While Rhadiel was in thought. “Now, hero, the sacrifice must proceed.” Rhadiel look to the lady who was trapped, but she looked at him, smirked, and vanished in a wisp of smoke. “Damn!” Rhadiel yelled aloud. But, before he could react, Buddy and him were trapped themselves...”*******s...” Rhadiel muttered...

Skormsarrow

ShOoT tHaT pOsIoN aRrOw
Reaction score

Ive been browing the fan fiction page upon page not logged in for a while now and not commenting on some of the finest work, but this is the first one that actually made me log in and comment. the descprtion are very well done as well as your grammer. You've stuck to orginal fable location and slighty changed names etc to make it look like the areas around albion have started to grow, a few spelling errors nothing that cant be fixed besides that abousltly perfect. This story weather or not yu decide to carry on writting I believe needs to be brought back to the front pages of the fourms so new members to the site and old ones that havn't read it have a chance to, really well written + rep

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

Good Gawd!!!! Bumparama!!!! Stop Bumping Old Posts!!!!!

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

Then you will get banned:
Continually reviving old topics (bumping) is not allowed

^U Digg?!?!?!
ReAd ThE RuLeS!!!!!!!!!

Skormsarrow

ShOoT tHaT pOsIoN aRrOw
Reaction score

Continually reviving old topics (bumping) is not allowed

Main word Continually first topic I've commented on so not likely and your replaying on it as many times as I have so your just as deep in it

R

Rhadiel

Fate : Chapter 14
Do it For Me Now

Rhadiel sheathed his sword and walked around the Focus Chamber, looking for some way to get out. Nothing...He turned around and went over to the girl in the barrier. He touch the barrier with his hand. "Ouch!", a small shock was delivered when he touched it. He drew his sword again and tapped the field...it was making a buzzing noise and lighting was moving through his blade when he tapped it. He struck it as hard as he could and was thrown back into the shallow water. "Damn...that hurt..." Buddy walked over the barrier, licked it, and backed up quickly with a yelp. Rhadiel stared at the barrier, thinking of a way to do this...
He sat for some time, when all of a sudden, the tiny woman came back. "Soooo, you still haven't found out what to do eh?" it said freakishly. "Well, guess I have to do this myself then." Rhadiel leaped up as the lady waved her hands and it disappeared...along with the daughter! "Aw come on, could this get any worse?" Rhadiel cursed. Just as he said that, a hidden door opened in the wall, and a large ball of dirt and grass stumbled out. "What the?..." That large ball was an Earth Troll. As soon as the Troll noticed Radiel, a second one rolled down..."You have GOT to be kidding me!"He yelled. "Buddy!, lets go!". the Trolls ran at the two, Rhadiel slid under one of the Trolls and ran for the door they came out of, Buddy the same. The Trolls were throwing rocks at them as the stared down into a darkhole. In the floor...
"Im gunna hate myself for this..." Rhadiel grabbed Buddy and jumped into the darkness. A boulder thrown by a Troll sealed the top. He was falling fast, holding onto Buddy as they ascended into the dark. Rhadiel finally hit what felt like deep water. He looked around and saw nothing...Buddy was paddling alongside him. They swam in one direction and soon hit rock floor. They were enveloped in dark abyss as they walked around. Suddenly, a blue light shone from the darkness farther down the cave. They sprinted towards it. The light was the small lady, along with the girl. "So you've made it I see" it said "The sacrifice must proceed". He reached to draw his blade...only to find he didn't have it. Must've fell in the water...Instead, he reached for his Pistol, which didn't work...wet gunpowder. "Aw what the hell" he said. The lady laughed "Hehehe well then I suppose you'll be forced to watch then." The Lady raised her hands and a bright light filled the dark room. All around them was huge veins of gold. Also a couple piles of it, the miners gold...
As the lady wove her hands, Buddy ran and jumped on the lady, biting her neck and swinging her like a rag doll. It was dead, and blood was covering Buddy's mouth. It was still too late! The girls barrier subsided but her skin was engulfed in fungus and growth! Rhadiel looked around quickly and found a old flintlock on the ground. He picked it up and aimed at the girl. "Do it for me now" she said. "Nooooo!" a yell came from a stone stair case farther ahead. "Don't do it! Don't shoot my daughter!" It was the miner! "What the hell is he doing here?" Rhadiel thought. All of a sudden, a large monster came from the darkness and crushed the miner. It was an armored Earth Troll! Rhadiel looked at the girl "Thank you" she said, as he pulled his trigger and put a bullet between the girls eyes.
Buddy backed up as the Troll glared at them. Rhadiel ran and crawled on the floor looking for a weapon amongst the treasure. He found a nice looking sword. Black blade, gold trim and ruby tipped gold hilt. He picked it up and ran at the Troll. The beast swung at him and Rhadiel slashed at its arm. Fire burned from the blade and engited the arm for a second. "Cool" Rhadiel smirked. He leaped onto the Trolls back and struggled to stay steady, and then raised his new sword and stabbed the troll through the skull, bursting into flames.
Its roar caused the cave to shake, and Rhadiel heard splashes of rock hitting the water. "RUN!" He yelled. He and Buddy fled up the stair case as it fell behind them. It led them up into a secret entrance to the Focus Chamber. Tons of Hobbes were waiting for them there and they ran right past them. Tons of rock was falling from the ceiling as the mine caved in behind them all. Hobbes were being killed by falling debris. They could see the light at the end of the tunnel, literally that is. They sprinted towards the exit and leaped through, Buddy made it past the rock but Rhadiel was caught in the last of the falling rocks.
Buddy turned around a whimpered...the dog sat there for a long time, waiting for some sign of his master. Suddenly some rocks moved, and a blaze of fire streaked out of the cave and Rhadiel burst through the debris, coughing. Buddy ran up to him and licked his face. The hero laughed, but, then again almost threw up because Buddy still had the lady's blood on his mouth..."Good boy!" He said :D. Buddy looked happy and so did the Hero as they limped back to the guild, not only with a failed quest, but a new sword, and new story.