• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Middle School...

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Re: Middle School...

Hexadecimal;129782 said:
Ph.D. just means I'm going for my Doctorate, so I'll be a Doctor, but not a Medical Doctor, they're M.D.'s ^_^
Yeah, I know what it means. Just felt good hearing it in real life.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

That's actually pretty damn impressive. What're you getting it in?

Oh, and I hereby christen you "Doctor Hex," way ahead of schedule. Yeah, I feel like saying "christen" today for some reason.

I think I'll also call you "Witch Doctor." Because, well, you know, hex=spell, spell=witch? Fine! Don't laugh at my pun! Damn witch (Dr.)

H

Hexadecimal

Walker;129791 said:

Anthropology ^_^
I'm working on my second degree in the field and still loving it so I'll likely stick with that, though I'm also concurrently working on a degree in Social and Political Thought, so I can never be 100% sure :cool:

D

darkruler500

Man sounds interesting. I'm just now in my sophnmore year of high school.

(cause I failed a grade the year after they cancelled summer school. But I'm still decently smart. I have a 134 IQ at least)

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Um... actually, that's pretty cool, too. Anthropology isn't really something I'm all that interested, but I've always liked history, and they're pretty closely related.

Social and Political thought, on the other hand [shudder] sounds frightening. Just the word "social" and the word "politics" scare me. I mean, really, who wants to get sociable with a bunch of bloodsucking parasites? [snicker.] (Yay for puns!)

But yeah, it's very far from what I'm really interested in. I want to be an engineer (specifically a naval architect, designing boats or ships); or barring that something involving writing (I.E. I'm a wannabe novelist). Neither of which really lend themselves to Ph.D's. Not really degree-intensive fields.

H

Hexadecimal

Walker;129858 said:
Um... actually, that's pretty cool, too. Anthropology isn't really something I'm all that interested, but I've always liked history, and they're pretty closely related.

ummm... not they're not... Anthropology is the study of Humans... not History... =]

D

darkruler500

Well actually Anthropology has a lot to do with world history.
Since most of human existance supposedly takes place in ancient times.

H

Hexadecimal

darkruler500;129878 said:
Well actually Anthropology has a lot to do with world history.
Since most of human existance supposedly takes place in ancient times.

*sigh* no... the study of World History is History... Anthropology is not the study of World History, and a large percentage of Anthropological focus isn't even in the past at all, it's in the present...
saying they're related is like saying studying Music is like studying History, since most of the great composers produced their works in the past... but Historians are not Musicians, nor are they Anthropologists
the two are not the same, sorry... nor are they any more related than anything else =]

D

darkruler500

I see what your saying! ty for the clear up.

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

I still got easy work for the beginning of 8th grade just to do 14 problems and a chart and thats it for today.

D

DrZoid

School was such a waste of time for me.
I literally spent the whole time I was at school.. not going to school.

Thankfully scraped some GCSE's though so starting college next week.
And actually looking forward to it as well.

good luck to all you middle-school/high-school/whatever-is-your-going-to.. people.

: )

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

thanks drZoid, sorta lol i'm gonna bring my laptop to school tomorrow

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

My daughter is starting second grade today.

She's very excited :w00t:

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Jessica is back on Wednesday next week in Year 2 (that's 6-7yr olds). I literally cannot wait...six hours of peace and quiet will reign in our house once more after 6 weeks of noise, nagging and other people's kids...

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;129864 said:
ummm... not they're not... Anthropology is the study of Humans... not History... =]

[shrug] Perhaps. They still seem related. History, politics, anthropology-- all seem connected to various degrees to me. You're the Doc, though, so let's go with the suckup agreement, shall we?

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Walker;129791 said:

Oh, and I hereby christen you "Doctor Hex," way ahead of schedule. Yeah, I feel like saying "christen" today for some reason.

I think I'll also call you "Witch Doctor." Because, well, you know, hex=spell, spell=witch? Fine! Don't laugh at my pun! Damn witch (Dr.)

Doc Hex
And I love History. I might even study History at colege.

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;129675 said:
... people get jumped for making comics? o_O
sounds like redneck central...
rubes... so many ruuuuuuubes... O_O

I livesd in da hooud sistea! you can git your *** killed! :lol:

H

Hexadecimal

Triz;130065 said:
I livesd in da hooud sistea! you can git your *** killed! :lol:

please remember that all posts are to be made in English... not whatever that was... o_O

:lol: