• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Death of Reaver **spoilers!!**

R

Razorback

Re: The Death of Reaver **spoilers!!**

I must admit, even while fighting alongside Reaver during the escape from his mansion, I was hoping I'd eventually get a chance to kill him. I knew it couldn't be done until after we took down Lucien, but still...

But when it became apparent that I wouldn't get that chance, I really didn't mind. Reaver's the ultimate anti-hero, a guy on the right side of the battle who's still a total a**hole. It really gives the story some balls. If you could take revenge on him, it would be like they wimped out. Besides, I eventually managed to undo the aging curse by donating to the temple. And he did kill Barnum - but then he killed his other artists as well, and I thought that was funny. So do I have the right to get angry just because he killed one that I knew?

As for him killing Lucien - that happened to me because I was listening to Lucien monologuing and didn't realise there was a time limit on pulling the trigger. But I didn't mind that either, because it works better that way. Lucien's the classic misguided tyrant doing the wrong things for the right reasons, and it's easy to feel sorry for him despite his numerous crimes. He needed to be killed, but I didn't necessarily want to be the one to do it. Fortunately, Reaver the a**hole was there to take the job off my hands.

I'd like to buy his house and see what it has to offer, but there's a glitch on my game that crashes it every time I try to revisit Bloodstone. Maybe on my next replay...

J

Jamoras

He could have been pushed off the tower with Lucien. I wish that would have been an option.

F

FiendFyre

I seem to be the only person who loves him :|
I think his conceited-ness is hilarious.
Although the first time he made me old and I didn't know how to change it kind of made me mad.
But still, I love him.
I wish he'd come back. I'd love to see him again in Fable 3.

T

Tomhap

doesnt getting the piece of chesty's heart make you young again?...

and while were comparing towns:

by looking alike:
oakvale - oakfield
bowerstone slums - whory old bowerstone
mix btween bowerstone slums/other part of bowerstone - bowerstone market
other part of bowerstone - rich old bowerstone
bandit camp - poor westcliff
knoth glade - barnum like westcliff
hook cost - bloodstone

really cant see why any1 didnt make the poor westcliff - bandit camp connection yet

btw shut up about reaver having destroyed oakvale, i mean, we got oakfield rite now... and personally a field is better then a vale

Evil Scarecrow

Da Evilist MaPhucca
Reaction score

^^
1. Oakvale = Wraith Marsh
2. Bowerstone Slums = Bowestone market docks
3. Bowerstone = Bowerstone market
4. North Bowerstone = Fairfax Gardens
5. Bandit Camp = Bloodstone
6. Knotholde Glade - Knothole Island ( Me Thinks )
7. Hook Coast = Not In Game.

Oakvale IS destroyed, but theres also the see the future DLC which has a new oakvale there.. so... lol

EDIT: now i see u men't by " Look A Like " sorry bout that lol

Cain

Reaction score

I have read in this thread that westcliffe is witchwood. Witchwood is on a island over the deep blue sea sea sea and westcliffe is in albion. How the hell is westcliffe witchwood?

Ok now thats out of the way I say I like reaver. Hes witty, funny, has uber-pistol skills, and is the best anti-hero I have ever seen. He knows hes a hero but kills people and does evil anyway, which is better than those woe-is-me brutal saddo anti-heroes.

G

Gwynedde

Actually Bloodstone is based off Twinblade's camp, but what the record recall from. However I actually do like Reaver in a somewhat way, he is fun to play with in fan fic if you know what I mean.

T

The Guardian Angle

I for one love the humour of fighting along side with Reaver i don't really care about sexuality. I personally RoFl'd when he shot barnum and as for Oakvale, what was so good about it in the first place, sure HoO grew up there but you only spend 5 minutes as a kid there (give or take a few minutes for newbies) and if you loved it for the happiness side of things its replaced with an even better place "Oakfeild" where you can frollock to your hearts desire in the great wheat feilds. All there was in Oakvale was an awfully red bridge a few trees and a couple dozen villagers, I bet you've killed more people than there were people in the village.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

The Guardian Angle;333344 said:
I for one love the humour of fighting along side with Reaver i don't really care about sexuality. I personally RoFl'd when he shot barnum and as for Oakvale, what was so good about it in the first place, sure HoO grew up there but you only spend 5 minutes as a kid there (give or take a few minutes for newbies) and if you loved it for the happiness side of things its replaced with an even better place "Oakfeild" where you can frollock to your hearts desire in the great wheat feilds. All there was in Oakvale was an awfully red bridge a few trees and a couple dozen villagers, I bet you've killed more people than there were people in the village.
Sounds like you've got a grudge against Oakvale?
I liked Oakvale a lot, mostly because it was a small idyllic village I guess. I'm glad Oakvale was in "See the Future" inside that Snowglobe, too bad there's no people in it once you lift the curse :(
On the other hand I think it's cool Lionhead took something we all know and said:
"Okay, the idyllic village Oakvale? sacreficed for one man's greed and turned into a marsh - The Heroes Guild? Burned to the ground and burried underneath a lake - what about all the heroes? Hunted down and slaughtered"
It's like starting all over again with a much more mature world, and that's what I really like about Fable II and probably what I'm going to love about Fable III :yammer:

T

The Guardian Angle

I didn't mean to sound that way it's just destroying oakvale is making the game really seem "into the future" but they replace it with a place where you can dress up like a hillbilly and frollock in the feild. In alot of ways Oakvale is like "the necropolis" from fable tlc "destroyed by one mans greed" as said by the oracle.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

The Guardian Angle;333350 said:
destroying oakvale is making the game really seem "into the future"
That's excactly my point, after all 500 years has passed so it's great they toy around with different regions we know ^_^

The Chad

Reaction score

This is just an idea but what if the shadow court is infact the court and the three shadow judges are Jack of blades, Queen of blades and the knight of blades

Wicker

Reaction score

The Chad;334672 said:
This is just an idea but what if the shadow court is infact the court and the three shadow judges are Jack of blades, Queen of blades and the knight of blades

Yeah, thats a good idea, but they were like...destroyed lol. And people have established that the centre judge looks and acts like Theresa. I don't know :) xxx

X

Xeon

Wicker;334680 said:
Yeah, thats a good idea, but they were like...destroyed lol. And people have established that the centre judge looks and acts like Theresa. I don't know :) xxx

That could be a "to lazy to make a model" failure on lionheads part

The Chad

Reaction score

And also there's a book in "see the future" called "The Grumpy rabbit" details Jacks possibly planned revival for a future game or somthing.

FableFan4

Reaction score

I... though it is fun shooting him and watching him fall to the ground and bleed then when he finally rises i shoot him again.

C

Crunkar

I say reaver can go burn in hell the little pease of ..... (poop)

The Pirate King

Never Cross A Pirate
Reaction score

I like Reaver. He's really, well skilled, a nice pistol, and all the more reason why I would enjoy killing him. Though I would spare him if he begged for his life. Maybe...

rhett_thom

Lion Heart
Reaction score

I felt pity when reading his journals, but he destroyed Oakvale!

Cain

Reaction score

why are you all mourning over the destruction of a fictional village? It never existed and so there is no reason to be sad over it. Idiots....