• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Rescue quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score
Re: The Rescue quest

Maze78;247391 said:
:realmad:I came to this quest this week, but I can't find my husband. He is in farfax castle, but I have searched the hole dam thing.

Did you set the trail for him, in the quest menu?:unsure:

U

urisiti

This quest is the only glitch i've had in the game. my husband lives in bowerstone market, and i can't find him anywhere. i've looked for him up and down, in attics and cellars, through every house, even in the gargoyle trove, but nothing. anyone have an idea for me? i may just kil his ass when i find him.......

M

Maze78

moonfever;247442 said:
Did you set the trail for him, in the quest menu?:unsure:

Yes I did, but there came no trail.

I have found him this weekend, but he did not know of an emergency :(
He followed me to the hobbe cave, but now the hobbes have killed him :blush:

So I do not know if I can complete this quest :realmad:

I

i.likepie123@ho

Chrissss126;241891 said:
I need some help! I live in Castle Fairfax and i'm married to Lady Grey and it says on the top of the screen "You have a family emergency" it says my daughter is missing, go find your wife. What the problem is, is that whil i am out of fairfax i see the trail but in fairfax I can't find my wife, and people call me child murderer. WTF is up with that? Any help is appreciated
i have the EXSACT PROBLEM!! i was like wtf and got really annoyed iv searched the whole game, nothing. it says shes in the the castle and teleports me to the throne room and nothing, no line shes not in the room any of them the gardens nothing :mad::mad:

R

Ridalah

I found that if you do not use the follow expression the kid will follow all the way so if your having problems try that if it does not work for you well then you will have to wait for the patch if there is one. :p

I

Ik y IL IE r

OK so im having problems..Once i click on the quest and set it as my primary quest the game sends me to bowerstone market and then gives me no gold trail until i leave and when i leave the town theres a gold trail leading back to bowerstone..help help:/

B

bramblerose

Ugh! I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem! I was in Bloodstone trying to find some nicer furniture and got the family emergency message, fast traveled back to Old Bowerstone where my home is, couldn't find my husband but a villager gave me the letter from my daughter. Couldn't find hubby anywhere so just went on the quest. Went through the entire Hobbe Cave, no kid, nothing, just killed a bunch of hobbes. Even went off the path to kill hobbes in other rooms. I think I got them all? Anyway, no kid, no cage, nothing. So went back in but nothing there but the damn gargoyle (at least I finally got that!) ran back out. Still had the message to get home to my husband, so went back, finally found him, but no ring over his head anymore and was crossed out on the love-hate gauge. But, get this, still bringing me presents and happy to see my, everything in the stats said he was VERY happy...? So I've been figuring it must be a glitch, period. Not long after, hubby started contradicting himself, expressions he likes at first then says "what were you thinking?" or stuff like that. Still wants sex, in fact have a 2nd daughter now. AND not long after that, the game "kinda" froze. Walking down the street, everything went black, seemed like I dropped through a hole, still heard villagers and music, but my character was suspended over the ocean, rifle and sword crossed under her feet, could move the camera but not my character. Actually looked pretty cool, haha, but wtf? Had to shut console down and reboot, decided to put the game on the hd instead of playing off the disc. Going to try one more time, but have a feeling I need to either forget about this kid (and have villagers keep telling me don't worry she MIGHT still be alive) or start a new character. Sorry for the "book" LOL, but VERY frustrating!

R

Ridalah

you need to talk to your spouse to start the quest.

M

mpg94

ya i maried a girl in the market and my son ran in to a pearolous cave and it wont show me where only trail leads to the front of the market and all my log says is find your wife wich i cant:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Ryu hayabusa

Assassin
Reaction score

Hm im not sure what to tell you. Mayby its the cave out by the gypsy camp in the field where you fought the ogre. If your that far :D

H

Heatsmith

Okay so I most people say that they cant get their kid up a ladder. I cant find my husband in the first place! I went to the family toolbar under quests/maps and clicked to go to my husband. It takes me to the town he is supossedly in yet I cant find him. I also get a notice of a family emergency and that I should check my map which doesnt help because he is not even on it. This is sooooo anoying and I have gotten fed up. How can a company knowingly still be selling glitched games. I just got mine a week ago but I wish I never did cause this sucks!

M

mpg94

ok heres my full problem my kid went to a cave the quest says to find ur wife wich i cant and i searched every cave i know of even the hobb one,twice:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko: can some one help me find my wife so i can start the quest a suposibley have a glitch in a cave:'(

F

freklz8705

I had a similar problem, but I was fighting Spire guards with Reaver and I ran into an area with water to kill some and I practically fell into it! I couldn't move but i could look all around and there were 2 bright areas of light and it kept popping up saying to follow Reaver and omg it was SO annoying, didn't even auto-save, haha. Then, I get the quest after I finish the game that my kid had run off so I go and find him, kill everything, he follows me to the ladder then when I get out of there he is standing there near a wagon or crate or something and moving but not facing me, won't respond to anything and just stands there, and I've reloaded it quite a few times, ugh...

M

mpg94

ya sry but no help i still cant find my wife:wacko::wacko::wacko::unsure::wacko:

M

mpg94

i still cant find my wife and the quest trail only leads to the beginning of the market so...i can use some help please:wacko::wacko:

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

mpg94;264496 said:
i still cant find my wife and the quest trail only leads to the beginning of the market so...i can use some help please:wacko::wacko:
Sounds as if you have a Glitch.:unsure: Sorry, you might never find her.:(

M

mpg94

wow that sucks:(:(:( fable 2 makers are bad at making games

N

nelissarian

The actual solution is: don't ask your kid to follow you. Just let him out of the cage and head back out. The kid will follow you on its own. If you do this, then the kid will follow you up the ladder and your spouse should show up to end the quest. Asking your kid to follow you violates the no kid killing patch.

T

tjswiz

Well I've been trying follow along this thread and sort this out.

The first time I came up the ladder no kid - figured that one out, I didn't fast travel to the cave the second time, and I didnt ask the kid to follow (he didnt automatically follow when I fast travelled.)

Second time, kid, but just stood there unresponsive in the corner of the shack.

Third time I went through the cave and killed all the baddies. Kid again was unresponsive, but this time my wife was there....one problem, wrong wife. (it was alex, who was not the mother of this child

Now I just don't know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.