• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Rescue quest

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tjswiz

Re: The Rescue quest

I did it one more time, same Alex result. Now I'm totally stuck in Rookridge, if I try to leave, it reloads at my location in the shed at the entrance to the cave. Is this really the sad end to my entire Fable 2 experience?

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

tjswiz;268350 said:
I did it one more time, same Alex result. Now I'm totally stuck in Rookridge, if I try to leave, it reloads at my location in the shed at the entrance to the cave. Is this really the sad end to my entire Fable 2 experience?
Try downloading the game to your Hard drive. Mine works much better that way.:unsure:

M

mezzerman94

my brother is having a problem too it tells him to find his wife but she is no where to be found after reading the comments on here i told him to go to hobbe cave when he does his daughter is no where to be found and the golden trail keeps leading him back to bowerstone market but his wife is not there where is she?

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

mezzerman94;268467 said:
my brother is having a problem too it tells him to find his wife but she is no where to be found after reading the comments on here i told him to go to hobbe cave when he does his daughter is no where to be found and the golden trail keeps leading him back to bowerstone market but his wife is not there where is she?
Another missing wife. :( I wish I could help u, maybe she would show up to demand a divorce, if you cut her money? :unsure:

T

tjswiz

Installed it to the hard drive, did the xbox live update, and did the quest again. The kid is still in his semi-frozen state (stands there, can't interact or kill him, but you can move him around by walking into him), the quest is still at the escape the cave point, and Alex is still showing up despite the fact that its not her kid.

If anyone has any other ideas please let me know, I don't know if I have it in me to start playing Fable 2 all over again.

Would perhaps killing the child in the cave (if that is possible), or downloading the island add on possibly help?

T

tjswiz

Would perhaps killing the child in the cave (if that is possible), or downloading the island add on possibly help?

(Sorry about the double post, should have edited. When I realized what I didI tried to edit the first and delete this one)

I

Iris8

Ok so my doughter ran away blah blah blah. I found my wife but it doesn't let me interact with her with anything to do with thebqest and I whent to the hobble cave I see of I could just find my doughter but the glow trail just leads me back to my wife. I'm very frustraighted:realmad: any suggjestions?

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Iris8;269189 said:
Ok so my doughter ran away blah blah blah. I found my wife but it doesn't let me interact with her with anything to do with thebqest and I whent to the hobble cave I see of I could just find my doughter but the glow trail just leads me back to my wife. I'm very frustraighted:realmad: any suggjestions?
I have no idea, how to fix that. It sounds like a glitch.:unsure:

S

shadowfiend669

Ok, so I have a completely different problem on my hands. The quest is telling me that my child has entered a perilous cave, but it doesn't specify which cave. Furthermore, when I visit Bloodstone I come to find my daughter prancing about the streets with her mother. BUT, she used the have black hair, but my child's hair is blond. Yet even stranger still, there are no golden trails anywhere. Also, when prompted to travel to the quest from the menu screen nothing happens. Is this just a terrible string of gltiches? Honestly.. wts

T

trixxwolf

Worked completely fine for me, kid followed me, done everything. yet at this time. i had over like 6 wives i think. so when i ended up doing it, 3 wives showed up after i saved my daughter. idk what happened. i decided to re-load the game. then it was just my wife.(who is a beggar from bloodstone ^.^ she lives in fairfax now :D) but yeah. idk what the problem was on mine. everything is fine now. wife still loves me. gives me pressies. daughter still annoying as always. "Hey daddy, did you kill any monsters this time!?"

K

keisenpai

My boyfriend and I were working on this today and after several varied attempts, it appears you must NOT make your child follow you. They will follow you of their own accord and make it up the ladder where your spouse if waiting to repremand the child and you get your renown points.

M

mpg94

ya i still have the problem where my wife and kid cant be found. i searched hobb cave and searched bowerstone,market and old town and still no wife and kid i searched every town but now im really ****ed off at thiss stupid glitch:ninja:

D

Doddsy

Yea i have the same problem :'( i cannot find my wife anywhere and I have searched the whole Hobbe cave and my child is not in there :unsure: where, i have fast travelled to the Hobbe cave and went all the way through up to the ladder (where i realised i had gone too far) and went all the way back...

J

JessicaSuperstr

my quest appered after i assinated my hubby and my 2 children were taken off me but its still telling me i have the rescue to do??? help??

G

gamergurl87

if you dont want to kill your husband/wife to get the quest to go away, just sleep for 7 days or so, and when you wake up something will pop up that you lost your child to the hobbs, blah blah blah.
i had the same problem. my daughter would climb the latter but she would just stay in the shed and would not move or say anything. i have tried the quest like 15-20 times and would keep getting the same result everytime. so i just gave up on it and lost my daughter to the hobbs. got called a bad parent for doing so.. but o'well.

G

gamergurl87

JessicaSuperstr;277179 said:
my quest appered after i assinated my hubby and my 2 children were taken off me but its still telling me i have the rescue to do??? help??

do you have any other husbands? if so the quest might be for the other husband.

D

darkskxcher

Sacrifice him at the temple of shadows^^

M

mcosslett

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
MY glitch is when i climb the ladder nothing happens and somtimes my wife isnt there
Do u have to get ure wife to follow yuo through the cave ????
I might just kill my wife

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

mcosslett;281029 said:
GRRRRRRRRRRRR
MY glitch is when i climb the ladder nothing happens and somtimes my wife isnt there
Do u have to get ure wife to follow yuo through the cave ????
I might just kill my wife
No, your wife stays outside. :)

B

Barney Rubble

I finally managed to do this at the 8th time of asking today .

1. Travel to the Hobbe Cave
2. Kill alll the Hobbe's going up to the cage.
3. Proceed towards the ladder.
4. As you get to the final path, look slightly down from the path. There is a hobbe stood in an alcove. Kill him and this should allow you to complete the quest.

Every time I have tried this quest I have missed this hobbe and my daughter just stands in the barn like a zombie. I walked the final path really slowly this time and saw the hobbe. Killes hi and my wife was there when I climbed the ladder.

Hope this helps .....

Status
Not open for further replies.