• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Rescue quest

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robbie

Re: The Rescue quest

guys after having the problem where the child does go up the ladder but stays in the barn I think I have a solution.

If you are lucky enough to get the note off your wife in the first place she may for some reason have the follow sign on her head, get rid of this as she is not supposed to be in the hobbe cave in the first place, (she should be outside, this is a glitch). I have two wives and to get the note off her I selected the correct wife and followed the yellow trial (she lives in bowerstone market), she gives u a note saying that the son is in trouble. After that if ur wife has a follow sign dismiss her through the social sign. through quests travel to the rescue(hobbe cave) kill all the hobbes, to make sure i went around the whole cave twice, make sure the kid has no follow sign either, he should follow whever u go. once u ready make sure he is near the ladder to rookridge and he should appear with u when u go up pressing A., then the wife should be outside waiting, goes to a sort of cut scene and you get the reward for it. i hope this helps as my real wife at home has the ****s with me for staying up ater 1 am for the last 3 nights.. I hope this helps and shame on Lionheart the game makers not testing thouroughly.. good nite...

O

O Toku Jin

Iris8;269189 said:
Ok so my doughter ran away blah blah blah. I found my wife but it doesn't let me interact with her with anything to do with thebqest and I whent to the hobble cave I see of I could just find my doughter but the glow trail just leads me back to my wife. I'm very frustraighted:realmad: any suggjestions?

i have a suggestion ... spell check have you tried that out yet? its dAughter and its hobbe minus the l

ok now that, that is out of my system, i have the same problem i had the family behind the demon door in oakfeild, the kid says to me i want to move , i just bought fairfax so i was like ok cool lets move we moved on up like the jeffersons aint no beans on the grill here , when i got to fairfax my wife was following me , ( i used the follow expression on the kid and my wife in the homestead to get them to come with me) , but no kid only wife, we get there i make it my home for the family, and then all a sudden wife is like yo jr ran away and said you suck, i said oh shi and was off but i forgot to take off the follow icon , now shes following me all around in the hobbe cave and the ring has a red x on it in the menu with the left trigger, so ok i do the mission kill everything in the cave kid follows gets out and stands in the shed like hes just been touched in a no no place, back facing me and wont listen or make and comments, nothing, i crapped myself in front of him gave him a present ect... nothing, tried again , wife got killed thought cool this will solve it and i didnt ever have to get evil points, WRONG! the kid followed me out the cave and sat in the damn shed again like he was just with father McMolest, this is my third time trying it out and i swear if it dont work i am killing the damn wife to hell with the evil points and letting the kids soul get eaten

O

O Toku Jin

robbie;283799 said:
guys after having the problem where the child does go up the ladder but stays in the barn I think I have a solution.

If you are lucky enough to get the note off your wife in the first place she may for some reason have the follow sign on her head, get rid of this as she is not supposed to be in the hobbe cave in the first place, (she should be outside, this is a glitch). I have two wives and to get the note off her I selected the correct wife and followed the yellow trial (she lives in bowerstone market), she gives u a note saying that the son is in trouble. After that if ur wife has a follow sign dismiss her through the social sign. through quests travel to the rescue(hobbe cave) kill all the hobbes, to make sure i went around the whole cave twice, make sure the kid has no follow sign either, he should follow whever u go. once u ready make sure he is near the ladder to rookridge and he should appear with u when u go up pressing A., then the wife should be outside waiting, goes to a sort of cut scene and you get the reward for it. i hope this helps as my real wife at home has the ****s with me for staying up ater 1 am for the last 3 nights.. I hope this helps and shame on Lionheart the game makers not testing thouroughly.. good nite...

tried to dismiss her didnt work

edit : dissmissed her she left then when i left the cave she bitched about the house and how she couldnt stand it and if i didnt change it she was leaving

edit 2 : some of the hobbes are commiting suicide and jumping off the final pathway dont knwo if this counts as a kill

edit 3 : it worked it finally friggin worked FFS i got that little brat out of the cave!!!!!!!!!!!!

F

fable2expert

ok well that is soo wierd they don't follow you guys up the stairs but she followed me but now i am in rookridge and she just stands in that corner staring at the wall and it has no instructions now i dunno what to do now... help if you can please!

F

fable2expert

hehe i am suuuper rich in that game i have 2 wives 1 lives in farefax castle and the other lives at the maynor in bloodstone and i got 3m atm cuz i give em bouth 200k allowence so yeah im doing pretty good in the game just that i can't finish the quest!! :S

L

LCH Evilking347

Mine is really different. Mine starts off telling me to find my wife. I can't find her anywhere!!!!! We live in Fairfax castle and ive searched it 24 times. I make the game give me to the glowing trail to her but every time I enter Fairfax gardens it dissapears. I thought it was because I got Lady grey as my wife but, I can't find her!!! someone help me!!!!

C

CharleyR

Can someone tell me plz where to find the misses. I cant find my wife anywhere and once i go into Fairfax the golden trail disappears. It is sooo annoying and all i want to do is help my family. I got so frustrated i went and married again to Lady Grey (much prettier) lol. +rep

S

Samharry92

Well i got the quest a while a go and i went to fairfax gardens and i found my wife but.... the quest still says find my wife ( i named my wife so i know which 1 it is) ne 1 able to help me?

H

HomgCharlie

carriefrazier;229258 said:
Yeah reloaded a few times as well...I swear I am about to taking my sobbing husband to the temple of shadows and sacrifice him so this quest will just disappear because it's driving me NUTS!
doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

N

Nemo

My bf is playing the game and he has got the quest of 'the rescue' and he cant find his wife and the trail just keeps leading him back to the castle. he has looked high and low for his wife but nothing.

can anyone help?

X

Xeon

I did the quest yesterday but my son wouldn't even move at all, I left the gave and went back to my wife, she didn't say anything and start to act like nothinng happened, I left bloodstone for a while and when I came back she divorced me :S

P

Pyrixs

I can't find my wife...I married Libby the traveler and now iI can't find her in the castle and in the gardens what do I do?

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

IF YOUR CHILD DOESN'T LEAVE THE CAVE
- Don't use the follow expression. Just Leave the cave.
IF YOU CAN'T FIND YOUR WIFE
- Check Bloodstone. Many wayward wives end up their.
IF YOU'RE CHILD IS LOOKING AT THE CORNER IN THE OLD COACH STATION IN ROOKRIDGE
- Try using expressions on your child. If that doesn't work, try moving you wife to a new town. Usually your wife will be outside the cave to pick up the child. If she's not there, your child will be "broken".
:ninja:

Johner210

Reaction score

I wanted to let everyone know that I was having a hard time with this quest too. Not sure if anyone else is still having problems, but let me tell you how i finally completed this annoying quest. First i had a baby girl aside from my son who was the one missing, I figured maybe the wife wouldn't leave the baby alone so i let her grow up. Next i tried entering the cave a different way. Instead of fast traveling to the Hobbes cave i traveled to the temple of shadows and went in through the barn/coach house entrance. Then i killed the hobbes on the way to my kid and when i had him, fought back the way i came. See, killing all the hobbes has nothing to do with it. For any one who had problems maybe you also had a baby and that was why your wife didn't leave(although honestly i doubt that was the problem). Try entering the cave the way i did from the barn and then exiting the same way. I hope this helps someone. By the way my wife was Lady Gray and my family was living in Fairfax Gardens. As for the people who couldn't find their wife in the first place, sadly i don't know what to tell you as i have never encountered that problem in my three playthroughs. Also i noticed alot of people said they tried again and again like 8 times or so. People in both a game and life, if something isn't working out don't keep trying the same thing. Try solving the problem a slightly different way each time and usually you'll eventually find the solution. And if not then ask on a forum for help.(although you've all already done that step)

R

Rabid

For anyone who cannot get their child out of the cave i may have your solution.

I just spent 2 hrs walking round the cave with my kid following me and each and every time he would NOT exit the ladders with me.

So what i did was reset the quest and this time i did NOT fast track to the cave, instead i walked there, i followed the gold trail and entered the cave.

I killed all the hobbes on the way there to my son, upon killing the last hobbe near my son the monster dropped the key to the cage and i let my kid out, he started to appologise and said he wanted to go home (i dont remember him saying this before when i had fast tracked to him).

So now i just ran back the way i came following the gold trail and killing hobbes on the way when neccesary and all this time i chose to have my kid NOT on follow, instead he just follows on his own quite closely and quite quickly (again he did NOT do this when i fast tracked to him, he walked slowly before and i had to await for him several times).

We then arrive at the ladder, i just exit and sure enough his mom was there to greet us, my son also came out the cave on his own... quest completed etc.

I registered at this site just to post this reply after i was looking for a solution myself, so this seems like a good place to type what has worked for me...

I hope it helps you.

Enjoy your games.

Rabid.

X

xyzjord

so what if my kid isnt interacting with you and you try to interractwith him to end the quest but the kids stuck in the travling station please help
:)

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Don't bump a thread if you have a question, just make a new one.

C

carrieann

ok so the rescue mission is telling me to find my husband...i click on the quest and it takes me to fairfax gardens and i look everywhere! i can not find my husband....i even looked in the fairfax mansion because i bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.