• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Rescue quest

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

XxXDemonWithinXxX

Re: The Rescue quest

carriefrazier;229254 said:
Ok so after I completed the main thread of the game my daughter ran off into the hobbe cave located I believe in Rookridge. Anyways, I was going through and I had rescued her but when I go up the ladder to escape the cave which is the current task in the quest she does not follow me up the ladder. When I looked at the quest the current task is still to escape the cave. I tried probably 10 times to get that kid to come up the ladder and she won't follow. So, anyone else have this problem?

well im kinda having the same problem,except my daughter came up the ladder.the only problem is that i cant finish the quest.my wife is waiting for me but all she says is things like "we're so lucky to have such a sweet little girl"and if i walk away i cant do anythin else

X

XxXDemonWithinXxX

Johner210;318710 said:
I wanted to let everyone know that I was having a hard time with this quest too. Not sure if anyone else is still having problems, but let me tell you how i finally completed this annoying quest. First i had a baby girl aside from my son who was the one missing, I figured maybe the wife wouldn't leave the baby alone so i let her grow up. Next i tried entering the cave a different way. Instead of fast traveling to the Hobbes cave i traveled to the temple of shadows and went in through the barn/coach house entrance. Then i killed the hobbes on the way to my kid and when i had him, fought back the way i came. See, killing all the hobbes has nothing to do with it. For any one who had problems maybe you also had a baby and that was why your wife didn't leave(although honestly i doubt that was the problem). Try entering the cave the way i did from the barn and then exiting the same way. I hope this helps someone. By the way my wife was Lady Gray and my family was living in Fairfax Gardens. As for the people who couldn't find their wife in the first place, sadly i don't know what to tell you as i have never encountered that problem in my three playthroughs. Also i noticed alot of people said they tried again and again like 8 times or so. People in both a game and life, if something isn't working out don't keep trying the same thing. Try solving the problem a slightly different way each time and usually you'll eventually find the solution. And if not then ask on a forum for help.(although you've all already done that step)

thank u dude:D it worked and now i don't have to leave my child to become a horrible hobbe that i would eventually kill.

B

boyscoutgirl

Okay so I was having the same issue. I checked around a couple of forums and nobody had a fool-proof answer. As far as I can tell this isn't one glitch it is a bunch of glitches with a bunch of factors as to which one you end up with with a handful of people never experiencing a glitch (for example my husband). The most successful solution I've come across is to just kill your spouse which ends the quest and your child is supposedly taken into protective custody. There didn't seem to be any negative feedback on other forums for this option, and I'd tried everything else. However, when I tried this- about ten minutes later (after the quest disappeared from my log) it said that I had failed and that my son was dead. So my overall take on this is to just avoid the mission until you have the time to try it several times. Here are some hints that worked for others, with varying degrees of success. Combining all of them might save you a lot of trouble.

*Walk there, don't "Set trail and travel"
*Do not tell your child to "follow" you, he/she will do so automatically and most people have fewer glitches without using the expression
*Go through the entire cave and kill every hobbe
*Round corners slowly
*constantly check to make sure your kid is with you
*make sure your kid is right next to you when you are at the ladder to leave
***Most importantly save at the beginning of the quest, when you are with your spouse so that if/when it glitches you don't lose anything major***

sorry this is so long but i hope it helps

P

popcorn12

I figured out how to stay out of the blair witch glitch. So I tried to reset after buying fairfax, wife says kid ran off, blah blah, Then the kid stays in the shed corner like the blair witch project. I also couldn't dismiss my wife. This is what you have to do.
1) restart the game & continue as normal.
2) You need to go to the throne room in the castle, this will probably already load up. Your wife will have the "follow symbol above her thick skull". Don't worry & don't bother trying to dismiss.
3)Go to "quests" and select another quest as your primary such as civillian displacement or bounty hunter etc. Go to this location; again, your wife will follow no matter what.
4) Go to the task assignment character. After you have spoken to the person that assigns you to the task and give you a note, accept the note and walk away.
5) At this point you can finally dismiss your wife. Run away! Far away from that gold digger!
6)Go back to the start menu select quest, select "the rescue" and transport to the Hobbe cave location.
7)Continue the mission as it is supposed to be done. get to the ladder, highlight the kid with your left trigger, make sure she is next to you for safe keeping and proceed up the ladder by pressing the "A" button.
Voila! The glitch is over! :D

KyleZ2006

Reaction score

All Right i know im really late to the party but I set her to live in brightwood castle and after the rescue quest she got lost in space along with my kid now after much searching with safety off i found both my kid and lady grey both floating in the sky above the river behind the tower now i have a theory on how to rectify this for those that can break the maps is it possible to get stuck in the air at least so i could try to set her to follow and then auto warp or for those familiar with the physics of fable if i got under the water next to them but still in proximity in general space excluding higher or lower???

Swiff

Reaction score

Hello there. I realize that you are new to the forums, but as a general rule, when a thread has been inactive for more than a couple of weeks, you should typically just make a new thread rather than posting in the old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.