• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

what spells would you like to add to fable??

G

ghafrash

Re: what spells would you like to add to fable??

One word: Animorphs.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

andythegill;84970 said:
PARALYZE, makes anything you aim at flop helplessly to the ground and twitch manically but be technically alive.

How can the flop and twist whilst paralyzed...? :ninja:

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I like the Swarm idea but it would be more like the Skorm version of it where insects swarm and attack someone upgrades would do more damage and attack more people an depending on your alignment it would attack innocents without targeting.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I still think Kamehameha would be epic.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

droded;85239 said:
I still think Kamehameha would be epic.
Is that DBZ?

I'd like to be able to turn into a human ball of fire
Jak-Jak from The Incredibles

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Albion Knight;85382 said:
Is that DBZ?

I'd like to be able to turn into a human ball of fire
Jak-Jak from The Incredibles

Yup.

87008-1.jpg

D

Darg

I've had a sudden stroke of inspiration as you can tell by looking below. Take a look at my new spell ideas and see if any fit your diabolic or noble tastes in wizardry...

BEACON- This flash of light can be thrown from your fingertips to land a fair distance away, blinking like a strobe light to distract enemies.

DEATH ONSLAUGHT- Can anyone say necromancer? For only the purest evil players with maxed out will experience, they can cast this epic spell, summoning an army of the dead to their command. The spell's time is limited and it costs a major amount of will energy, though it is well worth it...

SHADOW SLIP- This spell allows the user to temporarily assume the shape of a shadow, floating under doorways and up walls, even through small nooks and crannies of walls. This spell only works in the dark, as enemies can easily spot the moving shadow in the faintest of light.

WIZARD'S BANE- Only for those pure hardcore mage types, this spell completely saps their strength and agility, while enhancing their will abilities tenfold, giving you the power to have more accurate, deadlier and faster spellfire. This gives off a fluorescent glow from your body and hands, as well as glowing eyes, though this spell drains your will meter entirely.

WALL OF THE EARTH- This spell summons the ground beneath your feet to rise up and create a barrier between you and your enemies, vines crawling out of the wall to ensnare them. This spell works best on many small enemies, as larger ones can easily crush through the barrier.

HELL CRUSADE- With this spell, you automatically have a magic ward against all beasts undead, dark or demonic, and your accuracy and damage against them is greatly increased. If your character is evil though, this spell will have less of an effect than if they are good.

DRILL- A power used solely for accessing areas through walls or obstacles. This spell enables the user to create an energy orb that rotates extremely fast, boring through barriers and essentially allowing them access through houses and other places. After the user enters through the hole made, it slowly pieces back together, giving it the image that no one was there...

WHITEMOON- With this spell, the user can command all balverines in the area to do his bidding, though it only works at night. This spell saps the will meter totally, and the spell will last all night until the first gleaming of day. The balverines will be vicious though, and if your character is leaning more to the side of light or has limited will experience, the balverines may change their minds about being led by you and attack.

WHARFMAN'S WHOOSH- This rather interesting spell does what the name suggests. If you are near water when you cast this spell, a whoosh of will power will descend into the water and behold!- fish will rain from the sky for those of you who are too lazy to actually work for them. However, this spell can anger nearby fishermen, who consider it cheating, so be prepared to be hit over the head by a fishing pole...

F

Fablefan123

good ideas.....

S

Solus

Instant decapitation :shifty:

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Really good, especially this one:

Darg;85395 said:
WHARFMAN'S WHOOSH- This rather interesting spell does what the name suggests. If you are near water when you cast this spell, a whoosh of will power will descend into the water and behold!- fish will rain from the sky for those of you who are too lazy to actually work for them. However, this spell can anger nearby fishermen, who consider it cheating, so be prepared to be hit over the head by a fishing pole...

Except for this one, which is really bad.

Darg;85395 said:
SHADOW SLIP- This spell allows the user to temporarily assume the shape of a shadow, floating under doorways and up walls, even through small nooks and crannies of walls. This spell only works in the dark, as enemies can easily spot the moving shadow in the faintest of light.

I take the opposite view. In the darkness, a shadow is merely more darkness. I think that, with this spell, it would make more sense for its use in the dark to cause you pain or death. If there is enough light to cast a shadow on the other hand, it makes you nearly invisible, unless someone chances to notice the shadow. If you enter a larger area of shadow, you should experience pain or death as well. Also make it so that, from the player view, you are still there-- you're just kind of misty to show that you are a shadow. Aside from that, also very cool. (Note: The only reason I said that was because I had already used (and thought out) a similar consept in creating a character elsewhere.)

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score

i know one now .. PAIN: ARM GLOWS BLACK WITH DARK POWER THEN THAT DARK SHADOW SURROUNDS ENEMY AND CONTINUASLY HURTS THEM FOR 10 SECONDS

suffering

Reaction score

Volley- sends an arrow volley to fly towards the area the enmy is in. shoots 20 arrows!

Spaniard Spellbulls- enemies run away from magic bulls that run after them and kill them!

A

AeonicBloodline

Chaos. Causes everyone and everything around you to go mad, attacking everything that moves. Sometimes they will attack themselves. Course, your not safe from the spell because they will attack you too, but it helps if you are surrounded by enemies and being overwhelmed.

S

Skeletorfw

How about full on possesion, not just the original crappy version
i mean like FULL possesion.
Imagine possesing a minion and the setting him up in a fight with loads of other minions, then leaving him to die whilst you safely watch through the "scope" on your bow

D

Darg

I come back once more bringing loads of new bizarre spells for you to peruse fine spellcasters:

WAKE OF WILL- If you are near water and by enemies, you can control the water by channeling magic into it, directing it almost like a whip to crush your foes.

WILL MASK- With the aid of this particular stealth-based spell, you can take on the form of any enemy with a disguise that will last as long as you have a will meter bar. This spell can also disguise your companions that may be following you so that you can still stay undercover. Beware, as this spell can backfire with limited will experience, sometimes only partially turning your character.

LUCIFER'S LUCK- A spell that allows your character to more often find gold in the loot he/she finds, a random amount varying in wealth depending on your character's skill.

ENCASEMENT- This spell harnesses the earth around you to encase an enemy in stone, though at lower levels, this spell only partially encases them, such as making a bandit's arm stone. This spell wears off after a while, but if you strike fast while they are encased, depending on your strength, you can shatter them!

DOOM RUNES- A spell only for the purest of evil, this spell requires that the caster summon his/her spellfire to burn a rune sign in the ground in the desired area, then casting the spell in the center of the rune. This spell takes a long time to cast and can only be used by a maxed-out will-user, and it can as well be disrupted by guards or others in combat. This spell, when cast, will create a blackened mist engulfing a large area, with fire spurting from cracks in the ground or floor. This can dispose of countless enemies almost instantly, though this is a demanding spell, your will energy not regenerating until two days after. It is doubtless a hardcore spell...

WOODSMAN OF THE WILL- With this spell and any axe, the caster can imbue the weapon with magical properties, allowing it to hew through trees in one slice, something that can devestate enemies if the tree lands in their path.

SPY OF SKORM- Use this spell on any foe or townsperson, as long as you are sneaking. This will then create a pop-up on the corner of your screen that shows everything that is happening from their point of view for a limited amount of time. This spell will not work during combat, and can be deactivated by casting the spell without pointing at anything.

And finally, my favorite (not for serious use):

WOOTFEST- This powerful spell has a huge range and makes every npc in the area go into a spontaneous random dance, distracting them and letting you free to do whatever you want to, as none of them will be coherent. You can steal from the shops, smack them all around, break windows and once the spell is done, voila, they won't remember a thing. This spell is indeed a high-level spell for both sides of the law, and completely saps your will energy. It is not recommended that any serious mages use this at the risk of looking unprofessional, but hey- mages have to have a little fun too!

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Darg;86317 said:
SPY OF SKORM- Use this spell on any foe or townsperson, as long as you are sneaking. This will then create a pop-up on the corner of your screen that shows everything that is happening from their point of view for a limited amount of time. This spell will not work during combat, and can be deactivated by casting the spell without pointing at anything.

I like this idea, but I would like to point out that it is very like my somewhat wider, less-defined, and not-as-well-named (but neutral alignment-wise) spell idea:

Walker;84079 said:
Psychic Tag- you can see those you tag on a mini-map type thing and see what they see by selecting them, after which a little window pops up showing the area around them. Or just what their eyes see. That'd be really helpful for stealth-- you can tell when they're looking your way and not.

A

Arbiter2010

Like someone suggested, Ice spells would be cool.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Yep, I think that was me, too. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy that people keep suggesting my suggestions-- must mean they're really good.

The only difference between "ice spells" and what I said, was that I said "cyrokinesis".

D

Darg

Walker;86522 said:
Yep, I think that was me, too. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy that people keep suggesting my suggestions-- must mean they're really good.

The only difference between "ice spells" and what I said, was that I said "cyrokinesis".

I must have not seen the psychic tag thing, but I was rather suggesting that the Spy of Skorm spell would be more geared towards evil stealth-based characters given the name. Just to state something, I'm not intentionally copying your ideas, but with so many ideas already out there, sometimes it's hard not to stumble upon someone else's original idea...

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Yeah, I know, I wasn't accusing you of plagiarizing. And didn't I say that my version was neutral? I meant to if I didn't.

And anyway-- I actually was approaching the state known as "serious" when I said it made me feel all warm and fuzzy that other people had variants of my idea.

I did give you credit for your much-better-name, though.