• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Legal Assisted Suicide

tillyferrari

Reaction score
Legal Assisted Suicide

Though there may be other Countries who have Legalised Assisted Suicide; in the UK it has been a Recent revelation that Switzerland/Sweden; one or the other; has Legalised Assisted Suicide; and people all over the World have travelled there and Died by Choice with the Assistance of a Doctor;
Many will have Opinions on this matter I am sure;
However; in my Own Case; where I was Sexually/Physically/Emotionally Abused as a Child; up to the age of 15; having Experienced the Deaths of my Mother; Father; Husband and Daughter; having being Diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder when I was 14; and Leukemia when I was 19; I don't want to Live my Life; I have felt this way for a Long Time and have done Everything in my Power to Combat these Feelings; by seeking Help from Health Professionals; such as Psychiatrists; Psychologists; and most recently I spent 15 Months in Weekly Sessions with a Forensic Psychiatrist; I take Medication to Allieviate my Symptoms; such as 1600mgs of Carbamazapine per day; 20mgs of Ciprilex per day; and 15mgs of Diazapam per day; yet I still want to Die; though I don't have the Money to go to Switzerland/Sweden for the Procedure; I am about to begin a 1-3 Year Dialectal Behaviour Group Therapy; and still have Hope that this may Help me;
What this Post is about is the Feelings people have regarding this Procedure really; and if anybody has any Serious or Relevant Comments; they would be Appreciated;

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Legal Assisted Suicide

Wall of Text critically you for 10000 damage.

I'm sure this is a discussion-worthy topic, but my eyes just can't stand reading that, with all the medical names and ';'s.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

tillyferrari;327508 said:
Though there may be other Countries who have Legalised Assisted Suicide; in the UK it has been a Recent revelation that Switzerland/Sweden; one or the other; has Legalised Assisted Suicide; and people all over the World have travelled there and Died by Choice with the Assistance of a Doctor;
Many will have Opinions on this matter I am sure;
However; in my Own Case; where I was Sexually/Physically/Emotionally Abused as a Child; up to the age of 15; having Experienced the Deaths of my Mother; Father; Husband and Daughter; having being Diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder when I was 14; and Leukemia when I was 19; I don't want to Live my Life; I have felt this way for a Long Time and have done Everything in my Power to Combat these Feelings; by seeking Help from Health Professionals; such as Psychiatrists; Psychologists; and most recently I spent 15 Months in Weekly Sessions with a Forensic Psychiatrist; I take Medication to Allieviate my Symptoms; such as 1600mgs of Carbamazapine per day; 20mgs of Ciprilex per day; and 15mgs of Diazapam per day; yet I still want to Die; though I don't have the Money to go to Switzerland/Sweden for the Procedure; I am about to begin a 1-3 Year Dialectal Behaviour Group Therapy; and still have Hope that this may Help me;
What this Post is about is the Feelings people have regarding this Procedure really; and if anybody has any Serious or Relevant Comments; they would be Appreciated;

Good luck to you however it pans out , but I seriously hope you can overcome those feelings (you've probably heard that heaps before).

Two of my uncles have effectively suicided. One jumped in front of a train, and one refused treatment for a kidney disorder.

If you still have hope, then persue that option before anything else. I personally think (as if you care what I think) that suicide is fine if you've exhausted every option and you still feel that way.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

You won't get assisted suicide for being depressed, anyhow.

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

What exactly is "assisted suicide"? (I can smell the JohnDoe creeping up on me for not being emo enough to know what it is)

Anyhow, good luck trying to sort things out.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

Emo? Assisted suicide is when somebody helps you kill yourself because you cannot do it yourself. Such as, if you were restrained in a hospital to a bed and couldn't move your body, a nurse might give you an injection of adrenaline or something if she knew that you wanted to die and that'd be you dead.

Saying assisted suicide is emo is like saying a wrecking ball is a home improvement technique.

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

Again, killing yourself = cutting your veins open = emo

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Again; assisted suicide is not having somebody cut your wrist. It is, for example, turning off the respirator for someone who is terminally ill and will never ever awake.

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

Tsuyu;327533 said:
Again; assisted suicide is not having somebody cut your wrist. It is, for example, turning off the respirator for someone who is terminally ill and will never ever awake.
Doesn't that have to happen if someone is in a coma long enough?

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Gunman23;327530 said:
You are unbelievably stupid and ignorant. Most assisted suicides (euthanasia) is done by feeding the body with poison. Bleeding doesn't equal emo. Emo is a fashion trend.

I'm for it. It is your life, and it should be your choice. I too have been through childhood abuse, but I'd never consider death because of it. I'm so sorry you had to go through such a horrifying experience Tillyferarri, I couldn't imagine how bad it must have been for you. I was hit and beaten up regularly, but I was never sexually abused. I couldn't imagine how bad that must have been. But I honestly don't reccommend you end your life, I mean, you can't be very old yet. After this point, you'll be free. How old are you exactly?

But again, I don't know what you're going through in your head, so I really can't give you advice. I wish I could though...

EDIT: Oh, you're 22. Thats a little different then... Damn, I wish I could help you, but I'm just some guy on the internet. I hope you do what you think is right though, somehow.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Nobody is going to assist you in killing yourself out of depression, period. That's because when you are depressed you are considered to not be of sound mind and as such not in a position to make any serious decisions, because you would never do that if you weren't depressed. Instead you're better of treating the depression.

Euthanasia is never considered unless you're terminally and incurably ill.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Tsuyu;327542 said:
Euthanasia is never considered unless you're terminally and incurably ill.
Exactly why I'm for it. Why the hell would you want to live for the sake of just pushing death off a little longer? Especially when you've nothing to live for.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

DarkenedSoul;327545 said:
Exactly why I'm for it. Why the hell would you want to live for the sake of just pushing death off a little longer? Especially when you've nothing to live for.
People are against it for may reasons, a couple being that they fear doctors will have powers rivalling God, etc. Also they believe that some people might use euthanasia as an excuse to kill someone and get to their will.

Little things like that which give doubt to others are stopping things like assisted suicide from being legal. By the way, I know the doctor-god thing is crap but I learnt about it in R.e so hey-ho.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

It's mostly about the Christians, as usual.

Suicide == Hell.

If we Swedes actually gave a crap about religion I'm sure we would be hellbent against it.

Silver.

King Of Wishful Thinking.
Reaction score

Gunman23;327525 said:
What exactly is "assisted suicide"? (I can smell the JohnDoe creeping up on me for not being emo enough to know what it is)

In all respects, JohnDoe would be doing nothing out of the ordinary setting you straight. Do you think he does it for personal thrills?

Instead of trolling a topic with "Wuts assisted suicide lulz" you could just use your common sense and type it into Google or Wikipedia.

"Wuts google lulz"

S

Solus

The future:

suicide-booth.jpg

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

Gunman23;327525 said:

Anyhow, good luck trying to sort things out.

Gunman23;327530 said:

Holy Jesus Christ monkey balls.
How do you not know what assisted suicide is? IT'S TWO WORDS.
Assist/ed - Help from someone.
Suicide - Killing self.

Someone helping you kill yourself.

If you don't know those two words, and you're thirteen, good luck working at Mc Donalds.

Anywhoo, to be on topic, Ferrari, if you feel like you've been through every treatment, then you should see if you could kill yourself. I don't think they'd let you, because, well, what Tsuyu said.

If you feel that you can no longer live, and doctors won't assist you, (now I'm not going to recommend this) but you can do it yourself. Only if you truly feel like you can not live.

Good luck, Ferrari.

X

Xeon

How can anyone be stupid enough to be convicted of assisting suicide? Come on! All it takes is a freakin pillow for making it seem natural.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

You're not convicted for assisted suicide - you're convicted for murder.

Technically speaking.

jwc2200

Reaction score

Tilly,
I can understand the desire to just stop living. I struggle almost every day with that. Personally I can not do it at this point, but the day may come when I will. I wish you the best of luck in getting help. I know from experience that getting help is not just 'seeing' a professional therapist, but actually being able to make that therapist understand your problem and be able to help with it. Some professionals, not all, only know what they learned in school and can not help, they will try to make you fit into one of their categories so they know which drugs to give you, and that may not be the help you need.

If suicide is the only way for you, don't get caught up in the myth of 'suicide=hell', that is not the truth.
Here are my views, from my own research(not the myth that is perpetuated by people who are ignorant of the facts), on this subject from a previous thread.
http://forums.projectego.net/depression-18508/page12/#post311134

If you want more info on the subject of suicide, let me know and I will email you what I have put together.