• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A fanfic?! No way!

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
I think i just got too close to the project. By the time i was writing the full draft i had already grown accustomed to the characters and stopped seeing them as fables' characters and more my own. Even though i know full well the characters are from the game, after typing it all whenever i play fable 2 or 3 i think to myself "you're not the real characters" or "i know what happens to you." Apparently it was the same for my room mates (who were the test audience XD)

I don't know, i think i just got too close to the story itself to take too much notice of what the characters are like in the game and was hoping that the readers weren't too disgruntled over his (brief?) personality change :p Perhaps you may feel differently when it ends although that's a long way to go.

Well, it IS fan fiction, which is allowed to break the lore and characterization of the original sources to make your own (which is why you can find oh so many fanfic romances between Harry Potter and Ron Weasley). :p

Well, you said it earlier on, that you wanted to bring Reaver's "other side" out, which is what you're doing quite well. You're adding a new dimension to him, so when I play Fable III and I meet Reaver, I wouldn't think "Oh, you bastard. You cold hearted bastard". I would think "Oh, Reaver, if only you didn't have your heart broken." I would actually feel for him and that in turn helps me feel better playing the game, which sadly lacks quite a lot of characterization. :)

This is my Albion

Reaction score
Aw bless, Danny :')
You know what to say to make me feel better :p You're so awesome!

Unfortunately, if Reaver becomes more uncharacteristic its too late for me to change it without compromising the story :/

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Aw bless, Danny :')
You know what to say to make me feel better :p You're so awesome!

Unfortunately, if Reaver becomes more uncharacteristic its too late for me to change it without compromising the story :/

I have faith in thee that Reaver won't fall too far before snapping back like a rubber band. :p

MazeisMaze

Rattus Rattus
Reaction score
of course we're cool, Vee. You should know I'm a dialogue person. I just love the conversation.

This is my Albion

Reaction score
I never should have doubted that :D

I just thought that you'd be bored to tears by now with the amount of dialogue.

Lenop

Boyish member
Reaction score
Been away for a while, lots to catch up on and I'll start here. Dialog is fine. And don't worry about canon, Fable is not known for being consistent. Take the bits and pieces you like and run with it. Good work, and I'll say that I really like where this story is going. Keep it up. :)

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
I think you should do a flashback of Reaver's first love and the tragedy that ended her and changed Reaver foreve (maybe relate her to the Queen)r. It would remind the fans about who Reaver used to be :)

This is my Albion

Reaction score
I think you should do a flashback of Reaver's first love and the tragedy that ended her and changed Reaver foreve (maybe relate her to the Queen)r. It would remind the fans about who Reaver used to be :)

Funn y you should mention that. It happens later in the story but I've put my own spin on it ;)

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
Someone's been busy ;D
Seems like the pace has quickened.. I disliked the weddingchapter 'cause it just isn't my style, but well done with Reaver and his trip to to wraithmarsh :D i found it rushed but it was an exciting read :)
But, what doesn't the queen know? In the game, we found everything :S

This is my Albion

Reaction score
Someone's been busy ;D
Seems like the pace has quickened.. I disliked the weddingchapter 'cause it just isn't my style, but well done with Reaver and his trip to to wraithmarsh :D i found it rushed but it was an exciting read :)
But, what doesn't the queen know? In the game, we found everything :S

Haha yus, you are correct sir.

But Reaver doesn't know that she knows :p

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
If i were you, i'd have either kept Reaver's personality as it is in present day or have him watching his past self like an outer body experience.. It is him having a dream, not us traveling back in time.. There's opportunity for a lot of humour if you let Reaver keep his present sarcastic pretentious personality.. Imagine him replying and acting a he normally would but receiving the same reply from the people in the dream xD Just my opinion though :)
I think that your this chapter would work well otherwise.. Your imagery fit oakvale Fable 1 very well :3 i look forward to seeing what pushes Reaver to summon the court and how he does it.. I always imagined it would be a fear of death and using the normanomicon or something :')

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
Chapter 10 is great! Well done.. I enjoyed reading that :D
i loved the idea of the mother being the banshee and her flesh melting off.. Pretty well written^^
The father character reminds me ofBobby's Dad in Supernatural season7 :)