• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask The Staff 'Anything'

F

FableFreak

Re: Ask The Staff 'Anything'

Tsuyu;167759 said:
I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about how easy it is to get a hold of a firearm in the States due to this "right to bear arms" compared to the parts of the world.

The whole "protection" aspect is pure bull, because it also means that the criminals and other scum will also have easier access to the guns so it becomes an invalid point.

"I love the right to bear arms. I feel safer than without it, now I can protect myself"
"Oh yeah, from whom?"
"Other people with guns."

Also, have you ever heard of a school massacre/shooting outside of the States?

Tsuyu, a huge part of the crimes committed with guns are committed by people with unregistered guns, not by us law abiding citizens. No matter the type of strict control people will be able to get guns. If I wanted to murder someone I would use a knife, because its silent and slender. I could just as easily walk up behind someone with a 100% hidden blade, stab them in the spine, and walk off without the bang of a gun.

And yes, I have heard of shootings outside the US. There was one in Ireland like 3 months ago. But the US media is so busy reporting **** about celebrities that I doubt it would ever reach my living room. I hate the media... oh how I hate it.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Also, have you ever heard of a school massacre/shooting outside of the States?
Er...Dunblane in 1996 was pretty big. Was a while ago, but pretty much rocked the entire UK.

Plus in various parts of Glasgow and London there are many many gun attacks per week - it's just not as "sensational", I guess, as when someone rolls into an American high school and goes a bit mental, however rare this occurrence may be.

C

cometojames

why do americans have guns??? they are made to believe it will pretect them, pretect the, from what eh???? anyone who have seen bowling for colambine will understand

F

FableFreak

cometojames;167765 said:
why do americans have guns??? they are made to believe it will pretect them, pretect the, from what eh???? anyone who have seen bowling for colambine will understand

Bowling for Columbine is a biased POS made by a POS.

The Constitution gives the Americans the Right to Bear Arms so if the government ever turns into the monster which it has become then we have the neccessary arms to over throw it and reinstate a whole new system.

Also, say a country invades the US. Now, what is worse? Just a countries military, or a countries military and its armed citizens who know how to use their weapons?

(Protect us from what? Burgalers, home invasions, rapists, you know, those kinds of things.)

C

cometojames

FableFreak;167767 said:
Also, say a country invades the US. Now, what is worse? Just a countries military, or a countries military and its armed citizens who know how to use their weapons?

(Protect us from what? Burgalers, home invasions, rapists, you know, those kinds of things.)
thats a good come back actually.i see what you mean.

F

FableFreak

cometojames;167768 said:
thats a good come back actually.i see what you mean.

Well coming from someone who aspires to be a gunsmith/NRA Chairman I would hope so.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

National Rifle Association. We gots one too

C

cometojames

really. do you believe poepl should have guns

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

*shrug* I dunno. I don't live in a country where it is a common practice (legally) so it's hard to say.

If a person is trained, vetted and licensed then I'm not overly fussed. It's the whole "wow, it's so cool to have a gun and shoot people coz they look at me funny" thing I object to. But you get idiots everywhere you go and if carrying or owning a gun was commonplace in the UK then I think perhaps those sorts of people won't be as prevalent as they are at the moment (in the UK, anyway).

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

I firmly believe in the right to bear arms, and not in the "oh, it's only for militias" sense. On the other hand, I think it should be a hell of a lot more difficult to buy them illegally and there should be some degree of background check. Not as ludicrously stringent of a check as the British system, but still a check.

Mostly because it's plain fun to shoot. I sucked at it the couple times I went and shot up the woods behind the house of a friend of my dad's; but I still enjoyed it.

F

FableFreak

Most people in the US will never have to use their guns for defense, so when they aren't protecting you from a rapist or shooting up a crackhouse they are blasting away at things like watermelons and cans. Along with the occasional hippie in my case. The smell of gunpowder actually has a minty-menthol smell to it, I would pay for gunpowder scented cologne if they had it. I find it impossible to believe that anyone wouldn't enjoy throwing a couple rounds of 7.62mm downrange at some targets.

F

FableFreak

You mean what GUNS? I have 13 currently, there is a gun show in 2 week where I will be picking up a pistol and for my 18th birthday I will be getting an SKS.

List of guns

Shotguns:
410 Guage side-by-side Stoeger double barreled shotgun
20 guage Mossberg pump shotgun
Remington 12 guage pump shotgun
Remington Semi-Automatic 20 guage shotgun

Rifles:

Marlin .22 semi-auto
Remington .22 semi-auto
Marlin .22 semi-auto, wood finish
Springfield bolt action .22
Mosin-Nagant 7.62x54R bolt action rifle
Remington 30.06 bolt action deer rifle
Winchester 30-30 lever action
Tikka T3 .223 bolt action rifle
.30 Carbine

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

^ gun freak :noexpression:

F

FableFreak

^Has a problem with it?

(Thats nothing, give me a minute to post a picture of a friends collection)

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Holy crap, Freak... that's absurd... Hell, the most guns anyone I know has that I know they have is four.

The only one my family has is my dad's old ammo-less shotgun moldering in his closet. Also, the four shotguns that my grandpa left me and my siblings, currently under the care of my uncle.

F

FableFreak

Absurdity? This is... PARANOIA!!!

Whats absurd is how many guns are just sitting in the corners of my room, under my bed, and on top of my dresser. And the fact that in the next 2 months I will have 2 more guns.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

FableFreak;167836 said:
^Has a problem with it?

(Thats nothing, give me a minute to post a picture of a friends collection)

Not at all. But there is a difference between having a couple of hunting rifles and a defence gun... and having thirteen. Seems a bit uhhh... dangerous :lol:

But each to their own I spose.

F

FableFreak

Arseface;167854 said:
Not at all. But there is a difference between having a couple of hunting rifles and a defence gun... and having thirteen. Seems a bit uhhh... dangerous :lol:

But each to their own I spose.

Care to know something funny? None of those would be a good defense gun, with the exception of the Mossberg. And its not dangerous whatsoever, the only danger is that a fire starts and ignites the massive pile of ammunition I have in my garage/closet...