• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask The Staff 'Anything'

poopgod350

KINKY!
Reaction score
Re: Ask The Staff 'Anything'

ooohh... ouch..... that stinks angel so hows your back now i mean not to seem nosy or anything
lol we posted at the same time so omit my question

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Fine - a couple of twinges if I overdo things or sit badly, like with anyone who slouches all day long in front of a console :lol: - but I'm off my meds and walk/run like anyone else can. Been that way since 18th May ^_^

Ooh - that rhymed :D

poopgod350

KINKY!
Reaction score

glad to here it at least you are better. i finally understand your avatar.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

:lol: I don't want to get rid of it though...hated my wheelchair so launching out of it seems rather appropriate now :D

Haven't told my surgeon he won't be operating on me anymore yet...he's going to be rather annoyed when he finds out :lol:

poopgod350

KINKY!
Reaction score

i was going to say he wont be getting money from you but you have universal health care in the U.K. dont you now i have nothing to say awww..... i always have stuffs to say.

jwc2200

Reaction score

Angel;181769 said:
Well...I used to be until very recently...had three incurable spinal conditions and needed a walking stick and sometimes wheelchair...

I like to see that "used to be" part, I'm glad that you are better or at least getting there.
I have alot of nerve damage from 4 neck surgeries to remove several lymph nodes, and I have some tumors still in my neck that cause me alot of pain. I've been disabled since August 2003.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

jwc2200;181794 said:
I like to see that "used to be" part, I'm glad that you are better or at least getting there.
I have alot of nerve damage from 4 neck surgeries to remove several lymph nodes, and I have some tumors still in my neck that cause me alot of pain. I've been disabled since August 2003.
Can they remove the tumours or is it too dangerous with them being in your neck? It's horrible being in pain all the time - got me so down sometimes. I'd sit at the bottom of the stairs looking up thinking "it may as well be Mount Everest for all the chances of me getting up there today". Couldn't be classed as disabled yet couldn't get a job - so frustrating...

Yeah, it was declared by the medical profession that my condition was incurablevand that they could do nothing but manage my symptoms with pills and surgery for the rest of my life, but that changed when I went to church on 18th May.

So do you have family and friends to help out or are you pretty much independent, if you don't mind my asking?

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

To keep it brief, I was prayed for and from that day onwards I have no longer needed medication or walking aids and have been entirely independent. It's an ongoing process whereby each day gets better and better...if I overdo things, like anyone who is recovering from, say, an illness or operation, then my muscles complain like you would expect. But I no longer need any medical intervention and I have none of the pain either. I'm in, I suppose, a form of recovery but it's super speedy and I can do pretty much everything as normal now. Feel free to think I'm crazy/lying/hysterical etc, but I was there ;)

First thing I did was go and play football with Jessica on the field - big mistake as I nearly gave myself a heart attack :lol:

C

cometojames

wow.... seriously wow! im so pleased for you angel ;)

jwc2200

Reaction score

I have alot of family close by. They are wonderful. I get the yard work done by a 19yo nephew or my gf's brother, my 20yo niece is over here every couple of days trying to help with the housework. My older sister does most of my errands I need done, banking and such. My older brother takes me to my hospital visits(100+ miles from home) every other month or so. My girlfriend normally does everything, but she had a hysterechtomy and got MRSA, the really bad Staph infection, she is in the hospital right now, but she will be back to normal soon it looks like. I am very blessed when it comes to family.

Feel free to think I'm crazy/lying/hysterical etc, but I was there ;)

I believe prayer can do alot for all sorts of problems. Without god and prayer i would never have made it to almost 8 years living with cancer.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

cometojames;181820 said:
wow.... seriously wow! im so pleased for you angel ;)
So am I :D :D

jwc2200;181821 said:
I have alot of family close by. They are wonderful. I get the yard work done by a 19yo nephew or my gf's brother, my 20yo niece is over here every couple of days trying to help with the housework. My older sister does most of my errands I need done, banking and such. My older brother takes me to my hospital visits(100+ miles from home) every other month or so. My girlfriend normally does everything, but she had a hysterechtomy and got MRSA, the really bad Staph infection, she is in the hospital right now, but she will be back to normal soon it looks like. I am very blessed when it comes to family.
You certainly are - I've just got Steve and the kid up here and he has no family aside from his cousin. Sorry to hear about your girlfriend but excellent that she's getting better though. Hysterectomies are such a huge operation in themselves it's awful she had to get MRSA on top of it...I hope she makes a speedy recovery :)

I most definitely believe in the power of prayer - this is the second time God has done something dramatic for me and I'm still stunned by it all, to be honest. Even when He doesn't do what we want Him to do, He doesn't do nothing at all. I spent 7 years with this problem and 14 years with the previous one He fixed, but during the worst times He stuck by me, so I will always be grateful for that. I have a wonderful husband who has put up with more in our first year of marriage than anyone should expect of a new husband and it's a real blessing to me.

My neighbour used to do our front lawn and Steve did all the housework but now I'm ok I suppose I'll have to do it...seems there are bad sides to getting your mobility back after all :lol:

C

cometojames

jwc2200;181821 said:

I believe prayer can do alot for all sorts of problems. Without god and prayer i would never have made it to almost 8 years living with cancer.
sorry if this is personal, but is it cureable

jwc2200

Reaction score

cometojames;181827 said:
sorry if this is personal, but is it cureable
Unfortunately not. It is a fairly rare form of thyroid cancer, then it got into my lymph system. Since it is rare, about 12,000 people a year get it in the USA, there has been no chemotherapy developed for it, it's not profitable. My body, or my cancer cells, did not respond to the treatments available, Internal Liquid Radiation and a thyroid simulating hormone that slows that particular cell growth, so the only thing is to do surgeries to take out tumors as they get large enough. The ones in my neck right now are between the right carotid artery and jugular vein, bad spot. They left them because when they got the ones in a similar place on my left neck they 'nicked' my jugular vein. The cancer in general is slow growing, it will not kill me soon in all likelyhood. In 2000 they said I had 3 to 5 years to live, but in 2002 my body started responding to the hormone, so it has slowed again and I have not had a surgery since August 2003.
I am making a short story long here I guess, to sum it up:
Cancer sucks, lol.

C

cometojames

****, **** the ****ing ****s. may the ****s die. Your a good person, you dont diserve it. I wont be patranising and say the whole 'sorry for you'. life must suck. and your only 38 man. ****ING 38. **** em

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Certainly does...I won't even try to say anything in reference to the disease because anything I do say will most likely come off as patronising BS, but I think it's incredible how doctors expect the worst sometimes and are then proved wrong time and time again.

Is there any experiemental or trial stuff they can do? Or do you reckon the hormone will be sufficient for the time being?

Also I hate how research into illnesses and potential cures are halted because of money. Sure, spend billions on treating people who can't be bothered to take care of themselves whilst knowing the risks of their actions but heaven forbid money should be put aside for treating/researching rare and/or life threatening illnesses...:rolleyes:

/rant :lol:

Z

Zingo

Angel;181855 said:

Private healthcare sucks. Capitalism is not objective, healthcare should be something the state takes care of.
:p

jwc2200

Reaction score

****, **** the ****ing ****s. may the ****s die. Your a good person, you dont diserve it. I wont be patranising and say the whole 'sorry for you'. life must suck. and your only 38 man. ****ING 38. **** em

I didn't get most of that, but its the thought that counts.

Angel;181855 said:
Certainly does...I won't even try to say anything in reference to the disease because anything I do say will most likely come off as patronising BS, but I think it's incredible how doctors expect the worst sometimes and are then proved wrong time and time again.

Is there any experiemental or trial stuff they can do? Or do you reckon the hormone will be sufficient for the time being?

Also I hate how research into illnesses and potential cures are halted because of money. Sure, spend billions on treating people who can't be bothered to take care of themselves whilst knowing the risks of their actions but heaven forbid money should be put aside for treating/researching rare and/or life threatening illnesses...:rolleyes:

Rants are fun sometimes.
There isn't much to be said really, nothing people say about it ever bothers me though. Nothing experimental at the moment. The hormone has kept the 2 larger tumors from getting bigger since 2002, and the 4 small ones on the back of my right lung have not grown any since then either. They give me all the Morphine I want and tranquilizers for when that doesnt do the job, which is not often fortunately, and keep checking me out every few months. Last month my blood work showed cancer activity, as in the stuff that will make it grow, but it was so slight it may or may not cause much, if any growth.
As I said to you, Angel, in a private message once, this site has been a great way for me to fill the days and nights. I really enjoy this forum community, it is "mind comsuming" and well as time consuming, so I am not just sitting here waiting and worrying. Since I joined projectego my mental state has improved considerably.

C

cometojames

jwc2200;181862 said:
I really enjoy this forum community, it is "mind comsuming" and well as time consuming, so I am not just sitting here waiting and worrying. Since I joined projectego my mental state has improved considerably.

:) you have been egofied