• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Emo Assault Squadron!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Emo Assault Squadron!

Tsuyu;169680 said:
Manson is a great man. He truly is. The killers of the Columbine massacre listened to his music and of course the press were all to eager to jump at him. When asked what he would've said to the killers if he got the chance to speak to them by, he simply said.

"I wouldn't say a single word to them, I would listen to what they have to say and that's what no one did. "

The exact quote that sticks in my head everytime people mention him. +rep

C

cometojames

watch what you are saying guys and its not fair to label

S

Solus

I don't think it's the emo kids that we have to worry about...

You should be worrying about... The Amish

J

Jack of Spades

I do hate the emo, but im not gonna hurt them, they already do it themselves, i also agree with fable freak, i hate most fads too. And i gotta agree labels are sometimes wrong, unless theyre against the hippies. The amish arent that bad. So how bout we tripp a few emos, chase a few amish, and shoot some hippies? :D there now EVERYONES happy!

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

People rip if from emo folk- well you know what, as a person who was raised on a diet of metal and good solid 60/70's rock from I was young enough to have ears I can tell you that being ripped on for your taste in music is pretty pathetic and the people that do it are closed minded fools who feel they have the right to judge others on their musical taste because they think their better than others. I always figured the rock community to be an open minded and accepting group of people and as the years go on its pathetic to see the degradation of the moral standards and ethics that once made rockers such a great community to be part of. Thats what brought myself and a lot of my friends together- the fact that we were constantly ripped on by others for the music we liked.

Back in the day I was insulted alot for my taste in music- called a satanist for listening Metallic and Manson. Anything that had a guitar in it was considered to be santanistic/evil/goth by a lot of the people I went to high school with. And hating on people just because of their taste in music, is immature and childish.

I have seen people in this thread use cliches about emo folk etc- name me your favorite genre of music and watch me cliche you and see how it feels.

Everybody is entitled to listen what they want, when they want, and pity help you if you think you are so high and mighty as to dictate to others what they should listen.

So my point- if you ever had somebody take the **** out of you for your musical taste then shut your damn mouth about emo because your just as bad as the people that once insulted you.

/end_rant
/take_breath
/smoke_cigarette

F

FableFreak

weirdkidinabox;170858 said:
...I can tell you that being ripped on for your taste in music is pretty pathetic and the people that do it are closed minded fools who feel they have the right to judge others on their musical taste because they think their better than others...

But I know that I am better than them because the music I listen to is better than theirs...

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

FableFreak;170863 said:
But I know that I am better than them because the music I listen to is better than theirs...

Yes and so do I but we don't need to rub it in their faces or whinge about it.. or take up arms... and stuff... and maybe legs too... the terror!!
o_O

F

FableFreak

But it's not fun unless you make them feel like they are worthless because they like My Chemical Romance. Which they are. Because they like My Chemical Romance.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

FableFreak;170868 said:
But it's not fun unless you make them feel like they are worthless because they like My Chemical Romance. Which they are. Because they like My Chemical Romance.

Lmao- the irony, the absolute irony right now is... well, its ironic.

Im listening to them right now. Not a big fan of emo but I like them for some odd reason.

Seriously though, people like what they like. On my playlist right now it goes from MCR, to Megadeth, to Finntroll and Nine Inch Nails.

So how do you classify somebody like me actually? Because I like MCR and JEW does that make me emo? if so then why is the rest of my muscial taste discounted?

F

FableFreak

I don't care what music you like. I don't know you, so I'm not going to label you.

(The only people I make fun of the incredibly stupid, the amazingly arrogant, anyone who disagrees with me, and anyone who berates someone else for disagreeing with their opinion. And lots of others.)

D

Dragon_Disciple

I once heard some twit say that Jack Johnson was "emo" becuase of a song he heard. I didn't do anything to him becuase I didn't have to, turns out the guy he ranted to really enjoys Johnson and so chewed the fool out for it. That was a day that I believed that the universe does fix itself when necessary. Aside from that, I don't know who would call Green Day emo. I always thought of them as retro-ish punk in some insignificant way. Of course it doesn't really matter as I dig their music either way.

On another note, I have never actually used the "emo" label once in all my life so far. I do, by chance, have a friend who tends to gripe and complain about everyone always giving him a hard time and that their just against him. I didn't call him emo more as I just slapped him and told him to stop whining. That was the only real time I ever did that to someone. There was this primal urge to just knock sense into him and explain that he brings it all on himself with his actions. Mind you, he's not the brightest of the bunch and does many unwise things.

I agree that there is no real image of an "emo" anymore. People just say it to make themselves feel better or something. I believe it is labels that make people feel as if they belong, becuase they initially never had a group to be one with. Is it wrong for me to look down on people so?

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

FableFreak: Yay for not distinguishing against people when you insult them lmao :D

Dragon: Green Day were retro/nu punk for a while. Not sure what they are nowadays to be honest. I used to use the term emo quite frequently but then I matured a bit and realised its pretty pointless. I do however take the **** outta my sister calling her emo and all but its just in jest. You actually sound a very good friend of mine with that that slap him and stop whinging comment lol.

I think emo transgressed from being a musical genre, to a lot of sub musical genres which had nothing to do with the original emo genre, to a fashion trend linked with the sub musical genres to a fashion trend in itself to just being a term for sadness and generally being upset/depressed without a point as to why..

Im getting way too deep into this :unsure:

D

Dragon_Disciple

I really didn't want to do it, naturally I'm pretty peaceful, but something told me that he needed to be brought to his senses.

I can't say that I know where emo comes from, but it has spread too damn far. Even games are affected. I remeber when I used to play Final Fantasy 11. There was this churl that paraded himself around as an emo as he was the Dark Knight class. Becuase of that and other stunts, alot of people thought that the class itself was all "emo" and not cool. I hate how the stupidity spreads like a virus, infecting the ignorant and turning them stupid. Only knowledge will save us in the end!

Which leads me to this, knowledge has no limits! So don't hesitate to delve deep into your thoughts, even for a topic such as this.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Dragon_Disciple;170875 said:
I really didn't want to do it, naturally I'm pretty peaceful, but something told me that he needed to be brought to his senses.

I can't say that I know where emo comes from, but it has spread too damn far. Even games are affected. I remeber when I used to play Final Fantasy 11. There was this churl that paraded himself around as an emo as he was the Dark Knight class. Becuase of that and other stunts, alot of people thought that the class itself was all "emo" and not cool. I hate how the stupidity spreads like a virus, infecting the ignorant and turning them stupid. Only knowledge will save us in the end!

Which leads me to this, knowledge has no limits! So don't hesitate to delve deep into your thoughts, even for a topic such as this.

Yeah man, I play warcraft and post on a quite a few forums and its either quit QQing or else shut yo emo mouth. Its everywhere nowadays, I even got insulted by a chavvy kinda fella one night who called me emo, was hella funny to be honest.

Man your on my wave length. Its not so much knowledge with me though, its more speculation, rambling and generally pulling things from somewhere in the middle of my head o_O

D

Dragon_Disciple

Just be sure not to pull out your brain in the process, I might want to use it later. Maybe for the use to make an intelligent zombie. Then again...that might end badly.

In a side note...why is it that I'm not gaining any post counts on here? Is this a side-forum for spam or did I upset Llovar, the god of posts?

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Dragon_Disciple;170877 said:
Just be sure not to pull out your brain in the process, I might want to use it later. Maybe for the use to make an intelligent zombie. Then again...that might end badly.

In a side note...why is it that I'm not gaining any post counts on here? Is this a side-forum for spam or did I upset Llovar, the god of posts?

Not sure about the post count thing dude, I had the same problem for a while but I think its cleared up now. Posts may be calculated on a daily basis but I doubt it somehow on an board like this.

Intelligent zombies always fail... except for Bub, he was awesome- YAY BUB!!

Wow... off topic much lol.

D

Dragon_Disciple

Well there was this time that I gave a zombie enough intelligence to use magic, but that seemed to go awry as it became hooked on casting shock magic on me. The skin still has that singing smell even today.

The fact that we are off topic is vividly clear, but I suppose it should be alright as long as it doesn't get too out of hand.

So let's now talk about the concept of applying augments to the human body...

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Dragon_Disciple;170880 said:
Well there was this time that I gave a zombie enough intelligence to use magic, but that seemed to go awry as it became hooked on casting shock magic on me. The skin still has that singing smell even today.

The fact that we are off topic is vividly clear, but I suppose it should be alright as long as it doesn't get too out of hand.

So let's now talk about the concept of applying augments to the human body...

I seriously hope you get these two quotes... if you don't for shame...

"FOR PONY!!!"

"You all saw it, that orphanage attacked me."

^_^

(Richard totally owns face...))

D

Dragon_Disciple

Hahahaha!

He's my immoral mentor. It was him that made me want to have a little bunny for a mount. That and own the Fork of Truth, so that my anger will grow to astounding levels.

"I have a dream that one day there will be no structure left standing, no man or woman left un-decapitated and no babies left undevoured!"

Have you seen his little musical?