• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mosque over Ground Zero

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
Mosque over Ground Zero

Well, I'm officially back!

And if you haven't heard a muslim group wants to tear down a 150 year old building in New York City which is over/around Ground Zero to build a thirteen story mosque costing 11,000,000 million dollars. So forget your religious belief, forget your political belief, and tell me your opinions on it. Should New York City let them build it or should they not and why? I'm not going to go into details on my opinion on this matter for the safety of all around me and myself but my simple answer to them is: "No."

Anyways :) post your opinions and comments !

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Re: Mosque over Ground Zero

Sure, so long as they build a 13 story Catholic/Christian church next to it, they can rename it god street.

I read this on bbc site yesterday, to be honest I find it a bit offensive for the people who lost their loved ones( with the terrorist being muslim) But you don't really know if there were muslim's working there either, but hell even if there were you don't see christian's ordering a church to be built.

Muslim's offend me because they demand **** build for them in a country that isn't theirs, adapt yourself to someone's culture don't adapt it to yourself. However I don't hate muslims I've known quite a few, think I seeen one of em eating a bacon sandwich though :p on their fasting day.... was loike! WTF! LOLOLOL

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Ummm... No. Why waste all that money?

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

Well, since I don't want to damage everyones minds with my political and religious analysis, I'll just say no because the 150 year old building has more historic meaning and less spiritual/religious meaning than a mosque. Plus, it's just been causing unneeded controversy from what I've seen on CNN.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

Hermit;418020 said:
Sure, so long as they build a 13 foot Catholic/Christian church next to it, they can rename it god street.

-_- There's really no need for either, there's plenty of Churches and plenty of Mosques. And neither of them need to be THIRTEEN stories high, or cost $11,000,000. Why would we pay $11,000,000 for just another duplicate if what's down the street a couple blocks? Isn't this what got us into the debt? xD Pointless and useless spending? Oh well! That's America for ya.

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

Sean;418023 said:
-_- There's really no need for either, there's plenty of Churches and plenty of Mosques. And neither of them need to be THIRTEEN stories high, or cost $11,000,000. Why would we pay $11,000,000 for just another duplicate if what's down the street a couple blocks? Isn't this what got us into the debt? xD Pointless and useless spending? Oh well! That's America for ya.

w00t for debt and America! Seriously we need to wipe the slate clean and get our American crap together.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

Right now, the majority of New Yorkers are saying no because of where it is located - with it being so close and on the Ground Zero area they take it in a slap in the face for a muslim mosque to be built there - they realize that not all muslims are bad and that the ones on 9/11 were radicals and extremists but, it's the equivalent of building a Church or Synagogue (both of which would most likely get destroyed/burned to the ground) in a battle zone somewhere in the Middle East & they think it's pretty much a slap in the face.

My question is... what are you going to do with 13 stories? Fit every muslim in New York City in it? Scratch that, every muslim in New York itself?

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score

Sean;418023 said:

/Sarcasm

You just want a yes/no anwser? ok, no. :p

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

Hermit;418031 said:
/Sarcasm

You just want a yes/no anwser? ok, no. :p

I know it was sarcasm bro xD the answer I put was serious though.

Wallace

MeeKrob
Reaction score

Sean;418028 said:
Right now, the majority of New Yorkers are saying no because of where it is located - with it being so close and on the Ground Zero area they take it in a slap in the face for a muslim mosque to be built there - they realize that not all muslims are bad and that the ones on 9/11 were radicals and extremists but, it's the equivalent of building a Church or Synagogue (both of which would most likely get destroyed/burned to the ground) in a battle zone somewhere in the Middle East & they think it's pretty much a slap in the face.

My question is... what are you going to do with 13 stories? Fit every muslim in New York City in it? Scratch that, every muslim in New York itself?

Perhaps they are going to fill every floor with explosives and a nuke and put a Jihad on New York? In the keran or whatever its called everybody in america that isn't muslim deserves to die.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Sigh... That is extremism.

And it is the Qu'ran. How do you even know what it says if you don't know its name?

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

It seems really ignorant to me that they can't make a Mosque in New York City. Those terrorists weren't Muslim, they were a radical group formed around Muslim. They were a cult, they were not Muslim. It seems sad that now "Muslim" means "Terrorist" even to this group of what I thought were intelligent people.

I find it stupid that someone somehow made a connection to building a church in a war zone to building a Mosque on Ground Zero...that seems especially ignorant. No, not ignorant, stupid.

And how dare someone say that they need to adapt the American way. That's truly stupid. Everyone is allowed to practice their own religion and are given a Constitutional Right to do so. This Country was formed on it.

There is absolutely no problem spending so much money in the American Market (if they plan on keeping business in America). If they're going overseas to get supplies and whatever, then yeah, that's not helpful.

No one needs a 13 story anything, other than something for a business, but people are always wanting bigger things than they need.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

ssjcb1186;418045 said:
It seems really ignorant to me that they can't make a Mosque in New York City. Those terrorists weren't Muslim, they were a radical group formed around Muslim. They were a cult, they were not Muslim. It seems sad that now "Muslim" means "Terrorist" even to this group of what I thought were intelligent people.

I find it stupid that someone somehow made a connection to building a church in a war zone to building a Mosque on Ground Zero...that seems especially ignorant. No, not ignorant, stupid.

And how dare someone say that they need to adapt the American way. That's truly stupid. Everyone is allowed to practice their own religion and are given a Constitutional Right to do so. This Country was formed on it.

There is absolutely no problem spending so much money in the American Market (if they plan on keeping business in America). If they're going overseas to get supplies and whatever, then yeah, that's not helpful.

No one needs a 13 story anything, other than something for a business, but people are always wanting bigger things than they need.

This is pretty much exactly what I was going to type, kudos ssjcb.

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

To be honest I don't even care about the East Coast anymore. They're should just be a smaller mosque if anything. Well said, ssjcb.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score

If you're gonna call me stupid or ignorant atleast have the balls to say my name.

I don't know much about America, so I'm sorry if I never thought of your constitution, but here and generally everywhere else a country's culture is something to preserve, and keep tradition, but America has no tradition maybe? Land of the free and built up of immigrants, so multi-cultural I guess?

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

I also want to say I'm not directing any statements. I apologize if it seemed like I was indirectly calling you stupid by agreeing with ssjcb, Hermit or anyone else who felt that way.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

Hermit;418049 said:
If you're gonna call me stupid or ignorant atleast have the balls to say my name.

I don't know much about America, so I'm sorry if I never thought of your constitution, but here and generally everywhere else a country's culture is something to preserve, and keep tradition, but America has no tradition maybe? Land of the free and built up of immigrants, so multi-cultural I guess?

Oh...well, sorry, I didn't know. And I didn't quote anyone, so I just remembered what people said, not who said it. Again, I apologize. Here: Hermit, you are ignorant of the American Constitution and way of conduct toward others.

And you're exactly right. We don't have traditions, which comes to no surprise when we're the youngest country in the world. We're not a Melting Pot, America, it's a Salad Bowl and we're supposed to accept other people's beliefs and make them feel comfortable, not toss them aside because they have different beliefs and go against tradition. I don't really think there's much to preserve on Ground Zero, other than the exact area where the Twin Towers once stood. We take pride in our diverse cultures and don't force religion on people or make them convert (anymore at least).

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

America is too vast and differing from coast to coast to form its own united identity really. It has more tradition than England I reckon - or at least more of a national identity, what with civil war re-enactments and country folk to the superbowl to mention but a few off of the top of my head.

Superficial things like Mosques and Churches don't make much of a difference in the long run, who cares if there's a Mosque on ground zero? It's the little things that count; like turtle fences.

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score

No, hell no, f**k that! Muslums build mosques at the site of a victory. How did this escape the attention of the higher ups? Even if it were a regular church, this is the radical muslum group, not the peaceful group, that wants to build it. So there is no good light to shine on this, its about gloating and sending the international message of "Ha Ha we blew your building up and you were stupid enough to let us **** on the site."

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Ground Zero should stay the way it is. They shouldn't build anything there. Just make the mosque smaller and move it somewhere else in the city.

Fenrir;418059 said:
No, hell no, f**k that! Muslums build mosques at the site of a victory. How did this escape the attention of the higher ups? Even if it were a regular church, this is the radical muslum group, not the peaceful group, that wants to build it. So there is no good light to shine on this, its about gloating and sending the international message of "Ha Ha we blew your building up and you were stupid enough to let us **** on the site."

No. You're wrong.