• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mosque over Ground Zero

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Mosque over Ground Zero

Just me, or does "Mosque over Ground Zero" sound like a killer title for a Tom Clancy novel?

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

I say let them, I may not like certain beliefs, but damn it, they have the right to think that way and to do their thing, we are getting our first Mosque in our county, and there is so much flaming going on about it, it is a damn Mosque.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

Fenrir;418059 said:
No, hell no, f**k that! Muslums build mosques at the site of a victory. How did this escape the attention of the higher ups? Even if it were a regular church, this is the radical muslum group, not the peaceful group, that wants to build it. So there is no good light to shine on this, its about gloating and sending the international message of "Ha Ha we blew your building up and you were stupid enough to let us **** on the site."

Fenrir;418074 said:
Do explain.

How do you know it's that radical group of Muslim Cultists? No where did they say that. You have no right to assume otherwise. Who are you to declare that they are terrorists because they're Muslim and that they're part of that particular group? That's unfair, close-minded, and prejudice.

Where is this information you have coming from? If you give some proof, I'll give you some too :)

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

Sean;418018 said:
Well, I'm officially back!

And if you haven't heard a muslim group wants to tear down a 150 year old building in New York City which is over/around Ground Zero to build a thirteen story mosque costing 11,000,000 million dollars. So forget your religious belief, forget your political belief, and tell me your opinions on it. Should New York City let them build it or should they not and why? I'm not going to go into details on my opinion on this matter for the safety of all around me and myself but my simple answer to them is: "No."

Anyways :) post your opinions and comments !

Lol I know what you're thinking, don't say it.

And I agree...no.

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score

I never said all muslums were terrorists, in fact I believe I stated that there was a peace loving sect among muslums. I never said anything about a particular group of radical muslums either, but I will say that radical muslums in general are bad, they dont need to belong to a specific group. So the bottom line is radical muslums=bad, Peaceful muslums who havent been officially disowned by their own religeon=A-OK.

xzxzxz70

The kitty is watching...
Reaction score

Fenrir;418263 said:
I never said all muslums were terrorists, in fact I believe I stated that there was a peace loving sect among muslums. I never said anything about a particular group of radical muslums either, but I will say that radical muslums in general are bad, they dont need to belong to a specific group. So the bottom line is radical muslums=bad, Peaceful muslums who havent been officially disowned by their own religeon=A-OK.
They are a peaceful group of Muslums, they are not radical nor are they terrorists. The Mosque is also being built four blocks away from Ground Zero, not right on top of it.

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score

Apparently my source was bias against muslims, I make a distinction between radical and peaceful. Since its not right on the site I could guess I could overlook it but it doesnt seem like a good idea regardless.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Fenrir;418074 said:
Do explain.

It's like what Ssjcb said. You're immediately assuming that it's a radical terrorist group when in reality, it's not.

xzxzxz70;418266 said:
The Mosque is also being built four blocks away from Ground Zero, not right on top of it.

Seriously? Then what the f*ck is the big deal?

EDIT: Ninja'd :ninja:

Fenrir;418267 said:
Since its not right on the site I could guess I could overlook it but it doesnt seem like a good idea regardless.

Why?

Shadowtree

Winner of Lil'Miss Zerg 2010
Reaction score

Damn, I told myself to never let myself get sucked into a thread like this again... But I can't help it!! Forgive me good peoples!!! :'(
and please forgive my bad spelling, Im tired.
It is traditional that Muslims build mosques as momuments on grounds of their victories. Whereas we western civilizations have a tendency to build our momuments to remember places of bloodshed. While there are certainly exceptions to this rule please let me continue to try to prove my point.
The Mosque is to be named after the spanish city ,Cordoba, which was captured and "asslimated" (to put it nicely) by muslims. It is a WELL KNOWN symbol of Islamic conquest today... (if you dont believe me, feel free to look it up :p)
The equivanlent to this would be me going to Mecca and building a church named after the pope who called down the first crusade. o_O

Ms Shadowtree: Now, Class. Can anyone tell me what would happen to me if I decided to do this??? Anyone?
Young child: *Raises hand*
Ms. Shadowtree: Yes, you in the back.
Young Child: You would be dead, Ms. Shadowtree.
Ms. Shadowtree: *smiles* Correct. I Would be dead. Dead. Dead. DEAD!
You get a cookie for today. :thumbsup:

Darn shame about all this though... I had a muslim friend who I nicknamed "sally". Nice girl. really smart too... Wonder what happened to her after she graduated though... :hmm:

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Fenrir;418059 said:
No, hell no, f**k that! Muslums build mosques at the site of a victory.
I'm actually f*cking disgusted that you would call that a victory.

Don't forget, Muslims died too - it was a victory for no one.

Also, I disapprove of organized religion so you already know my answer to this one.

KnightImmortal33

Holy Hero
Reaction score

Their has to be ulterior motives. I mean the Cordoba center...really. First, they fly a plane into the heart of our economy. Then, they decide to build a very large Mosque in the middle of a non-residential section. I respect the right of freedom of religion but this is too far.

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score

DarkenedSoul;418270 said:
I'm actually f*cking disgusted that you would call that a victory.

Don't forget, Muslims died too - it was a victory for no one.

Also, I disapprove of organized religion so you already know my answer to this one.

Dude they love that several muslims died, as far as they are concerned they went straight to heaven as martyrs. I dont consider it a victory, they do.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Fenrir;418287 said:
Dude they love that several muslims died, as far as they are concerned they went straight to heaven as martyrs. I dont consider it a victory, they do.
Oh don't be ignorant. I'm not talking about the Muslims in the plane, I'm talking about the muslims in the building itself - there was some in there. They died unknowingly just like the non-muslims did. It was not a victory.

Also, you do consider it a victory - you called it a victory.

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score

I said its a victory from their point of view. THEY call it a victory. Any muslims killed in the attack were, as far as they are concerned, either martyrs or infidel loving pigs who deserve to die. Again this is all THEIR point of view.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Really? I've never read anything about muslims thinking it's a genuine victory, got any proof?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

He's not talking about Muslims as a whole, he's talking about the Muslim "terrorists".

Shadowtree

Winner of Lil'Miss Zerg 2010
Reaction score

DarkenedSoul;418292 said:
Really? I've never read anything about muslims thinking it's a genuine victory, got any proof?

*Sigh*
While im sure not ALL muslims consider it a "victory" the extremists most certainly do. As they consider themselves "holy warriors" who have the obligation to (their book REALLY does say this) "Convert by the sword."
It is the extremists we are worried about. As this mosque will encourage them by showing America's weakness to please others in a situation where they themselves would never EVER even consider doing the same.

Edit: Haha, Necromancer11 just beat me to posting part and his answer was shorter. :p

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Isn't that like Nazi Terrorists calling the holocaust a victory due to so many Jew and other minorities dying? Of course the group causing the trouble are going to claim it's a victory, but the muslim terrorists are a small minority among muslims - it's not fair to cast out all muslims from having their worship based on such a small minority.

Mind you, I don't approve of organized religion altogether - especially when such a large sum of money is involved.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

DS, just shut up. You know what he means.