• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mosque over Ground Zero

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Mosque over Ground Zero

I semi-agree with DarkBlossom, in the sense that even in my school nobody is allowed to wear hats/hoodies no matter what religion, the Jews, Buddhists and Christians don't wear anything, but the muslim kids, especially women, walk around in the full thing, head covered and all. So either all in or all out - they're allowed to face Mecca and pray but Christians and Jews would be sent out in the hall for praying. It's almost like our society is afraid to say no to them, makes me LOL all over them (School Board) I don't know, that's just what happens at my school, not sure about others. It's okay, I just shout "Baby, this is America. Take that **** off and show some cleavage!" Just kidding, just kidding I don't do that. Gotta respect them even if I don't agree with them... maybe. Not really.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

What is there not to agree with? Their religion? They're way of living? I find it hard to believe that anyone in any school would be sent out in the hall for praying. I mean, you shouldn't be praying out loud and interrupting the lesson, and I can't believe that they would let the Muslim kids do that. So what that they where a head-wrap. It's part of their culture, since when are we not allowed to practice culture?

I'm sure if I decided to dress up like a Muslim tomorrow out of respect for their way of life, no one would kick me out of a school or tell me it's not fair that no one else can have their head covered. I'm sure this is probably over your head, and I accept that.

No one's stopping anyone from praying or doing any religious practices. As Americans, we're supposed to respect and support it. Clearly that's not happening here. And saying that is kind of racist...yeah, it just is. It's perfectly fair, and I don't understand what the problem with it is. A head dress is something different from a baseball cap.

Oops, I broke my word...once again >)

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

Sean;419739 said:
I semi-agree with DarkBlossom, in the sense that even in my school nobody is allowed to wear hats/hoodies no matter what religion, the Jews, Buddhists and Christians don't wear anything, but the muslim kids, especially women, walk around in the full thing, head covered and all. So either all in or all out - they're allowed to face Mecca and pray but Christians and Jews would be sent out in the hall for praying. It's almost like our society is afraid to say no to them, makes me LOL all over them (School Board) I don't know, that's just what happens at my school, not sure about others. It's okay, I just shout "Baby, this is America. Take that **** off and show some cleavage!" Just kidding, just kidding I don't do that. Gotta respect them even if I don't agree with them... maybe. Not really.

Bull****. Go into ANY school wearing ANY religious hat/clothing (even if you arn't that religion). They won't dare to make you take it off. They can't do so legally.

They don't send anyone out into the hall to pray either. Not that anyone prays at school anyway, but if someone was to try, once again they would not dare stop you. They other kids might pick on you though.

Oh yeah, just in case the point hasn't gotten accross yet. Its not at Ground Zero. Its not within sight of Ground Zero (large buildings in the way). Its not a Mosque. Its not at Ground Zero. And its not at Ground Zero.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Sean, whenever the redneck in you comes out, I lose a lot of respect for you.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

TJ Griffin;419745 said:
Bull****. Go into ANY school wearing ANY religious hat/clothing (even if you arn't that religion). They won't dare to make you take it off. They can't do so legally.

They don't send anyone out into the hall to pray either. Not that anyone prays at school anyway, but if someone was to try, once again they would not dare stop you. They other kids might pick on you though.

Oh yeah, just in case the point hasn't gotten accross yet. Its not at Ground Zero. Its not within sight of Ground Zero (large buildings in the way). Its not a Mosque. Its not at Ground Zero. And its not at Ground Zero.

Visit the school I go to and you'll see. They do it all the time.

& yeah we got that after the like fifth post of someone saying that. I'll go back and put those posts in bold/underlined/italics too! This thread wasn't me saying what happened and what is - more like WHAT I HEARD as stated twice before, I've heard numerous rumors about different locations - different reasons - different buildings. Holy ****.

Arseface;419763 said:
Sean, whenever the redneck in you comes out, I lose a lot of respect for you.

Did you read the "Just kidding" part? As in it was a joke. I'll put it in bold for you. And underlined. And italics.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Sean, just because you say "just kidding" after something doesn't make it less offensive.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Sean;419739 said:

Really? My high school let the more pious Jewish guys wear their yarmulke, and the token Sikh kid wore his turban (and this was in rural/suburban conservative-as-hell land). My elementary school let the token Muslim girl wear her headscarf, and one of the girls who I knew from work did the same. (EDIT: Should specify that high school was conservative-land, while elementary was Democrat-land. But still.)

They also let you wear hats and stuff for medical reasons- like when my sister lost her hair during her cancer treatment.

Also, I seriously doubt that you'd get sent out ion the hall for praying unless you were doing something stupid on top of that. I'm sorry, I just don't see you as a reliable source of information.

Sean;419800 said:

So, in the five different schools I've attended, plus the additional two my brother and sister went to, nothing like that happened, but because some random guy on the internet claims that his school does something different, I'm supposed to... what, decide that everyone around him is an idiot?

Sean;419800 said:
& yeah we got that after the like fifth post of someone saying that. I'll go back and put those posts in bold/underlined/italics too! This thread wasn't me saying what happened and what is - more like WHAT I HEARD as stated twice before, I've heard numerous rumors about different locations - different reasons - different buildings. Holy ****.

I heard that Christians kill a parishoner, drink their blood, and eat their flesh every month. They call it "Communion," and it's supposed to reenact something in the Bible. And I heard that all Christian fathers rape their daughters on their thirteenth birthday. And I also heard that all white women are easy, and white men have tiny little dicks. And I heard that all people who call themselves "Sean," are secretly transvestites. "Shawn" is a girl's name, and only women are given it. "Sean" is what they change it to when they get a sex change.

My point being that spreading unsubstantiated rumors and trying to get people ****ed off over something on that basis rather than going for facts is just obnoxious.

Sean;419800 said:
Did you read the "Just kidding" part? As in it was a joke. I'll put it in bold for you. And underlined. And italics.

When I see a cute little piece of ass with a cross dangling between her tits, I like to yell, "get rid of that thing! It's ruining my view!" And then I grab her ass. And get a good feel. JUST KIDDING, I DON'T DO THAT.

ali1238

would you kindly
Reaction score

TJ Griffin;419745 said:

It seems that only you and a few others on this forum actually have any common sense. I bet half the people on this topic only read one source regarding this topic.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

ali1238;419843 said:
It seems that only you and a few others on this forum actually have any common sense. I bet half the people on this topic only read one source regarding this topic.

Spot on mate! I only read one source! ;D

@Walker: You make me laugh so much. You truly make me appreciate who I am and, you bring many lulz to me.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

Sean;419800 said:

Then they are in violation of the law.

Sean;419800 said:
Read:
TJ Griffin;419745 said:
just in case

That wasn't directed at you. It was directed at everyone, everywhere. I'm sick of hearing about the "Ground Zero Mosque" everywhere I go. The Ground Zero Mosque does not exist.

Oh, and I can read normal print just fine, thank you. There is no need to get so defensive.