• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why You Should Throw Out Your Xbox 360 and Love The PlayStation 3

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Its really light. I guess some would say thats a good thing, but feels cheap like im gunna break it
You will be surprised. I managed to break a Xbox 360 controller, but breaking a PlayStation 3 one is harder.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
You will be surprised. I managed to break a Xbox 360 controller, but breaking a PlayStation 3 one is harder.
I broke my wii controller when i wacked it against the arm of my chair. Wouldn't track properly after. Then i fixed it again by beating it against the floor.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
I broke my wii controller when i wacked it against the arm of my chair. Wouldn't track properly after. Then i fixed it again by beating it against the floor.
The Wii is rather sensible... Try hitting your Xbox 360 against the wall and then the PlayStation 3 one. Although that would be pointless. It's lighter and more minimalist, and it gets some time to adapt, but the Xbox 360 is more comfortable.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I find Playstation controllers a little awkward too. For the longest time, when I was a kid, the only consoles I played were Playstation 2s that my friends owned. None of my friends owned an Xbox or an Xbox 360, so Playstation controllers were all I used. I just got used to it since I didn't really know anything else, but when I got my 360, the controllers just felt so much better than all those Playstation ones I had been using. They're just much more curvy and they conform to your hands much better.

Im exactly the same I was always an avid PS1 and PS2 gamer but their controllers feel like toys now and I cant use them after using the 360 one. The 360 controller is the best console controller ive ever used and ive owned a lot. Just feels really comfortable, all buttons are in good reach and like a mix of the best features of 4 different controllers. Sonys controllers feel too light and buttons just dont feel right anymore.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Get a PS3? But why? I already have a George Foreman grill...

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Atleast the PS3 controller isn't the original Xbox controller. Not only did it feel like you were swinging 'round a brick but the thing was so awkward to hold.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Console was a scam.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Atleast the PS3 controller isn't the original Xbox controller. Not only did it feel like you were swinging 'round a brick but the thing was so awkward to hold.

I disliked the original Xbox one at first because it was so chunky but I got used to it, was just awkward to hit the white and black buttons. They did rectify it with the controller S which was better and then made the 360 version after they discontinued the Xbox so could say that they learnt from it.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I disliked the original Xbox one at first because it was so chunky but I got used to it, was just awkward to hit the white and black buttons. They did rectify it with the controller S which was better and then made the 360 version after they discontinued the Xbox so could say that they learnt from it.

The 360 controller was such a vast improvement from the Xbox controller. I never invested in the controller S, I just had the vanilla version, sadly. But man, was that thing awkward as hell. Sometimes I'd switch back to my PS2 and breath a sigh of relief.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
the concaved analog sticks (with rubber surface) should be the new standard in controller designs.

I never really thought about that before, but you're definitely right. Those analog sticks are vastly superior to the ones on Playstation controllers. Also, my roommate brought his PS3 back from our friend's place (he hasn't had a TV to play it on here so it's been at our friend's place for many months), and I took another look at the controllers. I noticed that the analog sticks are also much more sensitive than the ones on my 360 controllers. It's much harder to just push them just a little bit in one direction than it is on the 360.

And about the original Xbox controller, I'm actually pretty curious as to what that feels like again. I only actually used those things a few times.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
I actually despise PS3/PS2 controllers very much. I have an Xbox 360 now, but I had a PS2 in the past and can honestly say the Xbox 360 controller seems to fit perfectly into one's hand. The PS3 is a little too skimpy and the joysticks seem to sensitive for my touch. I prefer Xbox 360 over-all, however, games like Resistance: Fall of Man, God of War, Uncharted, Infamous etc are PS3 exclusives that appeal to me, and the free online is also a plus. (unless they no longer have free online). However, all pluses and minuses considered, I don't think I'll be buying a PS3 soon. In the future I may buy a PS3 strictly for the PS3 exclusives, as for now there's just not enough I think I would enjoy, and if there are, I already have them or planning on getting them for the Xbox 360.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
You named your Xbox 360?

I named by hdd and memory cards, my hd is named megatron and my two memory cards are named jade & jack. Anyway I'd agree with queen there are many 360 exclusives and I wouldn't abandon my 360 either I've been wanting a ps3 though alot of games I'd like to play.