• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 2 storyline ideas

• Thread starter HunterOfEmoKids
  • Start date
T

theKraken

Re: Fable 2 storyline ideas

Wait a minute, 500 year doesn't matter. Scythe is second oldest (Jack being first), right? We already know how Jack lived so long (posession of different bodies), but what about Scythe? How did he live for all the millenia(sp)? Then there is the question of the Temples of Skorm and Avo(donate so much and become 10 years younger).

P.S.
I am confused, the oracle says that a trader started the temple of Avo and Chapel of Skorm, right? well, why would he (the Trader) want people's souls (chapel)? and why if Skorm never existed what about the bow?

and another thing, the temples were built centuries before Fable 1, right? If people believed in them centuries after they were built, why wouldn't they in another 5?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

theKraken;42058 said:
Wait a minute, 500 year doesn't matter. Scythe is second oldest (Jack being first), right? We already know how Jack lived so long (posession of different bodies), but what about Scythe? How did he live for all the millenia(sp)? Then there is the question of the Temples of Skorm and Avo(donate so much and become 10 years younger).

P.S.
I am confused, the oracle says that a trader started the temple of Avo and Chapel of Skorm, right? well, why would he (the Trader) want people's souls (chapel)? and why if Skorm never existed what about the bow?

and another thing, the temples were built centuries before Fable 1, right? If people believed in them centuries after they were built, why wouldn't they in another 5?

The trader didn't want peoples SOULS the trader wanted money. Over time I'm assuming the way the temples worked changed from what her prefered and people just ran with the "religions" he invented.

And believe in who? The oracle's or Avo & Skorm? Because I didn't say they weren't going to, I just said that they don't really exist.

Also, you can't just keep donating to the temple. You get one age reduction and that's it. As for Scythe, he looks undead to me.

so I think 500 years will matter in some way, after all "Albion has changed, and grown"

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Plenty of cultures in the real world have changed and evolved over time - the religions of the UK for example are very different to what they used to be and 500 years is a long time depending on the era. We tend to think like post-modernists but Fable 2 will still be very much in the past and there is every chance that what the people of Albion believe in will have altered to a greater or lesser degree.

T

theKraken

one more thing, if the shrine wanted the soul of the oldest hero, and scythe is second oldest how can we choose to take the Guildmaster's? So, technically Guildmaster, Scythe and Nostro are all the same age (logically at least). I personally agree with you that scythe looks undead, but logically Weaver is just as old and he is not undead. Lastly, if Nostro is the founder of the Guild, and judging by the stories, he must be centuries old. N=G, N=>199, so G=>199

D

dark_hart

theKraken;42058 said:

P.S.

u have a point, maybe ur just rite, +rep:)

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

theKraken;42128 said:
one more thing, if the shrine wanted the soul of the oldest hero, and scythe is second oldest how can we choose to take the Guildmaster's? So, technically Guildmaster, Scythe and Nostro are all the same age (logically at least). I personally agree with you that scythe looks undead, but logically Weaver is just as old and he is not undead. Lastly, if Nostro is the founder of the Guild, and judging by the stories, he must be centuries old. N=G, N=>199, so G=>199

Who the hell is weaver???

And why take the guildmaster? because he's annoying.

H

Hexadecimal

Sephiroxas;42138 said:

... Weaver is the Guildmaster... if you talk to the Oracle you can learn his past as well as his name...

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;42152 said:
... Weaver is the Guildmaster... if you talk to the Oracle you can learn his past as well as his name...

oh..Well...Hmmm..I didn't know that. I don't like talking to the orcales. Even though I read through the oracle faq, I guess it just didn't register.

T

theKraken

Sephiroxas;42138 said:

And why take the guildmaster? because he's annoying.
I completly agree *Death to the Guildmaster* I would have preferred to have fought him as opposed to kicking him and then stabing. so gay

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

theKraken;42163 said:
I completly agree *Death to the Guildmaster* I would have preferred to have fought him as opposed to kicking him and then stabing. so gay

Yeah that cutscene part was dumb. I wanted to kill him.

And try to refrain from the word "gay" on the forums. Might offend someone. :ninja:

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

The only thing that made up for it was the fact that he spends the entire game telling you how he can "break you" and then doesn't actually manage it...I was so disappointed with the cutscene that I had to go on a quick murdering rampage to make up for it...

C

ChikenChaser001

yeah, i didn't like not having the ability to do my own dirty work with killing weaver. and the whole fight was stupid, i didn't want to fight guards! I wanted to fight him, like i fought maze, whisper, briar rose, and thunder (i enjoyed killing all of them, especially that annoying thunder *****ing about how i killed his sister... who cares?).

my only ideas for a new story would be to stay away from the old game's characters because they all would've died by then except maybe for Scythe who is a zombie or vampire or a slim jim or something else that's really grose and lasts forever. i'd like to maybe read their tombs or something and see some physical symilarities like the lighthouse, the sundial, and landmarks like them.
i want a story line that would keep it from becoming too linear so you can side with the good or the bad in the quests. like at a certain point you can choose to play the good path story or the evil path story.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Scythe isn't undead he just fell into Skorm's Acid Bath while sacrificing an innocent in attempts to get Skorm's Bow

I hope you get to play the game as a kid for a while and not training to play the game.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Albion Knight;42896 said:
Scythe isn't undead he just fell into Skorm's Acid Bath while sacrificing an innocent in attempts to get Skorm's Bow

I hope you get to play the game as a kid for a while and not training to play the game.

how is scythe NOT undead? Maze even says at the beginning that he's just a shell.

J

Jester.

hehehe slim jims...any way i think that old refernces would be awesome just ited be hard for them to make it dirctly on fable 1s story line since technicly if u kept the sword you kinda shoulda owned every1 and thier sister. but ited be cool if like you could find books and stuff on it.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Jester.;43547 said:
hehehe slim jims...any way i think that old refernces would be awesome just ited be hard for them to make it dirctly on fable 1s story line since technicly if u kept the sword you kinda shoulda owned every1 and thier sister. but ited be cool if like you could find books and stuff on it.

Ahh Just simple story line connections "Jack of Blades once was a great evil" Or "a town of oakvale was once raided by bandits...filthy bandits"

Just random things people say when you walk by like in fable "hook coast? No one goes there, no one comes from there."

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Schyte is indeed an Undead. If you've ever played DnD and have some knowledge about Liches you'll know what I am talking about.

Liches are, or were, powerful Wizards, often Necromancers, who reaches such a high level of power that they could bing their souls to an item called a [SIZE=-1]Phylactery, leaving them immortal in their now souless bodies. The bodies decay leaving them with their undead form, and aslong as the [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Phylactery isn't destroyed the Lich can not die, his physical body is but a mere shell that will be rebuilt if destroyed, aslong as the [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Phylactery is intact.

Now, most Liches are powerhungry/and or just plain evil, some Wizards made this "sacrifice" to be able to watch over their people, or some other noble cause, for eternity.

I imagine Schyte being just that. ^_^
[/SIZE]

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;43596 said:
Schyte is indeed an Undead. If you've ever played DnD and have some knowledge about Liches you'll know what I am talking about.

Liches are, or were, powerful Wizards, often Necromancers, who reaches such a high level of power that they could bing their souls to an item called a [SIZE=-1]Phylactery, leaving them immortal in their now souless bodies. The bodies decay leaving them with their undead form, and aslong as the [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Phylactery isn't destroyed the Lich can not die, his physical body is but a mere shell that will be rebuilt if destroyed, aslong as the [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Phylactery is intact.

Now, most Liches are powerhungry/and or just plain evil, some Wizards made this "sacrifice" to be able to watch over their people, or some other noble cause, for eternity.

I imagine Schyte being just that. ^_^
[/SIZE]

I do believe Jack is a sort of Lich is he not? :unsure:

I found a mesh of him with even less scales, more blood and bones sticking out.:ninja:

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Hmmm...I wouldn't say Lich, in the traditional sense.

He might very well be due to the fact that he "is" not a solid body, but a consciousness inhabiting different bodies, but the fact that he is "reborn" as the Dragon might hint that he is infact a Dragon, a very powerful one at that, being able to live on as a consciousness. As Dragons are very rare, and not much is known about them it might be very possible for them to have that kind of power, binding their souls into an item to be immortal, in this case Jack's Mask. So while he might have Lich-like powers, I don't think he is one, merely that Dragons or atleast some extremely powerful ones had this kind of power.

Atleast, that's the conclusioun I came up with when finishing the game. :ninja:

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;43602 said:
Hmmm...I wouldn't say Lich, in the traditional sense.

He might very well be due to the fact that he "is" not a solid body, but a consciousness inhabiting different bodies, but the fact that he is "reborn" as the Dragon might hint that he is infact a Dragon, a very powerful one at that, being able to live on as a consciousness. As Dragons are very rare, and not much is known about them it might be very possible for them to have that kind of power, binding their souls into an item to be immortal, in this case Jack's Mask. So while he might have Lich-like powers, I don't think he is one, merely that Dragons or atleast some extremely powerful ones had this kind of power.

Atleast, that's the conclusioun I came up with when finishing the game. :ninja:

My boyfriend calls him a dracolich. :p
A dracolich resembles a normal, living dragon at first, but as time goes, it ages and begins to partially decompose, so a very old dracolich really looks like a corpse, and may even be part skeleton.
Despite its wretched appearance, however, a dracolich is a very powerful opponent, with a very high challenge rating, since firstly it possesses both many weapons and plenty of minions. Usually it's evil chromatic dragons like black, blue and red dragons who become dracoliches, due to the evil magic involved in their creation; however, rumors spread about other kinds of dragons submitting to the process as well.
Dracoliches are created from evil dragons through some powerful necromantic magics. Basically, it consists of the dragon first dying and then taking over its own corpse. However, it also gains a vessel called a phylactery, or soul jar, in which its spirit is actually stored as well as retreats if the dracolich's body becomes destroyed. Thus, it is important to destroy both the dracolich's body and its phylactery or the monster will be back.

but you could be right too. :ninja: