• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Oh God No, They're Back.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Oh God No, They're Back.

Walker;402792 said:
Seriously, put in a damn screen. It's not that hard, unless you have to let your cats out.

Well, I live in the basement and I've just got one of them windows that is more of a tiny slot in the wall than an actual window, so...

Walker;402800 said:
Gahdamn cats. Would you want them in YOUR house? Watching your every move with those beady little eyes, sharpening their claws, preparing for their eventual revolt and seizure of the world's governments.

And I for one welcome our new feline overlords and like to remind them that as a trusted authority figure I can be useful in rounding up others to toil in their catnip mines.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Walker;402800 said:
Gahdamn cats. Would you want them in YOUR house? Watching your every move with those beady little eyes, sharpening their claws, preparing for their eventual revolt and seizure of the world's governments.

When you're slaving away in their catnip mines, you'll regret letting them into your house.

All the more reason to get a dog instead.

In Australia I think they're not allowed to be let out, because of the likelyhood that they'll turn feral and start eating kangaroos and wombats.

Tsuyu;402812 said:
Well, I live in the basement and I've just got one of them windows that is more of a tiny slot in the wall than an actual window, so...

Can you not get screens for tiny windows? And I didn't even know it went above freezing in Sweden.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Tsuyu;402736 said:
At least I can take solice in that malaria is just about nonexistant in the cold north where I live. So while they are annoying, they're at least not potentially dangerous.

Well, they're not potentially dangerous in most of the world anyway. Malaria's not really a problem is most modernized industrial countries. Africa's just about the only place you hear about that has a Malaria problem, and it's not even all of Africa.

Daemon300;402774 said:
That's why I like living in a city, in England :)

I thought you were Polish. o_O

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Arseface;402816 said:
And I didn't even know it went above freezing in Sweden.

I live on the south east coast of Sweden. We get some nice summers, about 20-30, even 30 degrees Celsius if we're luck (or unluck s it were).

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

fact: mosquitos hate tobacco smoke.
smoke cigarettes and hardly be bitten for the rest of your life.

LobotomizedLOVE

Pistol Fiend
Reaction score

I don't mind them that much. I don't get bitten that often, I guess I don't taste good. xP

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

My dad has a soft heart for cats. They just HAVE to be let out, or they sit there all lanky and depressed. Until you open a window. Then they just perk up and go outside.

And I dislike fans. A cold wind is nothing compared to a cold aura. And it blows my hair all over the place and annoys the **** out of me.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score

Firis;402811 said:
They're eating her, and then they're going to eat me... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!

I know what that's from. I don't know the film or anything. But I recognise it.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Necromancer11;402822 said:
I thought you were Polish. o_O

I am Polish, but I am living in England :d

:wacko:

This must be the 100th time I'm saying it :S

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Skotekal;402866 said:
My dad has a soft heart for cats. They just HAVE to be let out, or they sit there all lanky and depressed. Until you open a window. Then they just perk up and go outside.

And I dislike fans. A cold wind is nothing compared to a cold aura. And it blows my hair all over the place and annoys the **** out of me.

I like the wind but... Same problem, then you spend twenty hours working out the knots in your hair because you forgot a pony tail.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Tsuyu;402812 said:

And I for one welcome our new feline overlords and like to remind them that as a trusted authority figure I can be useful in rounding up others to toil in their catnip mines.

Here is my three-step redneck/ghetto plan for solving that.

1. Go to hardware store.

2. Buy screen material.

3. Duct-tape around windows, make sure it's the outside so you can still open them.

Authority figure? WHAT. You're going to sell out your fellow forumgoers?

Tsuyu;402826 said:
I live on the south east coast of Sweden. We get some nice summers, about 20-30, even 30 degrees Celsius if we're luck (or unluck s it were).

Dear sir: I hope you realize that 68 degrees is absurdly beautiful for a summer day, probably on its way to being chilly. 86 degrees is pretty warm, I have to admit. But it's nothing out of the ordinary, and it could be a HELL of a lot worse.

And I have to admit I'm amused at the way that converted. 68-86 degrees, I mean.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;402853 said:
fact: mosquitos hate tobacco smoke.
smoke cigarettes and hardly be bitten for the rest of your life.

How 'bout weed smoke?

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

I hate them. They nested in my pool. Those stupid little **** *** **** **** ** * ***** ** ***********. I hope that shows my hatred.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;402826 said:

Hah, we consistently get above 40 degree weather in summer. And we live in the cold part of Australia. 30 is pleasant weather. Pffft, 30 degree summers....

Skotekal;402866 said:

Why don't they live in his room then?

Skotekal;402866 said:

Then get one of those portable airconditioners.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

I hate 'em!

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Can I whine? Please? Apparently 86 is Tsuyu's high (look, if you aren't translating your temperatures, I'm not). It was 82 here an hour ago, at eight in the morning.

Plus, I went running down by the pond in my town and **** YOU YOU ****ING MOSQUITO MOTHER****ERS. And the gnats. They were pretty irritating, too, running into my mouth and ****.

Arseface, I'm not talking to you, because you clearly live in a place unfit for human habitation, and thus you must be a zombie or a vampire or an alien or something else bent on my demise. (Also, can I ask how humid it is? That's the real ***** about Maryland.)

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Walker;403060 said:
Can I whine? Please? Apparently 86 is Tsuyu's high (look, if you aren't translating your temperatures, I'm not). It was 82 here an hour ago, at eight in the morning.

But farenheight-however-you-spell-it is such a ridiculous system! Celcuis makes so much more sense.

And it's pronounced *whinge*

Walker;403060 said:
Plus, I went running down by the pond in my town and **** YOU YOU ****ING MOSQUITO MOTHER****ERS. And the gnats. They were pretty irritating, too, running into my mouth and ****.

Arseface, I'm not talking to you, because you clearly live in a place unfit for human habitation, and thus you must be a zombie or a vampire or an alien or something else bent on my demise. (Also, can I ask how humid it is? That's the real ***** about Maryland.)

It's a relatively dry land. I think it's actually the driest habitable continent. But we can get waves of humidity, particularly on the east coast (where Melbourne sort of is).

And besides, the hottest recorded temperature was actually in America, so you've got no right to be calling my country of residence an uninhabitable hellhole.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

How so? How is a system nominally based on the human body temp/100 any more absurd than water's freezing-point-to-boiling/100? Plus, fahrenheit gives you a real feel for the temperature. Holy ****, it's a hundred degrees out! That's hot! 40 degrees out? Big whup. Though celsius is good for exaggerating cold. OHMIGOD it's below ZERO!

Do I look like a munchkin to you? How about a limey? It's WHINE. As in, would like some cheese with your whine?

Hey, Nevada IS an uninhabitable hellhole. So is Arizona. Maryland is not. Well... hey, at least we have oceans and mountains and **** to make up for it.

So here's what you got to do: move off the east coast, waaay inland, so where there's so little water not even a single mosquito can find a damp patch to lay and egg.

Then, die horribly at the hands of the Eight-Foot Fanged Venomous Heffalump Vine, or whatever horrible lifeforms you keep back there.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Walker;403080 said:
How so? How is a system nominally based on the human body temp/100 any more absurd than water's freezing-point-to-boiling/100? Plus, fahrenheit gives you a real feel for the temperature. Holy ****, it's a hundred degrees out! That's hot! 40 degrees out? Big whup. Though celsius is good for exaggerating cold. OHMIGOD it's below ZERO!

Well the human body temperature is a lot more variable than the freezing/boiling point of water. And how many times has it been more useful to know what temperature the human body should be than the freezing or boiling point of water?

But they're both ridiculous next to the Kelvin system.

Walker;403080 said:
Do I look like a munchkin to you? How about a limey? It's WHINE. As in, would like some cheese with your whine?

But whine sounds like a sound a horse makes. Whinge (as in minge with a wh) sounds like what it actually is.

Walker;403080 said:
Hey, Nevada IS an uninhabitable hellhole. So is Arizona. Maryland is not. Well... hey, at least we have oceans and mountains and **** to make up for it.

Hey, Australia has heaps of mountains, and a lot more ocean than America does. We're an island, remember?

Walker;403080 said:
So here's what you got to do: move off the east coast, waaay inland, so where there's so little water not even a single mosquito can find a damp patch to lay and egg.

Then, die horribly at the hands of the Eight-Foot Fanged Venomous Heffalump Vine, or whatever horrible lifeforms you keep back there.

At least we know that if our countries got involved in some kind of wildlife based war, then Australia would **** all over you guys. What's you're guys most dangerous animal? The honey-badger?

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Actually Mosquitoes are a minor inconvenience here. My main ***** is this:

Arachnids, not so much of a worry, though they do creep me out.
No matter what we spray or how much, I still get Centipedes. Blech
Gnats swarm in the MILLIONS.
Mud Daubers are jerks here.
And every summer, some sort of Bee or Wasp makes it's home in the bushes right outside.