• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Oh God No, They're Back.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Re: Oh God No, They're Back.

ali1238;404404 said:
Thats the Celsius system +273... So its like starting the Celsius system at a different point. Also starting from absolute zero is pointless in every day application.

EDIT: no mosquitoes here, and I live moderately close to a large water source. Feels good man.

Kelvin isn't used for everyday applications. It's specifically a scientific scale. And both of us know this.

Lucky *******. Maryland is basically one big swamp. Every damn part of this state has the mosquitoes. The only places with some relief are western Maryland (where it's a bit colder, up in the mountains) and eastern Maryland, on the Atlantic coast, where the wind can get rid of them a bit. If you're at the beach, at least. And even then you have to deal with horseflies and ticks and **** instead.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Walker;404379 said:
Do you really need to be setting your fridge that often? I mean, do it once and be done with it. But you need an idea of how cold it is outside all the time. And 40 just isn't impressive. 103, on the other hand, is very impressive. Incidentally, the thermometer we have outside says it's that hot now. **** me over.

And how often are you trying to determine the time of death for a corpse?

Walker;404379 said:
EDIT: And exactly. If it's over 100, you know it's really bad, you've got a nasty fever.

You know, thinking about it, the fahrenheit system suits the American attitude towards everything: bigger is better. Cars, numbers, people (not that we can talk, because we've overtaken you), probably some other things.

Walker;404379 said:
Actually, the noise I made was more along the lines of "mooooom."

Yeah, it's the noise you make just before that.

Walker;404379 said:
And we have way cooler bays and barrier islands, so it balances out.

What's a barrier island? A bunch of sand that couldn't all fit in the ocean. A barrier reef is a living organism.

Walker;404379 said:
Look, if it's that freaky looking it gets honorary "deadly" status. Well-known fact.

So does that mean that all sea life gets honorary deadly status?

Arseface;404304 said:
Besides, we've got the deadly Funnelweb! Again, such a creative name.[/quote[

Walker;404379 said:
Oh, yeah? Well I got a spider in my backyard who made a web shaped like a funnel! So, ha!

Yeah, but ours can kill you. Kill you baaaaad.

Walker;404379 said:
Why not? Coyotes are pretty badass. And are we allowed to let the wolves come back from their banishment and repeatedy-getting-shot status to join in?

Only if we can bring our Tasmanian Tigers back from their recent extinction.

And to clarify, we're not allowed to use animals that were introduced after European settlement. So no horses,

Walker;404379 said:
Nope. Not remotely. Though I missed that part.

Also, did I mention that I went to the National Aquarium in Baltimore on the 4th? I had forgotten that it had an Australian section, and I got to go visit all your little birdies and intimidating reptiles and token tarantulas and even some actual fish!

Also, got to watch a couplea turtles going at it. That was fun.

Hey, are we allowed to use sea life in this war, or is there too much overlap?

ali1238;404404 said:
Thats the Celsius system +273... So its like starting the Celsius system at a different point. Also starting from absolute zero is pointless in every day application.

I don't see why not. It's no more pointless than the celcius or fahrenheit systems.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Arseface;404474 said:
And how often are you trying to determine the time of death for a corpse?

Never. And what good would it do you? My point is that 100 degrees just SOUNDS hotter. And it really is hot. 40 degrees celsius is hot, but it doesn't sound as good.

Arseface;404474 said:
You know, thinking about it, the fahrenheit system suits the American attitude towards everything: bigger is better. Cars, numbers, people (not that we can talk, because we've overtaken you), probably some other things.

I had a really hard time not saying "...big cocks." Also, while I like trucks and big old battletank vans like the Aerostar and the Econoline, what I actually drive is a tiny little hatchback Nissan Versa. So that's kinda moot. Also, really? You guys have more than our 300 million-some? Since when?

Arseface;404474 said:
What's a barrier island? A bunch of sand that couldn't all fit in the ocean. A barrier reef is a living organism.

No, a reef is a bunch of living organisms living on the dead husk of older organisms. Similarly, a barrier island is a bunch of living organisms living on the dead husk of older organisms and rocks all ground up fine.

Arseface;404474 said:
So does that mean that all sea life gets honorary deadly status?

No. Sharks are adorable.

Arseface;404474 said:
Only if we can bring our Tasmanian Tigers back from their recent extinction.

Wolves aren't extinct. They're just hunted to much smaller numbers.

Arseface;404474 said:
And to clarify, we're not allowed to use animals that were introduced after European settlement. So no horses.

So no dingoes. They're descended from feral dogs, remember?

Arseface;404474 said:
Hey, are we allowed to use sea life in this war, or is there too much overlap?

The only sea life I can think of that you have and we don't is that one tiny little poisonous octopus. And I only know that because I just went to the aquarium. But we might have more irritating jellyfish. And electric eels, possibly.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Walker;404481 said:
Never. And what good would it do you? My point is that 100 degrees just SOUNDS hotter. And it really is hot. 40 degrees celsius is hot, but it doesn't sound as good.

I had a really hard time not saying "...big cocks." Also, while I like trucks and big old battletank vans like the Aerostar and the Econoline, what I actually drive is a tiny little hatchback Nissan Versa. So that's kinda moot. Also, really? You guys have more than our 300 million-some? Since when?

Exactly, it's all about sounding more impressive than you actually are.

Walker;404481 said:
No, a reef is a bunch of living organisms living on the dead husk of older organisms. Similarly, a barrier island is a bunch of living organisms living on the dead husk of older organisms and rocks all ground up fine.

Ah, touche. Still though, reefs are cooler than islands. And we've got our own tropical paradises. It's just that most of them have detention centres on them.

Walker;404481 said:
Wolves aren't extinct. They're just hunted to much smaller numbers.

Yeah, but thats how Tasmanian Tigers went extinct.

Walker;404481 said:
So no dingoes. They're descended from feral dogs, remember?

Domesticated dogs who became feral after they crossed the land bridge from the Eurasia continent with their Aboriginal masters during the last ice age 40,000 years ago. They're native.

Walker;404481 said:
The only sea life I can think of that you have and we don't is that one tiny little poisonous octopus. And I only know that because I just went to the aquarium. But we might have more irritating jellyfish. And electric eels, possibly.

What about crocodiles? Do you have them?

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Arseface;404487 said:
Exactly, it's all about sounding more impressive than you actually are.

Oh, no, 100 degrees really IS that hot. So is 40 celsius, but it doesn't sound like it.

And yeah, you Aussies come nowhere near our population. What were you talking about there?

Arseface;404487 said:
Ah, touche. Still though, reefs are cooler than islands. And we've got our own tropical paradises. It's just that most of them have detention centres on them.

That made me laugh. So I'm going to rep you. And I wasn't actually talking about a TROPICAL paradise, per se. For that you need to go to Puerto Rico or Florida or Hawaii or someplace. I was talking about Assateague and other more northerly places like that. Which aren't full of cons, but have plenty of horse****.

Arseface;404487 said:
Yeah, but thats how Tasmanian Tigers went extinct.

But our wolves AREN'T extinct, that's my point. Neither are our buffalo, incidentally. I would love to see some buffalo-on-kangaroo action.

Arseface;404487 said:
Domesticated dogs who became feral after they crossed the land bridge from the Eurasia continent with their Aboriginal masters during the last ice age 40,000 years ago. They're native.

COME ON! So just because it was a really OLD import it gets to be counted? (Not that I actually want to use the horses, mind you, but it's the principal of the thing.)

Arseface;404487 said:
What about crocodiles? Do you have them?

Alligators. I don't know what the difference is. But they're all over Florida and Louisiana and ****. And now they're even more terrifying! Drop a match on them and you have an enraged burning ball of lizardy doom.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Walker;404491 said:
Oh, no, 100 degrees really IS that hot. So is 40 celsius, but it doesn't sound like it.

Yeah, and using fahrenheit makes it sound hotter than it is. We don't need any of those flash numbers.

Walker;404481 said:
And yeah, you Aussies come nowhere near our population. What were you talking about there?

Sorry, I was talking about the percentage of obese people. You guys used to have the most, but now we do.

Walker;404481 said:
But our wolves AREN'T extinct, that's my point. Neither are our buffalo, incidentally. I would love to see some buffalo-on-kangaroo action.

I'd love to see a buffalo catch a kangaroo.

Walker;404481 said:
COME ON! So just because it was a really OLD import it gets to be counted? (Not that I actually want to use the horses, mind you, but it's the principal of the thing.)

It's had long enough to adapt and reach an equilibrium with the rest of the native wildlife. It's been here for as long as our Aboriginees have, and we consider them native.

Walker;404481 said:
Alligators. I don't know what the difference is. But they're all over Florida and Louisiana and ****. And now they're even more terrifying! Drop a match on them and you have an enraged burning ball of lizardy doom.

Crocodiles are way bigger. That's the difference. Also, they're all ****ed off at Steve Irwin.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Arseface;404499 said:
Yeah, and using fahrenheit makes it sound hotter than it is. We don't need any of those flash numbers.

No, fahrenheit makes it sound as hot as it really is. ****ing 95 degrees at the moment.

Arseface;404499 said:
Sorry, I was talking about the percentage of obese people. You guys used to have the most, but now we do.

Oh, cool.

Arseface;404499 said:
I'd love to see a buffalo catch a kangaroo.

You'd be surprised. Buffalo can haul ass when they have a mind to.

Arseface;404499 said:
It's had long enough to adapt and reach an equilibrium with the rest of the native wildlife. It's been here for as long as our Aboriginees have, and we consider them native.

Well, good, so have our horses. We have wild horses all over our barrier islands and a few other places. And I'm sure our Assateague ponies could kick the **** out of a crocodile. And then eat it. Seriously, the ****ers will eat enything that'll hold still long enough.

Arseface;404499 said:
Crocodiles are way bigger. That's the difference. Also, they're all ****ed off at Steve Irwin.

Not true. Well, the second bit is. But I think the rays were more ****ed than the crocs... and we have lots of rays.

HORRIBLE TASTELESS JOKE.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Walker;404656 said:
No, fahrenheit makes it sound as hot as it really is. ****ing 95 degrees at the moment.

But it's not 95 degrees. It's 36 or so. once you pass into the 100s, you're skin should be turning black.

Walker;404656 said:
You'd be surprised. Buffalo can haul ass when they have a mind to.

Kangaroos can jump at up to 70 kilometres per hour. You're buffalo aren't even buffalo. They're bison, which is basically like the difference between a bull and a cow, if you're wondering.

Walker's pussy American Buffalo

buffalo.jpg

I can't take something that wears a fluffy hat as dangerous

Real Buffalo
TrueBuffalo.jpg

This thing is basically all horns and hooves. They killed Simba's dad!

Walker;404656 said:
Well, good, so have our horses. We have wild horses all over our barrier islands and a few other places. And I'm sure our Assateague ponies could kick the **** out of a crocodile. And then eat it. Seriously, the ****ers will eat enything that'll hold still long enough.

You had horses in precolumbian times? Didn't know that.

Walker;404656 said:
Not true. Well, the second bit is. But I think the rays were more ****ed than the crocs... and we have lots of rays.

Wikipedia said:
The saltwater or estuarine crocodile (Crocodylus porosus) is the largest of all living reptiles.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Arseface;404850 said:
But it's not 95 degrees. It's 36 or so. once you pass into the 100s, you're skin should be turning black.

I take offense at that. Not all black people are burnt into a crisp.

Arseface;404850 said:
Kangaroos can jump at up to 70 kilometres per hour. You're buffalo aren't even buffalo. They're bison, which is basically like the difference between a bull and a cow, if you're wondering.

Yeah, buffalo can only make about 40 mph. Bu--hey! WAITAMINUTE. [goes to google] HEY! Cheater! 70 kph is about 40 mph. No fair! And there was you talking about how us Americans always needing to be bigger and better.

And yeah, I don't think you know what those words mean.

Arseface;404850 said:
Walker's pussy American Buffalo

buffalo.jpg

I can't take something that wears a fluffy hat as dangerous

Real Buffalo
TrueBuffalo.jpg

This thing is basically all horns and hooves. They killed Simba's dad!

Fluffy hat means that when enraged things with teeth are ripping at it not a damn thing happens.

But here's the thing: You don't have cape buffalo either. All you have are little lightweight kangaroos, which would get pulverized by an enraged bison easy. Seriously, do YOU want to be the one to **** with that thing's cute, fuzzy little baby? I know I wouldn't.

Arseface;404850 said:
You had horses in precolumbian times? Didn't know that.

Nobody knows when we got them, honestly. The consensus is "some ship sank and dumped the ****ers here." But just because it was within the last 500 years or so doesn't mean they're less settled-in than the wild dogs.

EDIT: And yeah, the biggest croc is larger than the biggest gator, but there's a lot of variation. They're really broad classifications. I think the smallest croc is smaller than the smallest gator, too, though that might be a complete fabrication.

EDIT: The smallest croc is around 75 inches, or 6 and a quarter feet, at MAX. The average gator in the US is 13 ft, at least the Florida ones. Couldn't tell you what the smallest one is, but apparently Chinese ones average 6 ft. Which is better than a 6-ft maximum.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Walker;404853 said:
Yeah, buffalo can only make about 40 mph. Bu--hey! WAITAMINUTE. [goes to google] HEY! Cheater! 70 kph is about 40 mph. No fair! And there was you talking about how us Americans always needing to be bigger and better.

First of all, the using of the metric system is just sensible. We're not trying to compare the size of our penises to the rest of the world. It's decided by the decimal system, which we count with, and not because some mental case saw it layed out in a bunch of animal entrails. 10 millimetres in a centimetre, 100 centimetres in a metre, 1000 metres in a kilometre. Non of this 12 inches in a foot, 3 feet in a yard, 4.3 pints in a gallon, except if you're facing west.

Second of all, did you know that this Fahrenheit guy was probably insane? He came up with the scale using three points of reference.

The first one was a bunch of seemingly random, frozen chemicals mixed together, which he made 0 degrees, the next one was a bunch of water and ice, which he called 32, and the last one was his wife's armpit, which he called 96.

And thirdly, you do know that the only countries that still use fahrenheit apart from yourselves are either third world or corrupt millitary regimes? Why do you want to be a part of that crowd?

Walker;404853 said:
Fluffy hat means that when enraged things with teeth are ripping at it not a damn thing happens.

But here's the thing: You don't have cape buffalo either. All you have are little lightweight kangaroos, which would get pulverized by an enraged bison easy. Seriously, do YOU want to be the one to **** with that thing's cute, fuzzy little baby? I know I wouldn't.

We've got crocodiles that are bigger than the ones that eat stampeding buffalo in Africa.

Walker;404853 said:
Nobody knows when we got them, honestly. The consensus is "some ship sank and dumped the ****ers here." But just because it was within the last 500 years or so doesn't mean they're less settled-in than the wild dogs.

500 years =/= 40000 years. Native American horses became extinct 10000 years ago. Your horses now aren't native. You can still use llamas though.

Walker;404853 said:
EDIT: And yeah, the biggest croc is larger than the biggest gator, but there's a lot of variation. They're really broad classifications. I think the smallest croc is smaller than the smallest gator, too, though that might be a complete fabrication.

EDIT: The smallest croc is around 75 inches, or 6 and a quarter feet, at MAX. The average gator in the US is 13 ft, at least the Florida ones. Couldn't tell you what the smallest one is, but apparently Chinese ones average 6 ft. Which is better than a 6-ft maximum.

All I'm saying is get our biggest croc to fight your biggest gator and we'll see who wins.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Arseface;404863 said:
First of all, the using of the metric system is just sensible. We're not trying to compare the size of our penises to the rest of the world. It's decided by the decimal system, which we count with, and not because some mental case saw it layed out in a bunch of animal entrails. 10 millimetres in a centimetre, 100 centimetres in a metre, 1000 metres in a kilometre. Non of this 12 inches in a foot, 3 feet in a yard, 4.3 pints in a gallon, except if you're facing west.

I don't believe you. I think one day a couple of Australians working in your version of the Coast and Geodetic Survey (or at least I think they're th guys who used to sat our measurments) sat down with a cooler full of beer and decided what you wanted to use. They chose celsius over fahrenheit because that country of yours is ungodly hot that they wanted it to at least SOUND cooler, and they chose metric because it made your cars sound faster.

Come on, man. Metric isn't based on the decimal system. It used to be one ten-millionth of the distance between equator and pole, which is just balls-out stupid. Now it's the distance traveled by light in a vacuum in some tiny fraction of a second. Sure, it's a physical constant, but can you get any more random? Why not make it something you can actually record with ludicrously accurate clocks? Like, say... okay, I don't have a leg to stand on here. Hell, even our system sets the length of a foot as a fraction of a meter.

Arseface;404863 said:
Second of all, did you know that this Fahrenheit guy was probably insane? He came up with the scale using three points of reference.

The first one was a bunch of seemingly random, frozen chemicals mixed together, which he made 0 degrees, the next one was a bunch of water and ice, which he called 32, and the last one was his wife's armpit, which he called 96.

Hey, I like to think that my system of temperature measurement was based on a German guy's kinky relationship with his wife. More human that way. You get the personal touch.

Arseface;404863 said:
And thirdly, you do know that the only countries that still use fahrenheit apart from yourselves are either third world or corrupt millitary regimes? Why do you want to be a part of that crowd?

Hey, Liberia is one of those three countries. I don't want to hear anything bad about Liberia. Liberia rocks. And do you know why? Because of THIS:

Arseface;404863 said:
We've got crocodiles that are bigger than the ones that eat stampeding buffalo in Africa.

And we have 14-foot SWAMP alligators. Getting eaten while slogging through a hellish swamp is way worse than just getting body parts bit off in a river or whatever.

Arseface;404863 said:
500 years =/= 40000 years. Native American horses became extinct 10000 years ago. Your horses now aren't native. You can still use llamas though.

So, wait, now this is the All-American-Continents vs. Australia competition? Because our wild horses are a hell of lot more native to the US than the llamas hanging around down in the Andes.

Arseface;404863 said:
All I'm saying is get our biggest croc to fight your biggest gator and we'll see who wins.

Depends on where they're fighting. If it's in the Everglades, then your crocs are ****ed. The Gigantic Death Mosquitoes will swoop down and drag them away, and the alligators will only get scraps.

If it's in the Mississippi, the the crocs will meet the Cajuns. Seriously, those guys eat ANYTHING. They'll love to mix it up a bit, get some new flavors for their mass of lizards and insectlike water beasties.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Walker;404882 said:
I don't believe you. I think one day a couple of Australians working in your version of the Coast and Geodetic Survey (or at least I think they're th guys who used to sat our measurments) sat down with a cooler full of beer and decided what you wanted to use. They chose celsius over fahrenheit because that country of yours is ungodly hot that they wanted it to at least SOUND cooler, and they chose metric because it made your cars sound faster.

They chose celcius and metric because it made more sense.

Walker;404882 said:
Come on, man. Metric isn't based on the decimal system. It used to be one ten-millionth of the distance between equator and pole, which is just balls-out stupid. Now it's the distance traveled by light in a vacuum in some tiny fraction of a second. Sure, it's a physical constant, but can you get any more random? Why not make it something you can actually record with ludicrously accurate clocks? Like, say... okay, I don't have a leg to stand on here. Hell, even our system sets the length of a foot as a fraction of a meter.

Decimal means based on ten, or multiples of ten. That means that it's in line with our natural counting system (which is itself based on the number of fingers we have). Instead of having a different, seemingly random number for each measurement, we've got tens, 100s or 1000s. Soo much easier.

Walker;404882 said:
Hey, I like to think that my system of temperature measurement was based on a German guy's kinky relationship with his wife. More human that way. You get the personal touch.

Ok, but having some science based, physical constant makes a lot more sense, and it a lot less random than some guy just finding a bunch of things in his house, measuring their temperature, and then making a scale out of it.

Walker;404882 said:
Hey, Liberia is one of those three countries. I don't want to hear anything bad about Liberia. Liberia rocks. And do you know why? Because of THIS:

It's an unhealthy obsession, Walker, and it's got to stop.

Walker;404882 said:
So, wait, now this is the All-American-Continents vs. Australia competition? Because our wild horses are a hell of lot more native to the US than the llamas hanging around down in the Andes.

I know llamas are South American, but I like to think of them as the native horse of America. It's continent versus coninent. It would be unfair to have it continent versus hemisphere.

Walker;404882 said:
And we have 14-foot SWAMP alligators. Getting eaten while slogging through a hellish swamp is way worse than just getting body parts bit off in a river or whatever.

Depends on where they're fighting. If it's in the Everglades, then your crocs are ****ed. The Gigantic Death Mosquitoes will swoop down and drag them away, and the alligators will only get scraps.

If it's in the Mississippi, the the crocs will meet the Cajuns. Seriously, those guys eat ANYTHING. They'll love to mix it up a bit, get some new flavors for their mass of lizards and insectlike water beasties.

I'm saying get them in an arena, where no one will be favoured by the environment.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Arseface;404884 said:
They chose celcius and metric because it made more sense.

Nah, it's cause they were drunk.

Arseface;404880 said:
Decimal means based on ten, or multiples of ten. That means that it's in line with our natural counting system (which is itself based on the number of fingers we have). Instead of having a different, seemingly random number for each measurement, we've got tens, 100s or 1000s. Soo much easier.

Yeah, but you only ever use 1/100th of a meter, meters, or 1000 meters. Occasionally 1/1000th of a meter. What's the point?

Arseface;404880 said:
Ok, but having some science based, physical constant makes a lot more sense, and it a lot less random than some guy just finding a bunch of things in his house, measuring their temperature, and then making a scale out of it.

Kinky armpit sex, man. Do I really need to say it again?

Arseface;404880 said:
It's an unhealthy obsession, Walker, and it's got to stop.

When you start this unhealthy Australia obsession.

Arseface;404880 said:
I know llamas are South American, but I like to think of them as the native horse of America. It's continent versus coninent. It would be unfair to have it continent versus hemisphere.

Aww, that's so nice. Then HA! We have the dangerous spitting vaguely horse-like-thing. And all the bounty of the Amazon! The Amazon has crocs, too! ha! Now we have them both! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

EDIT: Actually, looks like those are alligators too. But piranhas! The Amazon has those, right? I'm sure of it.

Arseface;404880 said:
I'm saying get them in an arena, where no one will be favoured by the environment.

What about creatures that naturally evolved on a closely-cropped lawn, like the ever-terrifying deer, ir the mole of doom?

Look, I know they didn't evolve there, really, but they SHOULD have.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Walker;404886 said:
Nah, it's cause they were drunk.

Probably, but it's a good system if a drunk guy can understand it.

Walker;404886 said:
Yeah, but you only ever use 1/100th of a meter, meters, or 1000 meters. Occasionally 1/1000th of a meter. What's the point?

It's easier than saying an inch is as long as the end of your thumb, a foot is twelve inches, etc. It'sjust such a redneck system.

Walker;404886 said:
Kinky armpit sex, man. Do I really need to say it again?

Whilst I agree that kinky armpit sex is good, I maintain that it should not be performed in the laboratory.

Walker;404886 said:
When you start this unhealthy Australia obsession.

I'm just trying to spread my sensible Australian love.

Walker;404886 said:
Aww, that's so nice. Then HA! We have the dangerous spitting vaguely horse-like-thing. And all the bounty of the Amazon! The Amazon has crocs, too! ha! Now we have them both! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

EDIT: Actually, looks like those are alligators too. But piranhas! The Amazon has those, right? I'm sure of it.

I said continent versus continent (as in Australia versus North America), not Australia versus the Western Hemisphere. Stick to your own continent, mr.

Walker;404886 said:
What about creatures that naturally evolved on a closely-cropped lawn, like the ever-terrifying deer, ir the mole of doom?

Look, I know they didn't evolve there, really, but they SHOULD have.

Then change the arena to a sterile, metal box.

Better yet: Cage match!

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Arseface;404888 said:
Probably, but it's a good system if a drunk guy can understand it.

Good point. But on the other point, your claim is that you'd have to BE drunk to come up with fahrenheit and US customary. Which is better?

Arseface;404933 said:
It's easier than saying an inch is as long as the end of your thumb, a foot is twelve inches, etc. It'sjust such a redneck system.

Actually, as I remember, a inch was the average of a couple guy's thumbs when they first created it.

Also, I prefer hillbilly, thank you. Redneck usually refers to the assholes with a hardon for the Confederate battle flag, wherever they may crop up.

Arseface;404933 said:
Whilst I agree that kinky armpit sex is good, I maintain that it should not be performed in the laboratory.

And why not? Wouldn't that make laboratories much more fun?

Arseface;404933 said:
I said continent versus continent (as in Australia versus North America), not Australia versus the Western Hemisphere. Stick to your own continent, mr.

First of all, you're the one who brought in llamas, not me. Second, OH YEAH? Well, who says that we ARE two continents, HUH? I got half a continent full of Romance-language-speakers who'll take issue with that. Oh, and some Paraguayans and stuff who don't speak a Indo-European language at all.

Arseface;404933 said:
Then change the arena to a sterile, metal box.

Better yet: Cage match!

How big a cage? Because, I mean, really, a kangaroo and a bison in a tiny cage? Who do YOU think would win?

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Well, ignoring what most was said, Ceclius and the Metric System>Fahrenheit and Imperial system. 'Nuff said.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Walker;405225 said:
Good point. But on the other point, your claim is that you'd have to BE drunk to come up with fahrenheit and US customary. Which is better?

A system which a drunk person came up with would just make it harder for everyone else to understand it, including other drunk people. If you can understand it whilst you are drunk, on the other hand, then it must be an easy to understand system.

Walker;405225 said:
Actually, as I remember, a inch was the average of a couple guy's thumbs when they first created it.

Still, there's too much arbitrary thumb measurment.

Walker;405225 said:
Also, I prefer hillbilly, thank you. Redneck usually refers to the assholes with a hardon for the Confederate battle flag, wherever they may crop up.

Hillbilly just has different connotations is all. I was going for more of an insult than anything, so I'll stick with redneck.

Walker;405225 said:
And why not? Wouldn't that make laboratories much more fun?

Kinky armpit sex should never get in the way of real science, but should be performed twice daily in private.

Walker;405225 said:
First of all, you're the one who brought in llamas, not me. Second, OH YEAH? Well, who says that we ARE two continents, HUH? I got half a continent full of Romance-language-speakers who'll take issue with that. Oh, and some Paraguayans and stuff who don't speak a Indo-European language at all.

Only because I was thinking for some reason that they were also central American, which would make them admissable. North and South America are on different continental shelves. They're only connected by the Isthmus (such a great word) of Panama, which was created by a buildup of land because of their westward movement into the pacific.

Walker;405225 said:
How big a cage? Because, I mean, really, a kangaroo and a bison in a tiny cage? Who do YOU think would win?

It's a pretty big cage. Big enough to get a decent run up happening.

Skotekal;405238 said:
Well, ignoring what most was said, Ceclius and the Metric System>Fahrenheit and Imperial system. 'Nuff said.

Deffs!

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Arseface;405246 said:
A system which a drunk person came up with would just make it harder for everyone else to understand it, including other drunk people. If you can understand it whilst you are drunk, on the other hand, then it must be an easy to understand system.

I dunno, I hear that drunk people understand some pretty whacked-out ****. Like, "hey! Let's set this mass of gunpowder on fire all at once!

Arseface;405246 said:
Still, there's too much arbitrary thumb measurment.

But it brings back fond memories of thumb wars!

Arseface;405246 said:
Hillbilly just has different connotations is all. I was going for more of an insult than anything, so I'll stick with redneck.

Well, no. Hillbilly has the same connotations but it's usually Appalachian rather than southern, meaning that you can call someone a hillbilly without instantly thinking "that guy has a red flag with a blue saltire tattooed somewhere unpleasant."

Arseface;405246 said:
Kinky armpit sex should never get in the way of real science, but should be performed twice daily in private.

I think twice daily is excessive, and it could only meet safety requirements in a controlled lab environment.

Arseface;405246 said:
Only because I was thinking for some reason that they were also central American, which would make them admissable. North and South America are on different continental shelves. They're only connected by the Isthmus (such a great word) of Panama, which was created by a buildup of land because of their westward movement into the pacific.

I subscribe to the South American View for the purposes of this argument. One continent, two segments.

Arseface;405246 said:
It's a pretty big cage. Big enough to get a decent run up happening.

And the the bison catches the kangaroo at a corner, because kangaroos are notoriously bad at cornering. (Don't lie to me, I'm certain of it.)

Arseface;405246 said:

Me, I want to know the details of this ceclius system. It sounds way more badass.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Walker;405337 said:
I dunno, I hear that drunk people understand some pretty whacked-out ****. Like, "hey! Let's set this mass of gunpowder on fire all at once!

They don't understand it, they just want to see a cool explosion.

Walker;405337 said:
But it brings back fond memories of thumb wars!

I think you're entirely missing the point here...

Walker;405337 said:
Well, no. Hillbilly has the same connotations but it's usually Appalachian rather than southern, meaning that you can call someone a hillbilly without instantly thinking "that guy has a red flag with a blue saltire tattooed somewhere unpleasant."

When I think of Hillbilly, I think of Cletus, from the Simpsons. When I think Redneck, I just think of it as an offensive way to say ultra conservative. Thats how I meant it, at least.

Walker;405337 said:
I think twice daily is excessive, and it could only meet safety requirements in a controlled lab environment.

If you think twice daily is excessive, then you're obviously not a true fan.

Walker;405337 said:
I subscribe to the South American View for the purposes of this argument. One continent, two segments.

798px-Plates_tect2_en.svg.png

See diagram above: North and South America are on different continental shelves. Both this way, and the traditional seven continents system see them as separate continents. Don't try and make yourself seem dangerous by trying to claim death mosquitos and tiger wasps or whatever it is that lives in the Amazon.

Walker;405337 said:
And the the bison catches the kangaroo at a corner, because kangaroos are notoriously bad at cornering. (Don't lie to me, I'm certain of it.)

All it's got to do is wait for the bison to charge, and then jump out of the way so it runs into the side of the cage. Easy win.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Arseface;405837 said:
They don't understand it, they just want to see a cool explosion.

But they understand that it's a good idea, don't they? I mean, really, who DOESN'T like a huge explosion? Wait, that doesn't help my argument, does it? Well, I stand by it anyway. BIG BOOMIES BUENO.

Arseface;405837 said:
I think you're entirely missing the point here...

AM I?

Arseface;405837 said:
When I think of Hillbilly, I think of Cletus, from the Simpsons. When I think Redneck, I just think of it as an offensive way to say ultra conservative. Thats how I meant it, at least.

You're not American. And the system is more Cletus than conservative. Weren't you the one who claimed it was set using armpit molestation as a standard? Seriously, that doesn't sound very conservative to ME.

Arseface;405837 said:
If you think twice daily is excessive, then you're obviously not a true fan.

I have to admit, I'm not.

Arseface;405837 said:
798px-Plates_tect2_en.svg.png

See diagram above: North and South America are on different continental shelves. Both this way, and the traditional seven continents system see them as separate continents. Don't try and make yourself seem dangerous by trying to claim death mosquitos and tiger wasps or whatever it is that lives in the Amazon.

By that standard, western Russia/Asia and Greenland are both North American. Why don't you see how that works out for you?

My point is that the 7-continent split is not neccesarily traditional for anyone but English-speakers, and not neccesarily them (no idea what Belize or Guyana think).

Take a Spanish class and this will inevitably come up. Why do South Americans get ****y when we Americans call ourselves that? Because they think they're American. Their schools teach that there's one American continent in two parts. So us calling ourselves "American" comes off as arrogant.

EDIT: WESTERN Russia/Asia? What the **** am I talking about? I meant EASTERN.

Arseface;405837 said:
All it's got to do is wait for the bison to charge, and then jump out of the way so it runs into the side of the cage. Easy win.

But, and I admit I'm going out on a limb here, a bison's head is designed for charging. So, it nails the cage wall, turns around, and comes back. Eventually the hoppy little ****er will miss a dodge.