• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Oh God No, They're Back.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Oh God No, They're Back.

Necromancer11;402913 said:
How 'bout weed smoke?

yesss weed smoke too. funny story.

potheads tend to drift towards the woods to smoke in suburban and rural areas and also have a nasty habit of wearing flipflops, the stoner can be easily identified by having mosquito bites primarily on the ankle and lower leg, as it is a region that is often exposed and not caught in the smoke screen.

sounds kind of like something from the discovery channel doesn't it :lol:

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;403176 said:
potheads tend to drift towards the woods to smoke in suburban and rural areas and also have a nasty habit of wearing flipflops, the stoner can be easily identified by having mosquito bites primarily on the ankle and lower leg, as it is a region that is often exposed and not caught in the smoke screen.

I read that whole thing in an Australian accent. It was awesome.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Necromancer11;403194 said:

Crikey!

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Our Church's Chef is an ex 40-year pothead, his food is delicious; coincidence?

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Speaking of poor Steve, it seems his Daughter is in show business now in a nature show, also I just saw a Honey Bottle about a week ago with his face in surprise yelling "Crikey! This is Jolly Good Stuff!"

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;403263 said:

Necromancer11;403194 said:

Steve Irwin's accent is not typical of the Australian accent. Just wanted to clarify that.

Firis;403266 said:
Speaking of poor Steve, it seems his Daughter is in show business now in a nature show, also I just saw a Honey Bottle about a week ago with his face in surprise yelling "Crikey! This is Jolly Good Stuff!"

Yeah, she went a bit weird after that, with producers trying to use her to cash in on her dad's death. It's pretty sad when you think about it.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Deeply saddening.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score

I miss Steve Irwin.

/cry

I've only ever shed manly tears for 2 celebrities: Bernie Mac and Steve Irwin.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Arseface;403097 said:
Well the human body temperature is a lot more variable than the freezing/boiling point of water. And how many times has it been more useful to know what temperature the human body should be than the freezing or boiling point of water?

Yeah, and for scientific purposes it's Celsius or Kelvin all the way. But for the usage of real people, to get an idea of what the temperature is going to be like, really FEEL like, Fahrenheit works better.

Arseface;403097 said:
But they're both ridiculous next to the Kelvin system.

BAH. I don't need your steenking Kelvin. Rankine all the way. (Not really. Nobody uses Rankine.) Seriously, though, Kelvin is just Celsius with zero reset to absolute zero. Rankine is Fahrenheit with zero set at abosolute zero.

Arseface;403097 said:
But whine sounds like a sound a horse makes. Whinge (as in minge with a wh) sounds like what it actually is.

Maybe if your horses are Spanish. Our horses whinny, like good American horses should. Whinge? When you're whining, where does the g come in? "This **** sucks," where's the whine-sound, let alone the g? Also, I refuse to believe that "minge" is actually a word. I'm not sure why, but I do. And I'm making a stand of principle on that.

Arseface;403097 said:
Hey, Australia has heaps of mountains, and a lot more ocean than America does. We're an island, remember?

Ah, but our* mountains are nice, gently rolling, greenl, forested, and cool. What are YOUR mountains like, hmm? Probably, but you can't get at most of it, because it's across a massive desert and occupied by the Infamous Australian Wildlife (TM)-- We're All Out to Get You.

*Maryland's, that is. The Appalachians.

Arseface;403097 said:
At least we know that if our countries got involved in some kind of wildlife based war, then Australia would **** all over you guys. What's you're guys most dangerous animal? The honey-badger?

But hey, if the war involved Bear Cavalry, we'd win easily. Grizzlies and Polar Bears alone would wipe you out. And grizzlies are partially insectivorous. Australia'd be a postive FEAST.

Of course, then they'd die, because every damn one of your insects is obviously poisonous, but we could retaliate with all the snakes we have scattered all over the place, and the occasional spider. Hell, two snakes from Maryland alone. Though they would ****ing hate Australia, since they're from the nice, cool Appalachians I mentioned.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Walker;403413 said:
Yeah, and for scientific purposes it's Celsius or Kelvin all the way. But for the usage of real people, to get an idea of what the temperature is going to be like, really FEEL like, Fahrenheit works better.

Not if you know that the human body temperature should be around 37 degrees celcius. Then you're set. And it's still more useful in everyday life to know what temperature to set your fridge so all your drinks don't freeze. Unless you're a coroner, or something.

Walker;403413 said:
BAH. I don't need your steenking Kelvin. Rankine all the way. (Not really. Nobody uses Rankine.) Seriously, though, Kelvin is just Celsius with zero reset to absolute zero. Rankine is Fahrenheit with zero set at abosolute zero.

So we're saying Kelvin > Celcius > Fahrenheit > Rankine?

Walker;403413 said:
Maybe if your horses are Spanish. Our horses whinny, like good American horses should. Whinge? When you're whining, where does the g come in? "This **** sucks," where's the whine-sound, let alone the g? Also, I refuse to believe that "minge" is actually a word. I'm not sure why, but I do. And I'm making a stand of principle on that.

It's in that little sucking noise you make with your mouth when you hear bad news.

Walker;403413 said:
Ah, but our* mountains are nice, gently rolling, greenl, forested, and cool. What are YOUR mountains like, hmm? Probably, but you can't get at most of it, because it's across a massive desert and occupied by the Infamous Australian Wildlife (TM)-- We're All Out to Get You.

*Maryland's, that is. The Appalachians.

I don't know, but we have a couple of nice ski resorts. Besides, our mountain range is the fourth longest in the world.

And hey, a good 99% of our population lives on or near the coast.

Walker;403413 said:
But hey, if the war involved Bear Cavalry, we'd win easily. Grizzlies and Polar Bears alone would wipe you out. And grizzlies are partially insectivorous. Australia'd be a postive FEAST.

Your bear cavalry wouldn't get a chance to do anything because they will have all been killed by our snake and spider special forces. There's also probably enough poison left over for all your other dangerous animals as well. Then our dingos, Kangaroos and emus will just run (or hop, as the case may be) run around whatever's left of your animals before they die of exhaustion.

Walker;403413 said:
Of course, then they'd die, because every damn one of your insects is obviously poisonous, but we could retaliate with all the snakes we have scattered all over the place, and the occasional spider. Hell, two snakes from Maryland alone. Though they would ****ing hate Australia, since they're from the nice, cool Appalachians I mentioned.

One Australian snake is worth about 12 American snakes.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

I feel lucky here, all we get here in my area of KY is the Cottonmouth, a Rattlesnake or two, a few Copperheads, some Coyotes, Brown Recluse and the Widow. Most of those I haven't been dangerously close to.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

it's really not a thread until walker and arseface get at it :lol:

MournfulStorms

*Snerk*
Reaction score

I feel luckiest. I've never actually had to deal with a wild snake (seen a few, but they weren't close to me), and there really aren't very many dangerous animals around.

Also, I live in Canada. I, unfortunately, am a bug magnet (went to visit my grandparents in India and got eaten alive), but we don't get enough mosquitoes for them to actually be a huge problem. Just a nuisance.
Instead, we get horrible ant problems. It gets so bad that I feel itchy when I go to bed for no reason.

The heat feels a bit worse though. Although it's not really hot (27 degrees Celsius, we scorn your Fahrenheit system!), the winters are really cold so it feels awful when it gets like this.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Arseface;403646 said:
Not if you know that the human body temperature should be around 37 degrees celcius. Then you're set. And it's still more useful in everyday life to know what temperature to set your fridge so all your drinks don't freeze. Unless you're a coroner, or something.[/url]

Yeah, but 37? That's such an awkward number. Sounds so pathetic. Now, you know that 97.6 degrees is an AWESOME body temperature to have.

Arseface;403646 said:
So we're saying Kelvin > Celcius > Fahrenheit > Rankine?

Nope. Celsius=sciency, kelvin=sciency-er, fahrenheit=awesome, rankine=whogivesadamn.

Arseface;403646 said:
It's in that little sucking noise you make with your mouth when you hear bad news.

So that's how you whine over there is Australia?

Arseface;403646 said:
I don't know, but we have a couple of nice ski resorts. Besides, our mountain range is the fourth longest in the world.

What, you only have one? Anyway the Rockies are longer and taller, and the Appalachians are prettier.

(EDIT: Fifth-longest. That nifty undersea one is longer than any of the others. And holy crap, the Rockies are longer than the Himalayas?)

Arseface;403646 said:
And hey, a good 99% of our population lives on or near the coast.

The same is true almost everywhere. I forget the exact percentage, but something like 80%-90% of the WORLD population lives within a few miles of the coast.

Arseface;403646 said:
Your bear cavalry wouldn't get a chance to do anything because they will have all been killed by our snake and spider special forces. There's also probably enough poison left over for all your other dangerous animals as well. Then our dingos, Kangaroos and emus will just run (or hop, as the case may be) run around whatever's left of your animals before they die of exhaustion.

What about our tarantulas and black widows and ****? Admittedly, our nasty little insects and **** aren't as virulently venomous, but I think we're evenlay matched for numbers.

And don't even try it. Our coyotes'll kick your dingos's asses. AND they'll get the badgers to help them.

Arseface;403646 said:

Here's an incredibly convincing tourism site claiming that those snakes are dangerous to mice, and that they AREN'T that venomous to people! Doesn't that just SOUND true?

cheezMcNASTY;403652 said:
it's really not a thread until walker and arseface get at it :lol:

I know, right? It's like a double meaning of the thread title, really great. WEEEE'RE BAAAAAACK.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Walker;404294 said:
Yeah, but 37? That's such an awkward number. Sounds so pathetic. Now, you know that 97.6 degrees is an AWESOME body temperature to have.

Not even 100? It's even worse than I thought. What's water's freezing point in fahrenheit? 32? So you have to make sure your fridge is set above 32, but your freezer is set below? Celcius is soo much easier. Fridge is positivev numbers, freezer is negative numbers.

Walker;404294 said:
Nope. Celsius=sciency, kelvin=sciency-er, fahrenheit=awesome, rankine=whogivesadamn.

No, Fahrenheit = confusing and unnecessary.

Walker;404294 said:
So that's how you whine over there is Australia?

You know the sound. It's the sound a child makes when his mother tells him to go brush his teeth. I think it's written as "tch". Everyone does it.

Walker;404294 said:
What, you only have one? Anyway the Rockies are longer and taller, and the Appalachians are prettier.

Whatever, we have a way cooler reef.

Walker;404294 said:
The same is true almost everywhere. I forget the exact percentage, but something like 80%-90% of the WORLD population lives within a few miles of the coast.

Yeah, but I think about two people don't live near a coast in Australia, and they're both dead.

Walker;404294 said:
What about our tarantulas and black widows and ****? Admittedly, our nasty little insects and **** aren't as virulently venomous, but I think we're evenlay matched for numbers.

We've got tarantulas as well. Tarantulas aren't deadly anyway, just scary looking. And we have the Redback Spider, which is our even more creative name for the Black Widow.

Besides, we've got the deadly Funnelweb! Again, such a creative name.

Walker;404294 said:
And don't even try it. Our coyotes'll kick your dingos's asses. AND they'll get the badgers to help them.

A coyote coun't chase down an emu or kangaroo. Then our kangaroos and dingos will take care of them. And that's if they haven't died from all their spider/snake bites. Sure, you might manage to kill all our smaller native animals, but we weren't going to use them anyway.

Walker;404294 said:

That website implies that our Aboriginees aren't people. Can we really trust such a source?

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Please, Deer totally wins here... Australia give up ;)

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Felt sorry for the dog, but the cat totally got what it deserved. :lol:

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Holy crap, it's horrifying! Get the shotgun, paw. Damn deer.

Arseface;404304 said:
Not even 100? It's even worse than I thought. What's water's freezing point in fahrenheit? 32? So you have to make sure your fridge is set above 32, but your freezer is set below? Celcius is soo much easier. Fridge is positivev numbers, freezer is negative numbers.

Do you really need to be setting your fridge that often? I mean, do it once and be done with it. But you need an idea of how cold it is outside all the time. And 40 just isn't impressive. 103, on the other hand, is very impressive. Incidentally, the thermometer we have outside says it's that hot now. **** me over.

EDIT: And exactly. If it's over 100, you know it's really bad, you've got a nasty fever.

Arseface;404304 said:
You know the sound. It's the sound a child makes when his mother tells him to go brush his teeth. I think it's written as "tch". Everyone does it.

Actually, the noise I made was more along the lines of "mooooom."

Arseface;404304 said:
Whatever, we have a way cooler reef.

And we have way cooler bays and barrier islands, so it balances out.

Arseface;404304 said:
Yeah, but I think about two people don't live near a coast in Australia, and they're both dead.

What about the zombies?

Arseface;404304 said:
We've got tarantulas as well. Tarantulas aren't deadly anyway, just scary looking. And we have the Redback Spider, which is our even more creative name for the Black Widow.

Look, if it's that freaky looking it gets honorary "deadly" status. Well-known fact.

Arseface;404304 said:
Besides, we've got the deadly Funnelweb! Again, such a creative name.

Oh, yeah? Well I got a spider in my backyard who made a web shaped like a funnel! So, ha!

Arseface;404304 said:
A coyote coun't chase down an emu or kangaroo. Then our kangaroos and dingos will take care of them. And that's if they haven't died from all their spider/snake bites. Sure, you might manage to kill all our smaller native animals, but we weren't going to use them anyway.

Why not? Coyotes are pretty badass. And are we allowed to let the wolves come back from their banishment and repeatedy-getting-shot status to join in?

Arseface;404304 said:
That website implies that our Aboriginees aren't people. Can we really trust such a source?

Nope. Not remotely. Though I missed that part.

Also, did I mention that I went to the National Aquarium in Baltimore on the 4th? I had forgotten that it had an Australian section, and I got to go visit all your little birdies and intimidating reptiles and token tarantulas and even some actual fish!

Also, got to watch a couplea turtles going at it. That was fun.

And best of all? NO MOSQUITOES!

ali1238

would you kindly
Reaction score

Arseface;403097 said:
But they're both ridiculous next to the Kelvin system.

Thats the Celsius system +273... So its like starting the Celsius system at a different point. Also starting from absolute zero is pointless in every day application.

EDIT: no mosquitoes here, and I live moderately close to a large water source. Feels good man.