• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Women cant rape men - dont read if you're not mature enough to hear about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
Re: Women cant rape men - dont read if you're not mature enough to hear about it.

it is possible, and yeah it would be rather painful

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score
Re: Women cant rape men - dont read if you're not mature enough to hear about it.

Dark Drakan;277339 said:
How about the cases where a man rapes another man?

I know a young man that was raped, but I won't say how, he is haunted by it. It's not pretty what one cruel human can do to another.:realmad:

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

moonfever;278249 said:
I know a young man that was raped, but I won't say how, he is haunted by it. It's not pretty what one cruel human can do to another.:realmad:
I hear you.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Urahara;277287 said:
I know this is very random, but I heard that women cant rape men because

1. They're generally weaker than men.
  2. Apparently if a man gets an erection it means they are consenting to sex.
So men cant be raped by women? o_O
I'm not sexist, but that sounds stupid. What d'you think?
This is a very interesting subject to me and I think more people should think about it. Too often men who are the subject of sexual assualt/abuse do not speak out because of the embarrassment, shame and stigma - moreso because "guys enjoy it anyway".

As has been pointed out, any stimuli can result in erection and with many sexual attack victims, male and female, there has been shame associated with their body reacting to the act yet their mind being repulsed by it and, unable to marry the two reactions together, thus begins the secret shame, as it is often called.

Whether or not a man has an erection or whether he ejaculates during the act, if the person has not consented or has asked for it to stop then it is rape - pure and simple. No amount of smudging the lines is going to change that fact. Women being raped can orgasm, secrete lubricants and their body can respond just the same way as it would through consensual sex - but that doesn't mean that they "enjoyed" it or wanted it. It means that their biological functions are operating normally and are not easily controlled.

More often than not a rape victim, male or female, will "disappear" inside their minds whilst the act is continuing in order to preserve themselves from immediate shock. It also acts as a way of safeguarding the body against serious injury during violation - often misjudged as a form of consent. The more you thrash about, the worse it is - sounds harsh, but it's true. Unfortunately, the idea that someone just "takes it" is often seen as a strong indicator that they don't really mind, at the very least, or are consenting to it, at the very most.

Rape is a form of control through sexual dominance and violence - granted, women raping men may be rarer (insofar as statistics can show us - if it ain't reported, who'll know for sure?) but it happens and ought to carry the same penalty as other forms of rape. The psychological damage of any sexual assault is far-reaching and cannot be fully quantified as each person is different but that is often the worst part of rape as the physical outcomes may heal in time but the mind can revisit the event at any given moment in perfect detail and with absolute clarity.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

I've been awaiting your reply on this matter, Angel. And once more you more then live up to my expectations. Like many times before we're in agreement, but you manage to put it a billion times better than I managed to.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Steve was like "no don't read that thread!" but I just had to...

It's one of those subjects whether applying to males or females which is not talked about enough. It's taken long enough to get people's awareness of domestic abuse high enough that it's supported more in courts as a genuine case for conviction - but rape is so hard to even bring to court, let alone push for a conviction. Not many women or men would want to see their attacker again or have people see them as the person who had such and such done to them...and I think for a man the whole idea that a woman could do this to him would do more than cause embarrassment and shame - I think it could possibly border on emasculating them, depending on what kind of person they are.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Exactly.

The stigma that comes along with it is exactly why this whole misconception that a man can't be raped by a woman exist. While it would be quite absurd to claim that the ratio of female-on-male rape is equal to that of male-on-female rape cases, I'm convinced that the reason why they seem to be so non-existent is because it is never brought to light when it happens.

Male-on-male rape is quite common as opposed to female-on-male rape. Probably because when there is another man involved it seems more "credible" that the act was forced.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I think the general portrayal of men tends to be that they'll have anything with a pulse and if she looks like a dog at least you can turn the lights off and pretend - the sad truth is that you cannot control when your little guy wants to say hello and often women will think that just because an erection is present, you're up for it.

I was watching an episode of one of my favourite comedy shows, Peep Show, the other day and it shows one of the guys waking up to find a girl riding him on the floor. He tells her to get off and that he wants her to stop and she carries on, talking dirty and in his head he has this monologue where he's saying "is this really happening? am I being...assaulted? and - oh my god - am I actually going to? Yes, I'm actually going to orgasm against my will! this is outrageous!" - it was meant to be humorous, of course, but it's not til his flatmate says "well mate, you were raped" that he realises the girl was out of order. But nobody believes him and just thinks he's either a liar or gay. One of the parting lines is "there must be something wrong with you, Mark. Any man would give his right bollock to wake up to a woman riding him."

All tongue in cheek but it shows the common reaction. "what are you complaining about? You got to have sex - get over it" - the idea that all men want to do is shag about when actually that's more associated with people going through puberty who live in fantasy land and have yet to have a girlfriend. Then to stand up and complain officially that you had sex against your will puts you in the firing line for immense ridicule and offensive questions about your sexuality - i.e. you must be gay if you don't enjoy a woman "taking" you. Gay or not, if your penis is going to react to stimuli it doesn't matter whether the other person is gay, straight, bi or your freakin' granny. It doesn't mean you "want it".

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Aye, that's true. It's the same as female teachers having affairs with teenage boys.

"Man, I wish I could've boinked my sexy teacher when I was a teenager! Lucky sod!"

But then you have "the dirty old man" teacher who has an affair with a young female teenager and all hell breaks loose.

Man, all those feminists are full of crap. It's not a "man's world" in any way.

D

DragonMaster91

For once Tsuyu, we are in agreement.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

Y'killed the thread :( At least post something ontopic and new.

As for me, I've stopped posting because my questions have been answered and I think the discussion has gone out of my league ;)

D

DragonMaster91

Urahara;278580 said:
Y'killed the thread :( At least post something ontopic and new.

As for me, I've stopped posting because my questions have been answered and I think the discussion has gone out of my league ;)
At least it is still on topic.

Digital 0sm0sis

Reaction score

Rape by definition is "any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person."
Most cases of woman on man rape I believe are statutory rape cases, but I could be mistaken, when it is not statutory rape it falls under the sexual assault category, not rape itself... however it is only the legal definition that is the problem in these cases and most time the same charges apply.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Ah! That took forever to read! See what happens when I leave for a day? More long posts!

Just kiddin' :p Great points by the way Angel and Tsuyu. At least this was educational :lol:

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Digital 0sm0sis;278691 said:
Rape by definition is "any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person."
Most cases of woman on man rape I believe are statutory rape cases, but I could be mistaken, when it is not statutory rape it falls under the sexual assault category, not rape itself... however it is only the legal definition that is the problem in these cases and most time the same charges apply.
See I don't think that's right (if I've read your post correctly so please tell me if I misunderstood) - if a woman rapes a man it should be classed as such - not demoted to sexual assault which doesn't always carry the same penalty. If a woman is raped it is called rape - the justice system shouldn't have two different rules for the same case. If a woman is found guilty of raping a man then she should pay the same price as a guy would in the same situation - I hate that women get lighter sentences or more compassion in many cases and if she's evil enough to do that to someone then she deserves to be locked up for it.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

I think he was only saying that he thinks that that's what happens. If that makes sense o_O

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Yeah it does - I wasn't disagreeing with him, just that if it is true then the system is wrong.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

Yeah that's what I think too. I think it's the same with the job systems. Because in recent years (past 60 odd years) women have been demanding equal rights, and apart of that is job oppertunities, some employers nowadays feel the need to be biased against the actual better worker. I'm not saying this happens all the time, just sometimes it happens. It's also starting to happen with race, i.e the employer being scared of the race card.

I know this is getting off topic, but it applies the same thought, dont you think? If women are treated equally, which should be without question in the justice system, then there must be similar consiquences for peoples actions, men and women alike, for all crimes.

Now getting back ontopic, people are saying that paedophile's and rapist's locations should be disclosed to the public for their safety. On one side it's good, because people can be wary, etc. On the other hand, does it not go against their human rights? And they may get beaten up regularly and forced to move. And then the chain starts. Just a subtopic, but what d'you think?

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Blah - human rights annoy me. They're good up to a point but then the rules get twisted to get criminals out of prison early and allow those committing atrocities to get away with it.

I really don't know about sex offenders and their details to be honest with you - it's actually quite a difficut area for me to be black and white about. I have incredibly strong feelings concerning sex offenders but even so, I do accept that people can change - however unlikely it may be. Those who are repeat offenders or serial rapists are not in the same league as those who have committed a sex offence just once, IMO. I'm not trying to lessen the severity of the act but try to get it in some sort of context - if someone is convicted of rape or serious sexual assault as a result of, say, being under the influence or having a much younger partner then I personally do not think they should be ostracised in the same way as a person who actively preys on others in order to hurt, control and humiliate through repeated sexual abuse/rape. I'm not saying what they did was right - but getting hysterical helps nobody and putting everyone at the same level isn't necessarily right.

Human rights aside - very diffcult issue on its own as it is - I'm not wholly convinced that people should know the whereabouts of sex offenders/paedophiles as the backlash could be enormous. Parents will undoubtedly (and to a degree understandably) overreact and women would panic about leaving the house. My child has never been abused so perhaps I'm not the best qualified to have an opinion regarding paedophiles in this case - but sex offenders of the adult variety is a different matter. I don't think I would want to know if someone was living in my area - I think that would freak me out too much. Everyone is different though and some may want to know exactly where an offender may be so that they can give them a wide berth.

I have to see it as surely if this person was truly a danger to society they wouldn't be released (putting far too much faith in the judicial system there but I live in hope!). Serial sex offenders are often mentally disturbed in one way or another and would require a degree of reconditioning before release - and those with a history of mental illness which manifests itself in this way would be required to attend frequent meetings and be willing to undergo observation.

I just don't know, if I'm honest - it's a very difficult subject for me...

Dagzey

Sith Lord
Reaction score

OK, my turn. this isn't so much about men being raped by women, but it is about the woman having control over the outcome. (eg. the woman consenting, changing her mind halfway through the act, then crying rape.)

I currently have a close friend (like a brother) who is in prison for an alleged rape. i have known this guy since we were 13. we are now 28. he, for some idiotic reason, against the advice of every single one of his friends and family members, married this girl who is seriously damaged goods. she's from a broken home, her father lives on the other side of the country, her mother is an alcoholic and so is she. she is the oldest of 6 kids, of whom only 2 share the same father. my mate, and his spouse have three kids between them, plus 3 more from her previous relationships. her entire family is screwed up.
now, my mate has always had a little trouble keeping his pants on, and isn't exactly modest about his sexual prowess either, so as you can imagine, with the way things developed in this marriage, that he ended up cheating on her, but the stupid idiot didn't just cheat with anybody. he did it with his wifes youngest half sister, who was a very selfish, spoiled young ladette, and also quite sexually active, not to mention she was only 15. (16 is the legal age of consent in Australia) He tells me this was consensual intercourse. The sister then, after the fact went and told his wife/her sister. they then conspired together and had him arrested for rape. Now, i know very well that my friend has quite a libido, but he is no rapist. he just makes stupid decisions that get him in alot of trouble at times. in the end, it's statutory rape anyway, so by law, he deserves to be there, not that i want him in there though.

His wife left the state, taking the kids without him knowing(at the time). By Australian Law, I believe that is kidnapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.