• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Smoking Banned?

H

Hexadecimal

Re: Smoking Banned?

Walker;143417 said:
But what if you work at the cubicle next to the guy, and every day you have the smoke wafting off his body over to you? I just don't know... I scientist I am not-- just a wannabe engineer/wannabe writer/possibly wannabe Coast Guard ossifer.

I don't really know about the BABIES being gross, but the garlic-- THAT's revolting. (Here,I'll even use a smiley: :sick:)

you cannot get cancer from a smell... it is the smoke that is carcinogenic, not the smell that's left over... and for the smoke to be "wafting over you" he would have to be sitting there smoking in the cubicle...

and babies are gross... don't even pretend that they aren't...
they poop you know O_O

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;143420 said:
you cannot get cancer from a smell... it is the smoke that is carcinogenic, not the smell that's left over... and for the smoke to be "wafting over you" he would have to be sitting there smoking in the cubicle...

they poop you know O_O

We poop... :lol: can you get cancer from second hand smoke that has been in your house since birth?

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;143420 said:

they poop you know O_O

Well, as I admitted above, I am not a scientist or doctor or anything else-- but unless I am wildly mistaken, the sense of small works by picking up tiny little particles of whatever you're smelling. If you're smelling the remnants of cigarette smoke, you're smelling the same thing you were when they were walking past you outside with a burning chunk of paper and vegetation held in their mouth. Only difference is age. I could be mistaken... but I don't think I am.

And yes, babies are gross... just not as bad as garlic. Also, if you are playing with someone ELSE's baby, you get to dump them on the parents when it's diaper time and leave the room. Same with vomit, flatulence, drool, and other unattractive side effects.

H

Hexadecimal

Walker;143424 said:
Well, as I admitted above, I am not a scientist or doctor or anything else-- but unless I am wildly mistaken, the sense of small works by picking up tiny little particles of whatever you're smelling. If you're smelling the remnants of cigarette smoke, you're smelling the same thing you were when they were walking past you outside with a burning chunk of paper and vegetation held in their mouth. Only difference is age. I could be mistaken... but I don't think I am.

And yes, babies are gross... just not as bad as garlic. Also, if you are playing with someone ELSE's baby, you get to dump them on the parents when it's diaper time and leave the room. Same with vomit, flatulence, drool, and other unattractive side effects.

sense of smell?

and sorry, but while you are indeed picking up tiny bits of the matter when you smell, substances also change fundamentally when burned...
what you are smelling is not the smoke, but the smell of the burnt cigarette, and it's not the same... the chemicals are released when the cigarette oxideizes for one thing, and it's already burned, that's why you're smelling it...
just trust me, you cannot get cancer from sitting next to a guy who smells like smoke :hmm:

and babies are worse than garlic... garlic is delicious, but eat a baby and all of a sudden everyone is all up in your grill with the cries of "murder" and "atrocities" :rolleyes:

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

I heard that you can get cancer by eating carcinogens (which is what gets made when something is burnt, if I'm not mistaken, which I probably am). I am probably wrong though...

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Smelling someone who smells of smoke isn't exactly the same as inhaling said smoke.

Oh and Hex, Garlic Filled Babies for the win! :lol:

Ahmad Abu-Gdairi

I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong.
Reaction score

hay, sorry to interupt you, but i was wondering if you could tell me how to poast a new Thread. ive tride very very hard to find a way but i cant find it...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

ahmad14;143454 said:
hay, sorry to interupt you, but i was wondering if you could tell me how to poast a new Thread. ive tride very very hard to find a way but i cant find it...

Just go to the section you want to post it in and go to the New Topic button.

th_46851_topic_122_848lo.JPG

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

+REP for Andy... :lol: Back on topic, on most somkeing web-sties, they say to stop smokeing... Why? I mean, why whouldn't they say," Hey, try it!"?

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

DuckY;143503 said:
Thanks for that andy.

Please don't spam. Post something toward the topic. That other guy and Andy was Ok, but it was resloved.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Triz;143501 said:
+REP for Andy... :lol: Back on topic, on most somkeing web-sties, they say to stop smokeing... Why? I mean, why whouldn't they say," Hey, try it!"?

They cant endorse something that could harm you, like having an advert saying. 'When you get home tonight take a knife and stab yourself in the leg, you might miss an artery and only have minor injuries its pot luck'. They cant advertise or try to promote something that causes you harm.

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;143535 said:
They cant endorse something that could harm you, like having an advert saying. 'When you get home tonight take a knife and stab yourself in the leg, you might miss an artery and only have minor injuries its pot luck'. They cant advertise or try to promote something that causes you harm.

What about the ads for skydiving??

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Triz;143539 said:
What about the ads for skydiving??

If someone gets hurt skydiving, its an accident or someone messed up... its a high risk activity. One that i will hopefully trying out myself soon actually.

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;143543 said:
If someone gets hurt skydiving, its an accident or someone messed up... its a high risk activity. One that i will hopefully trying out myself soon actually.

So, it is almost like, " Smoke at your own risk"?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Triz;143545 said:
So, it is almost like, " Smoke at your own risk"?

Precisely it.

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

When someone dies they say,"We told you so!". Then why isn't smoking only prescribe medication?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Triz;143572 said:
Then why isn't smoking only prescribe medication?

Dont understand what you mean by that...

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;143596 said:
Dont understand what you mean by that...

Well think about it, it helps calm nevors and it be harder for kids to get them.

H

Hexadecimal

Triz;143521 said:
Please don't spam. Post something toward the topic. That other guy and Andy was Ok, but it was resloved.

Triz, he was just thanking Andy, something that doesn't seem to happen often enough around here
I wouldn't call that Spam, exactly, and we should try to show patience with new members, not just yell at them :hmm: