• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask The Staff 'Anything'

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Ask The Staff 'Anything'

You're just jealous because we beat you two to one. DEMOCRACY RULES OUT TASTE PREFERENCE LOLOLOL.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Firis;345862 said:
@Staff: What is up with some Taco Bells over here having Sporks, but some have a fork and spoon instead of Spork.

We dont have Taco Bell here so no idea.

Pirate X;345924 said:
@Admins: Whom would you say is the most hardcore gamer between the 3 of you?

Depends how you define 'hardcore' really. I play more games that would be seen to be competitive at the moment organise gaming nights in a local bar but Steve & Sharon have longer to game than I do (maybe a little less time with the little one now) and Steve usually buys more games than me and takes the time to max the achievements out on games.

Whereas I would usually play through a game once and then move to the next game. So guess it depends on your definition of a hardcore gamer. We are all pretty dedicated gamers as you can tell with our network of sites.

TJ Griffin;345930 said:
Today someone told me that England is the only country in Europe that drives on the left side of the road. Please confirm or deny.

I dont think that is true no.

Walker;345945 said:
So, admins. Why is the UK's coastguard so... unimpressive compared to the US Coast Guard? I already know the answer, I'm just asking to be an asshole. Please ignore me.

Also, any ideas why I'm an asshole?

Anyone else doing any fun Halloween events that invole terrifying small children-- and, since it's my library's haunted house, getting paid $10.50 an hour for doing so?

Our beaches are pretty boring and have no dangerous animals besides Jellyfish and rarely the odd shark.

Maybe its genetic.

Im wearing an outfit for Halloween, if it scares small children that will just be a bonus. :lol:

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Walker;345845 said:
I'm sorry, are you going to FIND a baby in the alley/bathroom, or are you going to acquire a baby of your own there? I can't tell which seems more terrifying.

Also, I feel really sorry if [goes to check] Jessica and whatever-new-baby's-name-is ever read that. I really do. Poor little tykes.
I'd go with finding them, personally - can't say conception in an alleyway is appealing...

And my kids are already getting sorted for therapy - occasionally I tell Jessica she's adopted or I found her in a dumpster. And I tell Jake we don't know who his parents are and that Steve is gay and/or a raging paedophile. It passes the time...
Pirate X;345924 said:
@Admins: Whom would you say is the most hardcore gamer between the 3 of you?
Clearly me - forget your L4D, forget Gears, forget Operation Flashpoint - the true hardcore gamer is the one who can master romance Chewnicorns AND acquire twin wildcards. I rule.

Walker;345945 said:
Anyone else doing any fun Halloween events that invole terrifying small children-- and, since it's my library's haunted house, getting paid $10.50 an hour for doing so?
Don't do Halloween - the most I get involved is ignoring the doorbell and putting up signs which effectively tell the little craps who come up my driveway to get lost.

Skotekal;345957 said:
How is the baby doing, Mr. and Mrs. Projectego?
Right now he's being a little git because he hates being put down. He'll scream himself to sleep eventually. Either that or he'll lose his voice. Win-win, in my book.

Other than the noise, he's doing fine.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

O' dearest staff, ego of project!
How proud you stand, tall and erect!
How doth thou, become so tall?
Hearts conquered, and loveth'd by all?
I seek to know, the secret of thee!
So I can then kill you, and lov'd I shalt be!!!
With the power of thou, I shall become adept!
And for my poetic skills, shalt give me rep?

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

No.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

>:

Anyone else? :>

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;345992 said:
Our beaches are pretty boring and have no dangerous animals besides Jellyfish and rarely the odd shark.

Im wearing an outfit for Halloween, if it scares small children that will just be a bonus. :lol:

More because your Navy does a lot of our Coast Guard's jobs, or other governmental agencies, but yeah.

Also, hey, that works. I just had a great time cutting up my sister and throwing her innards at small children as she screamed in agony.

Angel;346013 said:
I'd go with finding them, personally - can't say conception in an alleyway is appealing...

And my kids are already getting sorted for therapy - occasionally I tell Jessica she's adopted or I found her in a dumpster. And I tell Jake we don't know who his parents are and that Steve is gay and/or a raging paedophile. It passes the time...

Don't do Halloween - the most I get involved is ignoring the doorbell and putting up signs which effectively tell the little craps who come up my driveway to get lost.

Right now he's being a little git because he hates being put down. He'll scream himself to sleep eventually. Either that or he'll lose his voice. Win-win, in my book.

Awww, such an adorable child. I feel like I should remember his name. And warn you not to go the way my family did. Ended up with 4/6 J-names, completely by accident.

Ah... if you don't mind my asking, your aversion to Halloween isn't because you think it's Satanic or something, is it? I'd be really dissapointed if that were the reason.

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;345992 said:
We dont have Taco Bell here so no idea.

Depends how you define 'hardcore' really. I play more games that would be seen to be competitive at the moment organise gaming nights in a local bar but Steve & Sharon have longer to game than I do (maybe a little less time with the little one now) and Steve usually buys more games than me and takes the time to max the achievements out on games.

Whereas I would usually play through a game once and then move to the next game. So guess it depends on your definition of a hardcore gamer. We are all pretty dedicated gamers as you can tell with our network of sites.

I dont think that is true no.

Maybe its genetic.

My definition of a hardcore gamer is:

• Putting in at least 35+ hours on it
  • Playing both Co-Op, Campaign, and Online for at least 30 hours each
  • Getting 99.999999999999999% of the achievements.
But that's just me.........

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

You realize that only the 360/PS3 have a console achievement system, right? So PC gamers can't be hardcore?

And Mr. Drakan, if you could punch anyone on the forum in the face, who would you punch?

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

To Kyle, I'd punch Dark Drakan in the face just to see what would happen.

:lol:

Tiamatria

Believes in John Myung
Reaction score

I hate people who associate Halloween with Satanism.

It's a f**king CELTIC holiday! Gawd!

Another Spartan

DoCtOr OcToGoNaPuS!
Reaction score

Angel;346013 said:

Those are gonna be some EFFED UP children. Reminds me of my aunt's raising my cousins. They're afraid of their mother and love their dad, but he lost mostly in court so they barely ever see him.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Skotekal;346152 said:
You realize that only the 360/PS3 have a console achievement system, right? So PC gamers can't be hardcore?

I was thinking that about PC gamers. Although i do spend a lot of time gaming, talking about gaming and helping people with gaming problems i dont care that much about achievements. Just a number of points to me, i wont bother myself doing achievements that generally annoy me just for the kudos of doing it.

Skotekal;346152 said:
And Mr. Drakan, if you could punch anyone on the forum in the face, who would you punch?

I think they would have to pick a number and get in line, been quite a few in the past. However I dont need to I have the mighty Banhammer and it has no equal on these boards.

Trawgdor;346153 said:
To Kyle, I'd punch Dark Drakan in the face just to see what would happen.

:lol:

I applaud that, however you arent staff =].

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

What does the colour blue taste like?

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Walker;346142 said:
Ah... if you don't mind my asking, your aversion to Halloween isn't because you think it's Satanic or something, is it? I'd be really dissapointed if that were the reason.
I don't think it's Satanic - although the non-LaVeyan Satanists are known to use the holiday as a special time for them, as are some covens of Black Witches, Halloween has strong roots in both Celtic and Christian heritage. I just don't like the occult aspects which are connected to traditional festivals of the dead - divination, seances, Ouija Boards etc. It doesn't sit right with me or my beliefs.

Plus in this country kids see Halloween as an excuse to be little vandals, terrorise the elderly and vulnerable people and generally be abusive to people. It's worlds apart from how it is celebrated in America.

Arseface;346268 said:
What does the colour blue taste like?
Your mum.*

*Sorry, we've been doing that a lot in our house recently and it's a hard habit to break.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Ooh, toughie. First game that springs to mind is Duke Nukem 3D. I was stupidly into Duke 3D and went out of my way to collect all the add-ons. Duke it out in DC, Duke Winter and Duke in the Caribbean being among some of my favourite unofficial add-ons.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Who's gonna ride your white horses?

Another Spartan

DoCtOr OcToGoNaPuS!
Reaction score

@ first staff member who sees this, what's your favorite band/ color with a name starting with c or w?

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

@Admins: Should my next video game be Halo 2 or Star Wars Forced Unleashed (360 version)?

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

Damnit! There are so many awesome new games out and on their way this month its almost not fair! I want to play them all!

But as they say...

There aint no rest for the wicked.
Money don't grow on trees.
I can't slow down, I can't hold back.
Although you know I wish I could.
There aint no rest for the wicked.
So is Borderlands any good?

Because it looks awesome. Ah, so many choices, so little cash...