• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Modern Warfare 2

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score
Re: Modern Warfare 2

ScareCrowReturn;347938 said:
So, quick question, Is the game good? :w00t:

Hahaha!

You know that thing called sex? Yeah, its better than that.

I got it at a midnight release, then I played it for about 7 hours straight. It was amazing. Then we cuddled and fell asleep. Tomorrow I think I will take the game to dinner and a movie.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

On the subject of PC abandonment, I can frown to that a well, I do not have a great PC and I would be to cheap to buy/make a custom monster ATM sooo that doesn't affect me much, but I thank Blizzard for bieng a very loyal PC company, EA shut down the Old C&C servers, but Starcraft still blows like a whistle :)
I plan on getting a High-End PC after I move out, and as such hopefully I can fall in love all over again with PC gaming.

P.S Beat MW2 the day i came out, It was awesome, I had this nostalgia: The whole American campaignI had "Hells March 2" stuck in my head along with RA2's first Soviet mission XD

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Skotekal;347941 said:
Well, they unavoidable camping problem is there, but that can't be helped. The story is pretty good, but I liked the first one better, and the spawn system online needs some work.

Whats the campaign problem?

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^Camping, as in Sniping in a hidden position and never moving. I am guilty of this XD.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Ohh Camping.. Haha, Camping is fun, sometimes, but then it gets kind of boring. its Fun when they actually see you and start shooting at you..

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Oh, using a sniper and camping is perfectly fine. You are supposed to do this. Now hardcore camping with the bling perk using an ACOG and a heartbeat sensor is a little douchy.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

What does bling perk and hearbeat sensor do?

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Heartbeat sensors are attached to the side of the gun, and it scans for for heartbeat. So, UAV jams are useless, and the bling perk allows 2 attachments on a gun.

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

*Camping

Not Campaign.

Camping is when a person stays in the same spot to get cheap kills, over and over again.

EDIT: Oh darn, I didn't see that there was an extra page. >.<

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah, just like your friend there Alex. :lol:

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

Well in less than a day I beat the campaign in Veteran, have 40 some out of 69 stars in Special Ops, maybe I'll get the rest tomorrow

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

Small campaign spoiler.

So was I the only one who thought: "so this is what happened in DC to make it look like that in Fallout 3"?

Wolverine

Mutant
Reaction score

MD2 FTW! Don't dis the might of the sequel! (Or the prequel!)

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

M... D?

@ John Doe

Well, the gaming companies are just in it for the money, but Infinity Ward along with a few others like Valve actually give a damn about their customers.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is pretty much like Left 4 Dead 2 and Halo: ODST - a game that should be DLC. But unlike ODST, or L4D2, MW2 actually has a nice storyline, which wholly makes sense and, well, is a pretty good story

Although the gameplay does not differ much, Modern Warfare 2 is still a good game, it's pretty much it's predecessor, except with new guns, story, and multiplayer.

Modern Warfare 2 delivers just what you think it would, excellent story and multiplayer.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Trawgdor;348046 said:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is pretty much like Left 4 Dead 2 and Halo: ODST - a game that should be DLC. But unlike ODST, or L4D2, MW2 actually has a nice storyline, which wholly makes sense and, well, is a pretty good story

I think it offered more new things than Halo ODST and L4D2 combined. The weapons are totally different, new campaign that plays at a different pace to the original (though less wow moments), multiplayer although the same concept at heart just feels different. I was an avid player of COD 4 and Modern Warfare 2 online feels like a different game, same at heart but with all the new customisation and such its flipped everything on its head.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

Hey, I suddenly noticed that on multiplayer, my SCAR-H only has 40 rounds (2 clips worth). Is one of my perks or attachments causing that or is that the normal ammo amount for that weapon (I could have sworn it had more ammo earlier...)? It really sucks cause I'm low level (well, not that low, like 16 or so) and I like that gun but it runs out of ammo so fast. I can't really get past a 6 killstreak without having to pick up someone else's gun.

Also, does anyone else hate the deathstreaks? I don't like being rewarded for sucking. Its like the game is saying "hey, you suck so bad we are gonna help you out noobie!" I just use painkiller, it seems to be the most useless. I wish there was an option to forgo the deathsteak perk for something else.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

TJ Griffin;348068 said:
Hey, I suddenly noticed that on multiplayer, my SCAR-H only has 40 rounds (2 clips worth). Is one of my perks or attachments causing that or is that the normal ammo amount for that weapon (I could have sworn it had more ammo earlier...)? It really sucks cause I'm low level (well, not that low, like 16 or so) and I like that gun but it runs out of ammo so fast. I can't really get past a 6 killstreak without having to pick up someone else's gun.

Also, does anyone else hate the deathstreaks? I don't like being rewarded for sucking. Its like the game is saying "hey, you suck so bad we are gonna help you out noobie!" I just use painkiller, it seems to be the most useless. I wish there was an option to forgo the deathsteak perk for something else.

Theres a perk later on to extend the capacity of the magazines so maybe they are all shortened originally.

I dont mind the deathstreaks because they arent overly useful but sometimes its nice to have a little boost when your having a bad game. I had 1 particularly shocking game last night and the copycat perk was handy for a couple of kills with a gun with heartbeat sensor (which i obviously dont have access to yet and its really handy). Also kind of useful if you find yourself on a level that you dont have a class thats decently equipped for. For example i was on an open sniper level (forget the name) but my sniper class is quite basic but the guy who killed me had a fully equipped one. So i stole his class with pimped out sniper rifle and perks and got a couple of kills with it.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Campaign opinion: Really good, liked the levels, fun gameplay, Red Alert 2 style action. Good weapon ammounts.
Campaign Downsides: Way to many plot twists, I could sense them before they hit later in the game.

SpecOps: Didn't like it, it was like the old arcade game "Challenge Modes" I was hoping for something that didn't feel just like another piece of the campaign.

Multiplayer: Like the guns, the options, the MASSIVE ammount of attachments and camo. Disliked how the FAMAS seems to be the beat all-end all of the assault rifles from what I have seen. Really my only classes are a FAMAS class and a Sniper class. I am lovign the gameplay though, love some of the maps.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Scar with a thermal scope and a heartbeat sensor is better. :p

Or AKIMBO P90's, THE GOD OF GODS OF CLOSE RANGE COMBAT! (Also the new "n00b combo".

And how the hell do you get outsniped by a famas when you are a sniper? Those must be some slow reflexes you have there. :lol:

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

FAMAS is a really good Sniper actually.